• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking at buying Griso.

Clayton Sietsema

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi guys, I'm been so happy with my new Cali that I'm thinking of getting the wife a Griso as her second bike. I have found a '07 with 29,000 miles on it for $5500. Fair deal? Good bike? Would it be different enough from her F700GS that she would like it? Its a 4 hour drive to go get it so she wouldn't have much time to ride it so see if she liked it.

It is certainly different from a F700GS. It is a heavy bike, but once moving they tend to feel pretty light.
The early Griso's had very few issues, the fuel line in the gas tank was prone to popping off because they used the wrong type of line. That should be replaced by now. The dash can be flakey. Mine had both of those issues, the fuel line was replaced by the dealer and re-done by me, the dash was replaced but I suspect it did not need to be. I think the dash just needed to be re-booted.
I don't know if that is a fair price, I would not sell mine for that. And mine has more miles. So maybe it is a good price.
Does it have maintenance records? Has it been well kept and was it taken care of by a good shop?
There are a lot of variables.

Thanks for the reply GuzziMoto, the dealer said it was one owner and I would be given his contact info so I could talk to him if I bought it. I felt that was a good sign.

Mine's an 07 that I bought for less and you can find 07's for under $5,000 but they're rare. One of the things that I would look for is a different exhaust, re-flashed ECU and bags. They'll help make the initial cost more reasonable.

I'd put her on a V7 first though. You really feel the Griso's weight when the speeds get slow.

In the UK, nice 1100's are very hard to find.
Mine is a very late 2009, so it must have been one of the last one's to be sold having been on the showroom floor for quite a while.
I paid a little over the odds for it, but I did get a bike in pretty much as new condition, with just 4,500 miles, with every service done at time intervals.
I often hear people say that the Griso is a lump at low speeds, but I dissagree.
Yes the transmission is a little snatchy (at least mine is), and it won't tolerate bad choice gear changing at low speed, but generaly it's a delight to ride in town.
I ride a lot in heavy traffic, and the only thing I've considered changing is the handlebar.
Stock is very wide, meaning that filtering (or lane splitting), needs great care in the narrower gaps, but otherwise, it's fine.
The icing on the cake for me is fuel consumption,
The 1100's are very economical.
The reason I didn't buy the 1200 is because I heard they were thirsty.
If you buy an 1100 at the right price, in the right condition, then it'll always selll if she doesn't like it.
As I say, nice 1100's are rare as hens teeth now, and certainly where I live, are quite sought after.

Well, I got one. But for me and not the wife. Its a 2013 with 438 miles on her. It has exhaust, K&N, heated grips, tail tidy w/led tag light and brake lights,wind screen, 1 inch drop foot pegs and a carbon fiber rear fender. I bought it used from the BMW dealer in OKC. I sure would like to find out who the original owner was. They said it came out of Louisiana.

Congrats. The 8 valve motors are a whole 'nother breed compared to the 2 valve motors.
Enjoy.

Well, I got one. But for me and not the wife. Its a 2013 with 438 miles on her. It has exhaust, K&N, heated grips, tail tidy w/led tag light and brake lights,wind screen, 1 inch drop foot pegs and a carbon fiber rear fender. I bought it used from the BMW dealer in OKC. I sure would like to find out who the original owner was. They said it came out of Louisiana.
Congrats! Have a look on the Registry page; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/griso-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.1098/ - see if the Previous Owner is listed. Hope you'll add your info either way.
Many Griso seem to have short first ownership, sometimes two, before they find a permanent home.

I called Piaggio and they gave me the original dealer, a place called Kustom works in upstate NY. I called them and they don't have any record of the Vin. but they are trying to check into it and supposed to call me back.

Very nice. I'd say she'll (and you) will be much happier with the 8V engine.

Can you do a shot of the rear fender?

Back