• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Low RPM hesitation Issue.

Zaces

Just got it firing!
On my V7 Classic I am facing an issue in stop and go traffic. When traveling at low speeds and going from 0% throttle to 10% throttle I am getting a large amount of hesitation, low power, and a clunk on initial roll on.

Are there any known issues like this or things to check? I attempted a throttle balance not to long ago but did not have any effect on the issue. The issue makes it very hard to drive in bumper to bumper traffic because I have to be at 0% or like 25%. I can't use just a bit of power because it won't respond to those throttle positions. The end result is me running in way too low of a gear and being over revved.

All good advice above... it's a V7 Classic, '09? If so, a solid service is paramount, and this likely includes pulling and cleaning the throttle bodies. Also, as noted above, the TPS reset is also critical as part of the service. That all said, low speed fueling is pretty terrible on the '09-12's, and can be fixed via a performance ECU re-flash (found on the store >HERE<)... however, it will not fix an out of tune/serviced bike.
Hope that helps. Other questions on the re-flash, write me direct email' Todd at GuzziTech.com

It sounds like to me that a TPS reset can only be done through a purchased tool. For me this would be out of budget and I would have to plan for an ECU flash. I was hoping to avoid this because my 2009 is still on the original tires and they could use to be replaced and I am in the middle of rebuilding my truck motor so I guess I will have to live with this or just not ride the bike if there is no low cost fix.
I am not aware of any moto guzzi dealers in the DC area to do the reset on my behalf which would probably cost 50% of the reflash anyways.

Even if you have the reflash, you must reset the TPS on the install. Your dealer or someone in the area will have the required software to reset the TPS. Remember, each time the TB are synchronized, the TPS must be reset.

"I am not aware of any moto guzzi dealers in the DC area to do the reset on my behalf which would probably cost 50% of the reflash anyways."
Vespa of Arlington should be able to help with a TPS reset. They are just about to open a new shop that includes Moto Guzzi dealership. Since they are already Vespa dealers, I think they would have the necessary software. Otherwise the nearest dealer would be Speeds in Baltimore.

Vespa of Arlington should be able to help with a TPS reset. They are just about to open a new shop that includes Moto Guzzi dealership. Since they are already Vespa dealers, I think they would have the necessary software. Otherwise the nearest dealer would be Speeds in Baltimore.
Yes, any Vespa/Guzzi/Aprilia dealer would have PADS to do a reset. Speeds is no longer a dealer, so they would've likely lost the ability as the software (PADS) is tied to the Piaggio big brother network.

I will give them a call and request a quote. I am pretty skidish about seeking help from any dealers. Services in DC/Nova are pretty overpriced. For example the last time I called one they wanted 120+$ to change oil in a 15+ year old car.

If you are open to modifications, they I suggest an oxygen sensor mod like FatDuc, Memjet, etc. They richen the fueling at low to mid rpms, which are too lean from the factory to comply with emissions. These unit are inexpensive, and can be something to try before going to more expensive routes. I made a DIY version for next to nothing, although it took some time.

First, make sure the bike is in basic tune with itself:
Valve lash OK, plugs & wires OK, Fresh (not winter leftover) Fuel. Throttle Position Sensor OK.

Forget the O2 spoofer (e.g., Fat Duc etc) and all the high dollar Power Commander witchcraft. Both were on my 2004 Breva 750 when I got it used - The bike was a bucking, spitting, farting water buffalo that barely got 40 mpg.

Sure, the Previous Owner had it all messed up and I didn't want to waste a riding season futzing with wire connectors and computers. So, I ripped it all out and got a Reflash from GT-Rx

It's the only thing that actually fixes bad (i.e., EPA mandated) fueling. Todd turned my nasty boy into a civilized motorcycle that I love love love. Perfect fueling now. Starts easy. Runs @ 2,000 rpm in 1st gear (parade pace at just off idle speed) with no bucking. Does an easy 102 mph (GPS). Popping on decel is gone. Mpg is mid 50s. What's not to like?

Repeat: Get a Reflash from GT-Rx

And a note to all of youse out there who think that paying $700 for a FD/PC will miraculously bestow 25 more horsepower to your 750cc, 2-valve push rod wonder: Ain't gonna happen. 45 hp and flawless fueling is as a good as this ride gets - and that's mighty dammed good, friend.

'Geezer

Back