• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MG V7 Stone Can't start, please help!

finimits

Just got it firing!
Hi everyone,

My V7Stone won't start. When I hit the button, there's a series of rapid clicks and then nothing. Either the battery voltage is really low or the terminals are corroded. I have a few questions
1. Can I charge the battery without removing the side panels via that hanging connector on the right side near the side panel? It seems to be a charging connector.. but I am not sure. In this case, what type of charger should I use?

2. I wasn't able to get the side panel off with the stock allen keys in the glove compartment.. Do any of you know if there's a special tool to remvoe the side panels in case I have to clean the terminals?

3. How do I clean the terminals if I have to?

Thank you!!

I use a battery tender lead attached to my battery. So you can charge tthe battery without removing it. This is how I keep the battery charged over the winter. I have had no problem with the allen key in removing the side panel. Once the bolt is loose the panel is held in place by two nipples and rubber grommets. To clean the terminal just wipe off any corrosion and then use steel wool to remove any stubborn deposits. Also clean the battery clamps inside and out. You can also coat the base of the terminals and the clamps with some dielectric grease to prevent further corrosion.

Good luck

1. We need a photo of the connector. Use a known-brand trickle charger, and I offer one here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/optimate2-1amp-charger/ - there are others available online, just be sure it gets close to 1-amp charge recommended by your Yuasa battery in your bike.
2. Per above, remove the front bolt, and gently pull on the other two locations without removing anything else.
3. Be sure to remove both positive and negative cables to the battery to clean, per above.

I use a battery tender lead attached to my battery. So you can charge tthe battery without removing it. This is how I keep the battery charged over the winter. I have had no problem with the allen key in removing the side panel. Once the bolt is loose the panel is held in place by two nipples and rubber grommets. To clean the terminal just wipe off any corrosion and then use steel wool to remove any stubborn deposits. Also clean the battery clamps inside and out. You can also coat the base of the terminals and the clamps with some dielectric grease to prevent further corrosion.

Good luck

Thanks Larry, I'll follow your suggestions. Do you always have the battery tender plugged in when the bike is in the garage? How many days in your opinion constitutes "inactivity" ?
Also, would appreciate if you had a particular battery tender spec .. I found a few online, but just curios which one you have.
THanks!

To be a little more clear on the fasteners, two of them are a kind of Dzus type fastener, they only need a 90 degree turn to lock or release. The other is a screw.

To be a little more clear on the fasteners, two of them are a kind of Dzus type fastener, they only need a 90 degree turn to lock or release. The other is a screw.
Bare, think you may be confusing this with something else. The rearward two are held on by rubber grommets (nothing needed), outside of pulling them off. The front is in fact a bolt that must be removed. Seems he doesn't like my advice any way. ;)

Back