• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Aux Light Switch Not Working - Just Installed Lights - See Pics - Why Is It Never Easy !

bmacneil2008

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have had my 10w aux lights wired to the fog lights, the small bulbs next to the headlight, and all perfect. Did not see the aux light switch on the right controls and also saw the connectors on the left and right under the cowling.
Probably dumb as I look.
Anyway, though a forum member I ordered the matching female connectors and wired all up but nada, zero, zilch.
Started the bike thinking that may be the issue, still nothing. Any thoughts?
So, now thinking would be easiest to plug back in to the fog lights and wondering if anyone knows where I can get the same connectors as I do not see available to order on Harpers. I can make a three way (no giggling) harness.
I found SS sleeve and taped the ends and then shrink wrapped. Looks great but total poser lights at the moment :)
Thanks.
15492956704_8e298a4120_c.jpg

17203690501_571cce5ab4_b.jpg

17016530828_679ebb24e5_b.jpg

17204448625_ceb18795c7_b.jpg

Unless your bike came with the stock aux lights (and sounds like it didn't), it would not have come with the relay. You will need to pickup the aux lights relay. There should be a spot for it with all the other relays and already wired up. Just need to pop the new relay in. My 2012 came with aux lights so was a none issue. My buddies did not (2010) and he had to add the relay. And just and FYI, as you already tired, the bike does need to be running for the aux lights to work.

Great, thanks. Same reply from others. I took the fairing off once and really do not want to do again. Can be done w/o removing and I assume order the relay from the dealer? You gotta love this forum :)

Dealer would be your easiest choice. There are some aftermarket 4 pin relays that fit but your dealer should have it in stock (should!!!).
Not sure if it can be done without removing the fairing. I have a 2012 and the setup is different.

did you find a place to get the female connectors?
would like to get some myself ,oh and once the relay is fitted when you turn on the foglight switch you should see an icon on the display unit beside the fuel gauge.

Unless your bike came with the stock aux lights (and sounds like it didn't), it would not have come with the relay. You will need to pickup the aux lights relay. There should be a spot for it with all the other relays and already wired up. Just need to pop the new relay in. My 2012 came with aux lights so was a none issue. My buddies did not (2010) and he had to add the relay. And just and FYI, as you already tired, the bike does need to be running for the aux lights to work.

My 09 needed the relay and needs to be running. I wired into the existing circuit provided...

Back