• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Crashed my Stelvio

basaltine

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hello Everyone. Sadly, three weeks ago I crashed my 2009 Stelvio. I got lucky and lived to tell the story. My leg got pretty beat up, so I will be horizontal for awhile. I have always rolled the dice on insurance and only had liability coverage. The front forks and wheel came off the bike, plus lots of other minor(?) damage. Any thoughts how to dispose of this bike? It would be great to recoup some money to help with medical bills. Thanks! Chris

ATT 1429399057907 image

:eek:
Crashing sucks, but being here and able to chat about is a good day. The bikes pretty much a mess, but once you are up and about, perhaps just take apart everything and clean them up, and post any of the undamaged parts in the Auction section on the above tab. Do I have your info in the Registry >HERE<? - if not, love to have it and identify it as R.I.P. Glad to have you around to chat about it, and perhaps land on a new one down the road.

I lost my beloved '09 last July. Front forks only. Luckily nowhere near as badly as yours. Ouch! I'm impressed your pinch bolts survived. Went right out and got an '08 with fewer miles.

Thanks for the responses and well wishes. Broken bones in my foot and ankle area are healing. Had a small surgery on Tuesday to drain fluid from around my knee. I attached a photo for those who enjoy that kind of thing 20150426 164312 20150426 164312

For now I think I am going to sit back and think about which direction to go - part it out or fix it up. It will be quite awhile before I can even get the bike out of the truck to examine it closely. Thanks for your inquiry.

Chris, I crashed 3 years ago my 10 year old BMW K1200RS. Also broken bones and the bike was a total mess. My too much emotional reaction was to get rid of the bike immediately. I also had a bad Insurance. Afterwards I regretted not taking the bike apart and sell the Parts on the internet. I Would have made a lot of money compared to the amount I got from the scrap yeard. So my advice is to relax and get healed and take it apart whenever you are able to.

Yes, I will clean it up and sell the parts. Got it out of the truck yesterday. Looks like there is a kink in the frame. Attached are some photos.

Attachments

• 20150506_135932.jpg
    20150506_135932.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 20150506_164106.jpg
    20150506_164106.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 20150506_164241.jpg
    20150506_164241.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150506_135845.jpg
    20150506_135845.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 129
Looks like I didn't do very well uploading the photos. Oh, you get the picture ;)

Retail on the CARC is $2265.10. That piece alone could bring you a good piece of change from someone that needs one. Of course you won't get retail, but 50 to 65% for a good used part is possible. Search enough and there will be more good parts for someone. It will just take time to move them.

Back