• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Miles Per Gallon

Steven Ellsworth

Tuned and Synch'ed
I wanted to see what sort of miles per gallon riders were getting on their V7s. I have right at 400 miles on my V7 Racer and think I am getting around 42. I need to pay a bit more attention when I fill up.

Steve

For those like me who think metric, that's 5.4 l/100km. My alltime best was 4.9 l/100km.

I have approx 2.5k on my 2015 Stone. I've been up to Bennington VT for a 4 day rally and 5 days at Swanzey, NH and back for the Guzzi National.

I've recorded a low of 44 mpg and a high of 61. Avg has been around 54 mpg.

Running the stock engine with sump extender and arrow slip on's with no ECU reflash.

Regards,

Gerry

Gerry: Wow. I am going to have to pay attention to my miles. I may be driving the bike to and from work here soon. I have the V7 Racer and a Ninja 650. My Ninja is starting to collect dust...lol.

Gerry: Wow. I am going to have to pay attention to my miles. I may be driving the bike to and from work here soon. I have the V7 Racer and a Ninja 650. My Ninja is starting to collect dust...lol.

She just needs time to break in. I wouldn't worry too much about mpg right now. I didnt start keeping track until after the 600 mile check up.

Will do. The mileage is not all that important...really. I just enjoy getting out to ride. Here in El Paso I can ride almost year round.

Steve

I get about the same mileage on my V7 Stone as my Prius, which is quite a testament to the Prius's design.

I live in RI near the borders with CT and MA. Compared to RI fuel prices, they're about $0.10/gal higher in CT and about $0.10/lower in MA. Whenever I'm out riding, It seems that I invariably need to fill up when I'm in CT. There's probably a natural law that explains this.

So many variables, that this is an endless question. New bikes consume more fuel until broken in. From there it varies between how and where you ride, and if your just out for fun, or trying to allow the bike to sip fuel on a commute or trip.
The small block will return 40-50mpg to most. YMMV.

'14 V7 with GT-Rx 2>1 and ECU Reflash. Spirited riding (with fair amount of time at 75mph): upper 30's. Boppin around, nothing crazy and limited time above 65mph: mid 40's.

I'm averaging 49 and 50 most tanks. Lately for some reason the last couple tanks gave 52 and 53. My best was 57 but that was going down hill through the LOLO pass In Idaho.

Last edited:
35,689 miles on an '04 Breva 750 with a GT re-flashed ECU. Running Mistral "silencers" (dB killer in) and K&N type air filter.

In mixed suburban & mountain riding it always gets high 50s mpg at Denver altitudes (over 5,000 feet).
Last week one tankful gave me 65 mpg.

The trip meter on the Breva always shows within 1% of same miles as shown by GPS

I so love this bike...

'Geezer

At last count there are 4 staes that do not test gasoline octane with Ohio being one of them. I have noticed for years that gas purchased in other states in most cases gives me better mileage than what I buy locally. This has applied to all my vehicles so the state you live in may affect your mileage also just by the fuel you get.
locally the Summit County Weights and Measures took it upon themselves to test the octane in 2011. It took 8 stations before the found one selling under grade fuel. No idea if anything has changed since.
By me I find several miles per gallon less off the big names like Shell and BP compared to Marathon or Murphy but it doesn't seem to hold station to station. My friends say bs but to each their own. Just stating my experience. YMMV :)

At last count there are 4 staes that do not test gasoline octane with Ohio being one of them. I have noticed for years that gas purchased in other states in most cases gives me better mileage than what I buy locally. This has applied to all my vehicles so the state you live in may affect your mileage also just by the fuel you get.
locally the Summit County Weights and Measures took it upon themselves to test the octane in 2011. It took 8 stations before the found one selling under grade fuel. No idea if anything has changed since.
By me I find several miles per gallon less off the big names like Shell and BP compared to Marathon or Murphy but it doesn't seem to hold station to station. My friends say bs but to each their own. Just stating my experience. YMMV :)
What you say may be true, but your logic isn't. The fuel's octane rating has no relation to the mileage it provides. Any octane score that prevents pre-ignition in your engine is sufficient, any greater octane value provides no additional benefit.

Often additives like Ethanol (sorry I said the E word, please don't start a debate about it) can reduce your miles per gallon. And some of those additives are there to increase the octane rating of the fuel. But I have to agree, it is not really the octane that determines what kind of mileage you get from a gasoline.

I suspect the most effective fuel additive around (and universally available) is compliance with the signs indicating maximum speed limits - unfortunately it would seem that due to some "law of nature" this is in direct opposition to the "need for speed" that forms part of the DNA of most bikers.

Lofty

Those are awesome numbers everyone is receiving on their bikes. I will be riding mine to and from work with a good stretch on the highway. I am hopeful of getting around 50+ :) .

i have a new (700 miles) 2016 V7 Stone, and so i have filled it up 4 times (reserve light to reserve light)... 100 miles, 218 miles, 355 miles, 526 miles. The last fill up was almost all highway miles, the others are mostly city. The mileage seems awful. I'm an new rider, riding around in Brooklyn & Manhattan - lot of stop and go, with quick highway jumps. I mentioned this to the service guy at my 600 mile checkup, and he mentioned a fried spark plug cable.

Anyway, am I crazy? Will the bike get better mileage as it breaks in? Also, my reserve light seems to go on with about 1.5 - 1.7 left in the tank, as I have never put more than 3.9 gal in the tanks, is this normal? The manual says it's a 1 gal reserve.

A known "feature" of this bike is the premature low fuel warning. On my '13 Stone, the light would come on at 150-170 mi. They finally sorted it out on the V7II's. On my '16 Stone, which has the same tank, the light comes on at 200-220 mi.

Back