• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Electrical problem

Wonder B

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Went today to register at the dealer for the MG recall on my Stelvio.
There I finally got my new oli gauge and cover (which had been on order since last July!!!! Well the cover had been sent two months ago but they -MG- had forgotten the gauge!!!)

Now while I was there I had my Givi top case base set back a couple of centimeters because I couldn't take the passenger seat off to plug in my Accumate..

WHen all of that is done, it's time to hit the road back home!
Well that was the plan!!!

But... key plugged in, next click and then press the red button to fire up the engine... ZILCH!
As the mechanic said, no better place than to have this happen! I skipped the price and time of road assistance.

Well now I just need to wait for the new part to get there and be replaced under warranty... I hope it's not a recurent problem...
THanks to the dealer for lending me a bike (Kawa) to help me get back home... even though I hadn't bought my Stelvio there.

I don't know the exact part that failed because I was in shock that at the moment I was supposed to go, and had to leave my 'precious' (Hhahaha) behind...
I don't think it's the starter button because in fact as you turn the key there's a 2 second check of the electric system or on baord comp and on my bike, it lits up and then shuts off after a second or so... like there's no power...
I'll let you know the part that's being changed as soon as I get the info from the mechanic

Wonder B wrote:
I don't know the exact part that failed because I was in shock that at the moment I was supposed to go, and had to leave my 'precious' (Hhahaha) behind...
I don't think it's the starter button because in fact as you turn the key there's a 2 second check of the electric system or on baord comp and on my bike, it lits up and then shuts off after a second or so... like there's no power...
I'll let you know the part that's being changed as soon as I get the info from the mechanic

my bike shutted of 2-3 times few seconds after i had turned it on. and then shutted down while driving back home and didn't turn on. my mechanic picked it up. he removed one of the two relays - changed battery which had drained of and the problem never occured again.

Been off the forum for a while, Has there been a recall for the Stelvio?

I know about the relay problem had this and destroyed my starter motor... it was the subject of a MOD sometime last year to remove the starter relay as theis sometimes failed to release the starter motor once the engine was running... The relay is in a group of four inside the right hand fairing near the headlight, one of the two closest should be removed leaving the slot blank... If you remove the wrong one the bike will fail to power up ;)

Is there an oil cover and or meter recall or something? I am aware of the Cam recall as I pick my bike up today excited or what...

No oil cover recall.... :angry: I had to pay €64 for the cover and the new gauge to go with it. After ordering those back in July the cover came in early December and the gauge (they had forgotten that it goes with the cover!:silly: ) came in this week...

Now it's waiting for the new part to repair that electrical problem and then I'll have to wait some more for the cam recall... parts have been ordered though!
I was thinking of riding down to Corrèze (near Tulle) this coming Monday but it won't be ready by then.

All the best laid plans often go awray - the weather here in Treignac is superb it was 12 degrees yesterday ;) and we are only 25k from Tulle...

Oh man you make it even harder for me... now I'll be driving around Tulle in my PIcasso! hahahahaha
I'll just have to come back sometime later this year to check those beautiful raods you got in the area!!!

Hi Nomad, my son passed his bike test last week, so a gift from me was to take him to france. He's been as a pilloin but now as a rider. One of my wish see's is the Millau bridge, so i guess we're gonna meet up this year. We can compare rattles on the new cams eh? Gotta see a couple of 600 Honda hornets next week for Jack, Then we'll be booking.
Come on summer................

Nomad, your link is fantastic.... When I come with my bike (the next time) you can be sure I WILL pay and download the wonderful routes you've been compiling. This is priceless info with riding times and stuff, really a nice way not to miss anything without the hassle of going by myself through all the IGN maps... (I went through it all and I love your group riding advice... well put into words and something I had never really thought about, but very useful I am sure)

Just wonderful!!!!

If my wife's schedule permits (we're coming to visit her aunt) and children allow (10 & 3 and relentless!) I'll give you a call!

Well it was the 'Ignition key block' (sorry don't know how to translate this!) which was faulty and they replaced it under warranty. So I got two new keys together with my bike today...
That together with the Guzzi Recall and the bill was for more than €600 in parts plus 7 hours of work done on the bike, a very nice sum if I had to pay it all... but looking at the whole bill and reading €0 in the 'TOTAL to pay' window at the bottom puts a smile on your face no matter what may happen later on...
Good job from my dealer and thanks to them for lending me that Kawasaki during the whole thang even though I hated that bike! hahahaha As soon as I rode out of the dealership I was extatic to be back on my Stelvio. I just love it!

Now I'm not supposed to be back in there before it reaches 10 000 km... we'll see...:)

Ignition key block probably translates to "immobiliser". There is a chip in the key, and a induction loop on the switch which reads the chip. The loop was probably faulty.

Back