• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Decent Cycle Cover

abbienormal

High Miler
GT Famiglia
I am not one to cover my bikes when on a trip. I do not want the added bulk of packing a cover. That being said I wished I had one while spending 3 days in the Outer Banks last year and seeing all the sand and salt on the bike each morning even after having it parked in a car port. I may be heading back this year for 6 days so I was wondering if anybody has found an easy to pack cover that will cover my 1400 California Touring with the windshield, lowers, National Cycle hand guards and the 50L trunk. Extreme durability is not as important as ease of packing. I normally have the bike stored in a heated garage and on trips I figure I ride it in the rain it can sit overnight in the rain.

Check out Cycle Gear online unless there is a store near you. I got the XL BILT brand Dust Cover for $19.99 on sale, it normally is $39.99. It is made for a Touring size bike and is almost to big since I don't have the top case yet.
It even comes with elastic cords to connect it to itself under the bike, so if out side the wind can't blow if off. I feel it would be a good buy for $39.99 and was a steal for $19.99.

I was wondering if anybody has found an easy to pack cover that will cover my 1400 California Touring with the windshield, lowers, National Cycle hand guards and the 50L trunk. Extreme durability is not as important as ease of packing.

I like the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 cover (http://www.nelsonrigg.com/covers/half-cover-detail.html). I used the XL size Venture, Tour Deluxe & Rocket III. I let it go when the Tour Deluxe sold due to some customizing of the cover for that bike. I plan to get another one for travel on the California. It is very easy to pack in the included carry bag.

I used to sell these things and use them. I forgot all about the Nelson Riggs stuff. Used one for years. Didn't pack very small but durable. Decisions.

I used to sell these things and use them. I forgot all about the Nelson Riggs stuff. Used one for years. Didn't pack very small but durable. Decisions.
The only "disadvantage" that the UV-2000 may have for your use (as described) is that it is a half-cover. The lower half of your bike would still be exposed to the salt air.
The one I had packed to the size of a rolled-up t-shirt.

I am not one to cover my bikes when on a trip. I do not want the added bulk of packing a cover. That being said I wished I had one while spending 3 days in the Outer Banks last year and seeing all the sand and salt on the bike each morning even after having it parked in a car port. I may be heading back this year for 6 days so I was wondering if anybody has found an easy to pack cover that will cover my 1400 California Touring with the windshield, lowers, National Cycle hand guards and the 50L trunk. Extreme durability is not as important as ease of packing. I normally have the bike stored in a heated garage and on trips I figure I ride it in the rain it can sit overnight in the rain.
You might consider a cover from Cycle Gear. I bought one and it completely covers my Calif. Custom with room it appears for the 50L trunk, which by the way I am considering getting. How much will it hold as opposed to the 65L?

I don't know the comparison but for the price difference I am more than happy with 50L. I have a Givi 52L on my PC800 and a 46L on my V-Strom. The Guzzi trunk seems comparable. I don't put my helmet in it as I use a Helmet Guardian to lock the helmets. On the Tour it is a bit low and I have to make sure they don't hit the ground in some cases. I use the HG on my other bikes as well.
As an FYI for those reading this. Since the model 52 on the PC800 was the identical red to my 2007 Norge I tried using it to save buying another trunk. At aboit 80mph you could feel it tossing about the rear of the bike. The Givi rep said to try a V46 due to aerodynamics. It made all the difference as I couldn't tell it was there.

I have had an E-Z touring cover for 20 to 25 years and carry it with me everywhere. It covers the top of the Cal Touring including the windshield, lights and the tour box. Look at this video to get a sense of size: http://dev.eztouring.com/e-z-touring-how-to-video/

I decided on a Nelson Rigg cover from Motorcycle Superstore. It was only $40 and having sold Nelson Rigg before I had good luck with them. It came in a 6" x 6" x 9" box and was not even jammed in it. This immediately made me think it will never be that small again. Turns out it comes with a neat bag and carry assembly that I could get to the original diameter but a couple inches longer but still in the bag. Nice lightweight unit that worked perfect for my purpose.
Nelson-Rigg Deluxe All Season Cover - Color- Navy/Silver, Size- 2X-Large - SKU#18075

Attachments

• IMG_5584.JPG
    IMG_5584.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5587.JPG
    IMG_5587.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 12
  • junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 11
Sounds like a good deal on the cover! I need to get one also, but I think I am going to stick with the Nelson-Rigg half-cover. I used one with my Tour Deluxe and liked it's size and convenience.

Back