• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NEw 2015 Griso - Got to get more back in the seat

Mark from NH

Just got it firing!
I have read some varying posts about risers etc. I need some straight-ahead advice about getting to a more upright riding position.

Given how little play there appears to be in handlebar cabling, what is the most sweep back I can expect to get on the Griso with a different set of bars (without re-cabling..)? And, what might those bars be?

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, love, love the bike.

Congrats on the Griso, hope you'll add your info to the Registry. I have personally installed the Tour bars; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/lsl-handlebars-tourbars/ - these along with the 1" lower pegs; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-cnc-pegs/ - gives a pretty standard riding position.

Thanks so much for your reply Todd.
Were those parts put on a Griso?
Can you tell me roughly how much more sweep back the bars gave you?

My MG dealer here suggested that some put on the "Aprilia Mana bars" to get about 1.5 in. more back. Id like to get more than that but realize there is not much play in the wires and clutch etc..

...My MG dealer here suggested some put on the "Aprilia Mana bars" to get about 1.5 in. more back. Id like to get more than that but realize there is not much play in the wires and clutch etc..
I put Mana bars on my Griso. The cables were not tight, but probably could not go back much more.

Combined with 1" lower footpegs, the riding position is fairly upright and vastly more comfortable than stock (my opinion).

You will of course have the wind pushing you back more; I added a Givi A770 bikini fairing that pushed the wind to the top of my helmet (I'm 5' 7").

With these mods, I've done 600 mile days in complete comfort.

My Griso is my "couch" bike. It has slightly narrower bars (the stock bars had an odd angle to them), everything else is stock.
The Aprilia Mana bars are a common option.

I put Mana bars on my Griso. The cables were not tight, but probably could not go back much more.

Combined with 1" lower footpegs, the riding position is fairly upright and vastly more comfortable than stock (my opinion).

You will of course have the wind pushing you back more; I added a Givi A770 bikini fairing that pushed the wind to the top of my helmet (I'm 5' 7").

With these mods, I've done 600 mile days in complete comfort.

It is good to know that there is hope.

I also wanted the coveted Givi fairing but since they apparently stopped making them I could find them nowhere. I have opted for a Parabellum Scout, which seems a pretty good fit for the lines. I will take your suggestion for the pegs, add the Mana bars, and see where I'm at.

Although it is an expensive alternative, if things don't work out, I may trade in the Griso on a California. The Cali is a beauty, will be comfortable for sure, and I have heard they are pretty good performing bikes as well. Just would like to avoid spending that much if humanly possible.

Incidentally, have you ever heard of anyone re-cabling clutch and breaks on a Griso to go for a 'much' longer handlebar/riser set up?

Also, my other complaint about Griso, is the pathetically short cruising range (unless you ride at scooter speeds..). I've heard this can be somewhat addressed by getting a Power Commander/Custom mapping done to improve mileage. Ever try this or heard of any success stories there?

Thanks for all your posts!

My Griso is my "couch" bike. It has slightly narrower bars (the stock bars had an odd angle to them), everything else is stock.
The Aprilia Mana bars are a common option.

Wow. I would not describe it as a couch bike myself, but I guess everything is relative.
I think when I was a bit younger I would have had fewer objections to the riding position, but now my legs/hips need more room to stretch, and my ass needs more room to maneuver.

Yeah, everything is relative.
I am no spring chicken, and I have my share of old man issues, but I have no issues with the stock layout. I do find that I am better off if I stretch before I ride for longer rides....

I have the Rizoma bars, shortened 2cm each side, Todd's 1 inch lowered pegs and the Corbin seat for the Griso. Now 1300km from my home to Italy in one day is no problem, biggest improvement was the seat, after a couple of hours on the stock one my butt hurt like hell.
But not all butt's are the same, this is just my experience...

I just picked up my Griso and right away I want the bars about an inch closer. Bar risers would be so much easier , has anyone used the Rox ?

I just picked up my Griso and right away I want the bars about an inch closer. Bar risers would be so much easier , has anyone used the Rox ?

I can't comment on 1' risers. I installed the 2" Rox and installed longer Spiegler brake lines. The increased comfort is noticeable to me. If you re-route the stock lines, you may be able to get away with 1" back.

I have read some varying posts about risers etc. I need some straight-ahead advice about getting to a more upright riding position.

Given how little play there appears to be in handlebar cabling, what is the most sweep back I can expect to get on the Griso with a different set of bars (without re-cabling..)? And, what might those bars be?

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, love, love the bike.

Hi Mark
I'm in the UK and just bought myself a nice shiny 1200 Griso. Like you I'd like to alter the riding position. I'm 5' 7" so apart from wrist ache I find the riding position a bit ball breaking! Wondered if you managed to fit new bars in the end and if so can you tell me if it worked for you and which bars you used? Some suggest Mana bars but these differ in dimensions according to the year so I'm told. I want to avoid re-cabling and want to use the original bar end weights. Any advice you can give would be great fully appreciated as it's a cracking bike but the current riding position just takes the edge off the fun factor for me. Many thanks in advance!

Hi Mark
I'm in the UK and just bought myself a nice shiny 1200 Griso. Like you I'd like to alter the riding position. I'm 5' 7" so apart from wrist ache I find the riding position a bit ball breaking! Wondered if you managed to fit new bars in the end and if so can you tell me if it worked for you and which bars you used? Some suggest Mana bars but these differ in dimensions according to the year so I'm told. I want to avoid re-cabling and want to use the original bar end weights. Any advice you can give would be great fully appreciated as it's a cracking bike but the current riding position just takes the edge off the fun factor for me. Many thanks in advance!
Sadly, i could not find a reasonable way to modify my Griso economically. Great bike in all respects except comfort. Traded it in for a new California which i love!

pull back bars,.... taller risers, ..... seriously?
Get a set of clip ons and relive the excitement of riding your Griso.
Better still, get a Guzzi cruiser and keep the Griso the way it was intended,.... evil. (I have a Doctor Jackal and Mr Hyde (Bellagio Cafe racer.)
20150907_133725_zpsnlyw7sdl.jpg

P1020126_zpsrf4ngrhi.jpg

Bob. 54 years old next month and and getting younger.

Very nice indeed. Trouble is with the Griso riding position is that after 30 minutes of riding I feel like Mr Hyde!
That is funny. For me, out of all my bikes, the Griso is the couch. It is easily the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. Al lI have changed on it is the bars. I went for a set of bars that are almost the same but don't have the odd angle the stockers do.

Beautiful jackal! I have I black 2001 Jackal, definitely not as nice as yours. It gives me inspiration, your fork legs polished up really nice!

Back