• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal1400 7 months in..

I'm sorry, yes AF1 fixed in New bruanfels, fix fix the issue the same day. It was a the same issue you had. The part was in stock. There service department is the best I have ever dealt with.

It was the hose that you originally thought was the problem on yours. Come to think about it, I don't think they replaced it but rather made sure it was on there right.

Ok leak has been found it turned out to be the timing system cover gasket or the gasket ring seal taking it in for repair in a couple weeks. The schematic sheet was a lot of help

Wow most everyone's on the same page on most issues - at 3,000 mi om my Custom my feed back is.
- I installed the barn door touring windscreen and lowers and it's an improvement but I still get buffeting above 70 coming from under the windscreen and over the tank and cylinders. May try the Givi.
- I had a racing throttle with clutch in and in neutral a few times at altatude (8,000 ft). Just gut a ECU reflash that I hope corrects this. Otherwise no fueling issues
- ditto on instrument cluster improvements: anti glare glas and bigger gear indicator
- I came from 6 BMWs, all lighter. I wish it weighed 600 instead of 700 lbs.
- Great breaks
- Clunky gear box. Finding neutral from a stop is a hunt and peck operation. An occasional false nutral.
- I don't like the stock Doglaps. Can't wait to replace them which won't be much longer.
- I replaced the stock handlebars with the Touring and like them much better - no more pain between my shoulder blades.
- Wonderful motor, torque everywhere!
- Handlings is ok. It gets overwhelmed in bumpy corners which is all of Arizona as the State steals all they hwy funds to pay for prisons. Need to tweak the suspension.
- for such a big bike I can't understand why they couldn't find room under the seat for a storage compartment
- and the tool kit is a joke.
- it's a bargin!
A couple of months ago, I was riding with a friend (doing security for a long bicycle group ride) and I had the racing throttle too, but at near sea level. It happened doing stop and go putting around in town, stop sign to stop sign. It was the only time--never before or since. It was also hard to start once after stopping to admire the view after a 10 mile (or so) climb.

Does anyone know why MG put a dashboard on a motorcycle that requires a warning label telling you not to park the bike in the sun for fear of damaging the gauge? It's a MOTORCYCLE and will be in the sun anytime it is in use!

Little Don, I've often wondered that too! Was wondering if I should put a little hat on it whenever it's out in the sun??!! lol

When I bought my Tour this sticker was gone so I did not know of this. My question is do the Customs have this warning? I know on some Hondas with optional windshields they warned of this because the sun would hit the shield like a magnifying glass and melt the dash.

When I bought my Tour this sticker was gone so I did not know of this. My question is do the Customs have this warning? I know on some Hondas with optional windshields they warned of this because the sun would hit the shield like a magnifying glass and melt the dash.
Abbie, I don't know. I'll check with my dealer, but I don't think they have a Custom on the floor right now. Maybe they'll call the guy that bought the Custom the day after I bought my Cali.

I also would have the heated seat if they made it. As for you liking the suspension remember the Custom has the better shocks with remote reservoirs.
Funny, when I ride mine in temperatures over 85 degrees, it sometimes feels as if the front of the seat is on fire!

Wow then you surely don't want to ride a harley. This for me is one of the coolest bikes I have ever rode for heat issues.

Wow then you surely don't want to ride a harley. This for me is one of the coolest bikes I have ever rode for heat issues.
Phil, at my age I am temperature sensitive. I have a Triumph America and, on a cold day, I hug the motor to steal the heat. Same thing on the Guzzi, but with more reward.

The Custom plus all Touring equipment was about the same as simply buying a Touring. And I installed everything myself. Had I paid dealer labor rates, I would have spent a lot more.

So why bother? I prefer the Custom’s remote reservoir shocks and mercury gray paint. I also prefer the Custom’s lower handle bars. (Actually, I installed accessory black chrome bars – same bend as Touring bars – and discovered that I was more comfortable with Custom bars. Sold the black chrome bars on eBay.)

If you’re thinking about doing this conversion, here are a couple of things to know:

It is widely believed, but NOT true, that the Custom’s remote reservoirs interfere with installation of factory saddlebags (panniers);

Another myth is that installing Touring bars requires new clutch, brake and throttle lines. Clutch and brake are no problem and the throttle cable can be rerouted above the triple clamp;

The saddlebags and top case are available in mercury gray, but that color code (last digit of the part number being 3) sometimes temporarily disappears from the dealer ordering system; and,

Factory installation instructions don’t tell you certain things that you will encounter. For example, the factory windscreen comes with a bottom bracket that is not needed if you also install factory driving lights. Similarly, a couple of the saddlebag brackets are replaced by other brackets that come with the saddlebag guards. If you want the rear luggage rack, install it first (before the saddlebags) or you’ll have to remove part of what you just installed.

I can post specific installation tips if you decide to proceed.

Back