• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What warranty work have you needed?

Dropinparts

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm starting this thread so that all of us can keep an eye on the items that get listed for warranty repairs for our California 1400's.
I have oil coming out of my rear wheel where the driveshaft transitions into it. A seal has apparently started to seep. Going to the dealer next week. I'll post the results after I get it back.
VIN# ZGULVCO12EM111266

Last edited:
Rear drive replaced under warranty at 5,000km because of oil leaking onto the wheel rim. P1070094

Do you guys mind posting your VIN #'s on each of your posts, or be sure I have them in the Registry... this the best way to see if there was a bad run/batch.

A little over 9,500 miles on mine and as far as I know, purchasing it used with 500 miles on it, there have been 2 warranty claims. My front brake rotors warped, both over 0.010", and my 50l accessory touring trunk latch failed. FYI, acessories only carry a 6 month warranty. Trunk failed at about 4 months. I reported about 3 weeks late in October but they decided to cover it. Of course I am still waiting for the replacement unit to arrive as it took over 3 months to get the ok and so far almost another 3 months for the new trunk.

When I got the delivery of my 1400 Touring the rear brake cable bracket was not installed properly at the factory, so I had no rear brakes at all. It has also damaged the speed sensor cable. Waiting for parts. Luckily the bike is functional.

That's EXACTLY what mine is doing!
Got a call from the dealer today. Guzzi authorized them to replace the entire differential. There was a service bulletin regarding this issue. The service department told me Guzzi had slightly redesigned this assembly to remedy the problem.
It'll take a couple of days to get the parts. I should get it back next week.
FYI... 1,500 miles on the bike.

A little over 9,500 miles on mine and as far as I know, purchasing it used with 500 miles on it, there have been 2 warranty claims. My front brake rotors warped, both over 0.010", and my 50l accessory touring trunk latch failed. FYI, acessories only carry a 6 month warranty. Trunk failed at about 4 months. I reported about 3 weeks late in October but they decided to cover it. Of course I am still waiting for the replacement unit to arrive as it took over 3 months to get the ok and so far almost another 3 months for the new trunk.
I just got a call from AF1 saying that my 50L box is in. I ordered it about 9 months ago. Two came in since then, but with cracks and were returned to MG. I was told that this delay is due to the shipment to the US of a container of the white boxes painted with the wrong color formulation. They have been trying to play catch up since. AF1 was generous enough to loan me one of the off color boxes to use until mine came in.

I trailered my C14 Custom to the dealer on April 15th because the right rear brake light stopped working and the left was on permanently. Rear turn signals didn’t work and the dash displayed “SERVICE”. Dealer was extremely busy but got a tech on it immediately. I hung around for a couple of hours hoping it was a simple fix. No such luck. Turns out the Rt. rear LED light module was bad and so was the ECU! Not sure if the LED module took out the ECU or the other way around. Left it with the dealer while they ordered parts.

Took almost two weeks for the new ECU and both left and right LED modules to arrive! As soon as they had all the parts, the dealer got the bike put back together, programmed, and tested within a couple of hours. Admittedly, this was the first C14 that they had worked on (other than an oil change of their demo unit) and they did a great job! Picked the bike up yesterday. Other than the long wait for parts, I’m very happy with the service. Thank you Fox Powersports in Grand Rapids!

Glad this was covered under the warranty! Hope this is an isolated issue and nothing else goes bad.

Anyone else had a bad ECU or lights?

2014 Cali 1400 Touring VIN: ZGULVCO02EM112022 5800 miles.
Nothing so far.

One sort of issue...The fuel gauge reads oddly. All of the bars stay lit until about 70 miles have been ridden. Then I loose one additional bar about every 20 or so miles until the light comes on at about 150 miles. I stop for fuel and put in about 3.5 - 3.75 US gallons...?? Seems odd to me but it is consistent and seems no more inaccurate than any others...I think I will call this one a quirk, not a warranty issue.

The fuel gauge sounds normal. The low fuel warning light comes on when there is 1 bar left on the fuel gauge. The counter then records how many miles the light has been on for. On my bike, I ran it dry at about +50 miles. (had spare fuel, testing range).

Stephen

Sounds normal to me as well, i hate looking down at the fuel light and knowing I have many more miles before needing fuel.

The fuel gauge sounds normal. The low fuel warning light comes on when there is 1 bar left on the fuel gauge. The counter then records how many miles the light has been on for. On my bike, I ran it dry at about +50 miles. (had spare fuel, testing range).

Stephen
What was the range? You got 50 on reserve while it counted miles? I have gone over 40 but never ran it out.

What was the range? You got 50 on reserve while it counted miles? I have gone over 40 but never ran it out.

The range is around 300km, or almost 190miles. I refuel around 250km, about 155miles.
I am usually two up with gear.

Stephen

Rear drive replaced under warranty at 5,000km because of oil leaking onto the wheel rim.View attachment 8280

Well...looks like I'm #3 of the leaky diff club. Calling the dealer Monday. Came back from about 235 miles today and noticed oil all over the rear wheel like others posted here. About 6200 miles total.
2014 Cali 14000 VIN# ZGULVC002EM112022

If anyone has the Service Bulletin number from Guzzi on this issue, I would appreciate a heads up!
Thanks!

2014 cali custom vin # ZGULVC011EM111260 had oil pressure sensor replaced and cracked h-pipe , have 5000 miles on bike

I have had well over 60 bikes and for some dumb reason I let a friend talk me into buying a california which I think was the worst mistake I have ever made in the motorcycle world. With 200 miles and a front crank shaft seal leak I decided this was not for me being that with all the new bikes That I have owned not a one ever went to the shop for warranty work traded bike back to the dealer.
Phil

The range is around 300km, or almost 190miles. I refuel around 250km, about 155miles.
I am usually two up with gear.

2013 Cali Custom - 26,000 kms and no warranty claims, fuel light comes on at 300kms plus, normally refuel around 330's km and yes usually two up with gear.

As to mods,
Ago cans fitted at purchase (OEM cans never used, sitting wrapped up in the garage)
Front indicators removed and mirrors changed to Barracuda street indicator's
Hepco Becker c-bow bags (Buffalo 30lt), plus rack (when touring)
Guzzi fly screen
Touring saddle

Regards

Tuono

Back