• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V7R Arrived

Bob Ponticelli

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Took delivery of my new 2014 V7R this past Saturday. Have been on an old CB400F for the past year and had a V11 Sport for 8 years before. I live and work in downtown Tampa and the V11 was simply too large and never got it out of 2nd gear and was simply too large and heavy for jumping around town.
I will say the fit and finish of this new V7 is far superior to my form V11. I had a 2-seat added so my wife can hop on as well. Have not been on a long ride but in a lot of ways felt very familiar to my V11 except for the weight and the rider position feels a bit more upright.

A few shots.

GuzziV7 GuzziV7 a GuzziV7 c GuzziV7 d

Nice one Bob, congrats again! Doesn't hurt it will live next to a Gallardo!

Congrats!

The thing I found crazy about the racer is how pics really don't even do it justice. The first time I saw one on the showroom floor I was kinda blown away. Cheers and happy riding!

Congratulations on your new ride.
I hope to have my new '15 Stone home from the shop soon.

Thanks all. Was planning on getting a stone or a special because I really wanted the 2-up seat and not sure for how much and long I tide that features like better shocks would really matter to me. When I started looking (Moto International and a few others on-line.......had only seen a V7C in person some years back) the V7R was discounted much more heavily than the Special or Stone although the Racer was a year older model.
Jenny - yes, in contrast to my V11 sport (which I really loved) the "fit and finish" of this bike does look better in person and light years ahead of my old 2000 sport. Love the weight around too as I am 5'10" and 160 lbs soaking wet. :>.
Question - what is with the numbers? Anyone make or do anything to cover up that "7" on the front windscreen? Any off-the-shelf replacement decal or even a "blank"? Such a nice little bike and not really sure what they were thinking with the numbers.

Check out the Dart Flyscreen thread. I agree the front facing '7' is just a bit too much for me. I put a black dart on mine. Kept the cowling though.

Bob, how is life living with the new V7R mate..?? Hope you are enjoying it as much I am mine. Only mods so far that I have made is changing those heavy silencers ( mufflers? ) although beautifully chromed for a set of Arrow exhausts- certainly a lot lighter. Also changed the mirrors for better rear view vision ( no elbows ) for a pair of Halcyon bar ends imported from the U.K. Had to have the end of the bars drilled out though to fit them. Last week I just fitted the Stucci engine guards, the type that wrap around the heads- they also offer more clearance than the others bars that you can buy.
Happy riding and BTW, I post most of my pics on Instagram under ukguyinlv as I am not a FB person..

Bob, how is life living with the new V7R mate..?? Hope you are enjoying it as much I am mine. Only mods so far that I have made is changing those heavy silencers ( mufflers? ) although beautifully chromed for a set of Arrow exhausts- certainly a lot lighter. Also changed the mirrors for better rear view vision ( no elbows ) for a pair of Halcyon bar ends imported from the U.K. Had to have the end of the bars drilled out though to fit them. Last week I just fitted the Stucci engine guards, the type that wrap around the heads- they also offer more clearance than the others bars that you can buy.
Happy riding and BTW, I post most of my pics on Instagram under ukguyinlv as I am not a FB person..
Hey Alan - Nice mods you have done. This is as perfect a bike as I have owned. I have mentioned in other posts that I admittedly do not have an opportunity to ride nearly as much as I would like. Too many distractions, tandem cycling, tennis, golf, road races (5K's) and only 2-days off a week but hopefully once not working :cool:. Compounding my struggles is I work under 1-mile from where I live downtown. But anyway, I love this bike and the 100 miles I have on her. Coming off a V11 sport I appreciate the weight difference and I can't say I notice a drop of 40 hp either.
Couple questions and thoughts on mods.
1. What is with all the folks getting crash bars or sliders. Is this due to the head's not having the head protectors like the V11's etc? I am concerned I will have a garage mishap and evaluating between bars and or sliders but am surprised in the number of folks adding these. How easy was putting the Stucchi's on? Did you consider sliders for a less bulky look or do you prefer the old-school look? From your Instagram they do look nice on your bike and similar to an old V7 sport.
2. Nice upgrade on the exhaust. I like Todd's 2 into 1 exhaust. This will probably be what I would most like to invest in. I had a set of Mistrals added to my V11 and like you state the weight savings is quite nice.
3. I was all-set to add a set of CRG's as I had these on my V11. However, I am surprised that the visibility is much better than I expected it would be and I am not seeing vibration issues. So dragging my feet on these for the moment.
4. From my pic's I obviously put the 1-up seat in storage while my wife enjoys rides to the tennis club on the back.

Can you get alloy head protectors? Not seen any in UK for these models - only the earlier ones.
AndyB

Can you get alloy head protectors? Not seen any in UK for these models - only the earlier ones.
AndyB

Hi Andy - from what I have read it seems not for the new style motors. I am trying to decide between sliders or a set of Stucchi's like Alan - TONUPMAN55 did on his bike.

Last edited:
Not for the '13+ motors, should I make/offer some? The crash bars are most ideal, though I can understand why some don't like them. I do have the sliders online >HERE<

Not for the '13+ motors, should I make/offer some? The crash bars are most ideal, though I can understand why some don't like them. I do have the sliders online >HERE<
Hi Todd, I saw these sliders and I like them due to their minimalist appeal. . Just not sure what to do. I am surprised in so many opting for something. Maybe we never worried when the V11's had those stock head protectors.
Would like to know what others think?
My personal concern is a simple garage-drop and protecting it for when I do something really stupid. My thoughts are if I drop with any speed I probably have more to worry about. Like the idea of head-guards as they would probably be the less noticeable but also the least effective? How many folks would need to sign up to make a head-guard design economic for us and still profitable for you?

Regards,

Your logic is solid. It pays to have something on the '13+ bikes, as they tend to munch the valve cover (@$90 per side to replace, now less then half that for some reason), but the worse of it is that it also damages the cylinder too. I've heard of an 1100 that had a mild tip-over, and it caused the head studs to bend, eating the cylinders and pistons in the process. So... my logic these days is to use the crash bars. Simple and effective.
All said, I'd say I'd need about 10 sets to make it worthwhile. Happy to do some with enough interest.

Hey Alan - Nice mods you have done. This is as perfect a bike as I have owned. I have mentioned in other posts that I admittedly do not have an opportunity to ride nearly as much as I would like. Too many distractions, tandem cycling, tennis, golf, road races (5K's) and only 2-days off a week but hopefully once not working :cool:. Compounding my struggles is I work under 1-mile from where I live downtown. But anyway, I love this bike and the 100 miles I have on her. Coming off a V11 sport I appreciate the weight difference and I can't say I notice a drop of 40 hp either.
Couple questions and thoughts on mods.
1. What is with all the folks getting crash bars or sliders. Is this due to the head's not having the head protectors like the V11's etc? I am concerned I will have a garage mishap and evaluating between bars and or sliders but am surprised in the number of folks adding these. How easy was putting the Stucchi's on? Did you consider sliders for a less bulky look or do you prefer the old-school look? From your Instagram they do look nice on your bike and similar to an old V7 sport.
2. Nice upgrade on the exhaust. I like Todd's 2 into 1 exhaust. This will probably be what I would most like to invest in. I had a set of Mistrals added to my V11 and like you state the weight savings is quite nice.
3. I was all-set to add a set of CRG's as I had these on my V11. However, I am surprised that the visibility is much better than I expected it would be and I am not seeing vibration issues. So dragging my feet on these for the moment.
4. From my pic's I obviously put the 1-up seat in storage while my wife enjoys rides to the tennis club on the back.

Hello there Bob!
Please forgive me for not replying back sooner mate ! I too am continually on the go and seem to do more work around the home than when I actually go to my place of work !! As you've probably already worked out sliders are not a option for our bikes. The Stucchi crash bars that I installed were quite a simple fit, although I am somewhat concerned now reading some of the other posts regarding over vibration and the frame cracking / splitting.. The overall look of the guards look o.k. but I must admit I thought the chrome would be of a much higher quality chrome. I say this because I ordered chrome but they are what friends tell me " black chrome", a lightly mottled black mixed with the chrome which is not of a brilliant nature. However overall I am still quite happy and feel a little more at ease having them on. Compared to my friends '70's V7 Sport the space inbetween his heads and the crashbars is very very minimal, maybe a quarter of a inch or less. Whereas on mine the gap between the heads is about a half inch or maybe more. Whilst riding I've felt down to see if there is any noticeable vibration, but all seems normal to me and not at all excessive.
Regarding the pipes, if I had to do it again I'd go for maybe some that have removable Db killers as the Arrows that I purchased do not have them. Also it seems now there are more out there on the market that sound better and are nicely chromed.
Hoping you're finding the time to ride a little more ( I too can only get my leg over on the weekends ! )

All the best, Alan

Back