• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GPR power tuner

samann

Just got it firing!
Has anyone had any experience with the GPR version of the fuel tuning Power Commander type ecu piggy back?
I have a 2007 Griso that I put a slip-on pipe on and gotta believe she's running lean...What are the best options? Has anyone done much tuning with these models? I would assume that primarily all of the (straight through baffles) slip-ons are going to flow very similar with the stock head pipes.
Thank you,
Scott

No need to guess... only area that runs lean is the closed-loop/lambda sensor (low-speed throttling), and no current electronic piggyback system yet will help this. The area(s) outside of this range are actually too rich, even with a slip-on muffler. There are a few guys that have made a PCIIIusb work in the open loop area, but this doesn't help where it needs it the most.

Watch here for Power Commander 5 (PC-V) info here this month.

I have not seen the GPR version of a Power Commander. Is it their own device or a rebadged Power Commander?
As of last I heard, there is no Power Commander that properly works with the ECU on the new Guzzi's. I have seen/heard of people selling versions of the last power commander as suitable for the new Guzzi's, but they do not offer compatability with the O2 sensor from what I understand, and so any changes they make to the fueling the O2 sensor will undo. Maybe if you change it far enough it will not be able to correct it back to stock. But that is not a very good way to go. There is a reason why Dynojet, the makers of the Power Commander don't list the new Guzzi's in their application guide and it is not because they don't know what a Guzzi is. RacerX works with them to develop PC's for Guzz'is and he says the new PCV is coming and will work with the new Guzzi ECU.

If the bike is running rich, what about air box mods? Open up the top, high flow filter?

The problem is it runs rich at WFO (open loop, no O2 sensor) and lean at lighter loads/throttle openings (closed loop, O2 sensor).
You can't lean it out in one area and richen it up in the other without help.

Samann ,

Around 2 years ago i read a blurb from a seller of this GPR Power tuner that comes with plug n play style hook up. The english was poor at the time so i was left wondering if they left out the part about any possible 02 sensor bypass being included with the deal . Saying , you might should contact them to ask more questiions about if they do/do not include an 02 bypass module .

Dimsport/RapidBike has Lamda Probe Eliminators available for the 2 valve Griso . If the GPR unit comes with one thats a plus for simple and limited tuning needs of stock engines.

http://web.dimsport.com/rapidbike/accessori.php

My needs will differ from those of a stock engine and require full re-mapping so i have not checked into the GPR device any further but many might benefit from what you learn from contacting them and sharing what you learn .

Good luck and keep us informed .

Hej Todd-
What did you find out about the Millepercentos solution, that are they doing to theres modificated ECU, type EVO2?

I will try to find out about it from my friend Claudio (of LongWalk.it), who worked there this Summer.

alfaguzzi wrote:
What did you find out about the Millepercentos solution, that are they doing to theres modificated ECU, type EVO2?
I was able to communicate with the engineer they use (that used to work for Magnetti Marelli), who is able to re-flash the 5AM. He wanted me to send him some fuel to develop new maps for the U.S. market. Not the direction I want to go in. I was also not able to gather if they do anything with the closed-loop A/F ratio/target.
I am currently communicating with someone else that will allow me to modify/reflash on my own as I really want to be able to modify the mapping (fuel/spark and others) to suit *each* bikes needs, which is very important, esp. if/when engine modifications are done (like my supercharger/kompressor G8V project this year). Cost on the EVO2 w/exchange is $500+ USD.
How many here would go $500 with exchange if I was able to do it myself?

I still hope to push on with the PC-V later this month as well.

RacerX wrote:
alfaguzzi wrote:
I was able to communicate with the engineer they use (that used to work for Magnetti Marelli), who is able to re-flash the 5AM. He wanted me to send him some fuel to develop new maps for the U.S. market. Not the direction I want to go in. I was also not able to gather if they do anything with the closed-loop A/F ratio/target.
I am currently communicating with someone else that will allow me to modify/reflash on my own as I really want to be able to modify the mapping (fuel/spark and others) to suit *each* bikes needs, which is very important, esp. if/when engine modifications are done (like my supercharger/kompressor G8V project this year). Cost on the EVO2 w/exchange is $500+ USD.
How many here would go $500 with exchange if I was able to do it myself?

I still hope to push on with the PC-V later this month as well.

Todd: Can you spell out how the EVO2 would be better than a PCV? And what is a ballpark price for a PCV and associated tuning center map? I can be persuaded to go the EVO2 route at that price.

What about a closed loop system as used on the 1996 1100i models. Can anyone help me out with the best way to correct mine. I have aftermarket mufflers with mechanical baffels (no burn out) and a slightly modified airbox. I've turned the low speed screw out 1 turn and from idle and up to 3000 rpm's it seems fine but i'm sure it's lean at the upper half, say 3000 rpm's and up. Any information would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Why are you sure it is lean above 3K?
What are the symptoms?
Typical stock fueling is lean at lower revs and rich in the upper half.
Pretty sure you can get a Power Commander for that bike. There are other options as well. I believe Cliff makes an ECU for it as well.
I think it depends on what your goals are as to what is the best way to go.

Re: Re:GPR power tuner

NeroGuzzi said:
Todd: Can you spell out how the EVO2 would be better than a PCV? And what is a ballpark price for a PCV and associated tuning center map? I can be persuaded to go the EVO2 route at that price.
Nero, sorry, somehow I missed this earlier... The EVO2 would not be better suited then the PC-V, as the fuel maps are time/location/bike/fuel specific. That said, I too have been successful in correcting some of the mapping issues with my GT-Rx ECU linked ->HERE<- if you haven't seen it yet.

While I can resolve a handful of things on the ECU, still best is the PC-V & AutoTune when accompanied with my GT-Rx ECU mod. Expensive, yes, but the absolute best "real/full-time closed-loop" fueling solution.

guzzidude1100i said:
What about a closed loop system as used on the 1996 1100i models. Can anyone help me out with the best way to correct mine. I have aftermarket mufflers with mechanical baffels (no burn out) and a slightly modified airbox. I've turned the low speed screw out 1 turn and from idle and up to 3000 rpm's it seems fine but i'm sure it's lean at the upper half, say 3000 rpm's and up. Any information would be a big help. Thanks in advance.
Your '96 is a P8 ECU I believe with an EPROM "chip." I believe there was only one or two aftermarket options out there for replacement. That said, the P8 has some adjustability, but once you modify the bike at all, I offer a Power Commander III usb or the new Power Commander V with AutoTune option. With the former, I *highly* recommend taking the bike to a dyno for a proper mapping session, or you can purchase the PC-V/AT and let it build you a map as you ride, and continue to correct any time the bike is running. Contact me direct e-mail if you need more info; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Back