• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Euro turn signal conversion method

Motojames

Just got it firing!
Conversion of US to Euro front turn signals

This is a nice conversion but is much more involved than I had expected. The below is my method, and makes for a quality job that looks professional and makes me happy. There are many ways this could be done. MPH Cycles in Houston keeps a stock of the Euro Mirrors and turn signals for the Stelvio. It was $120 or so, and I received the kit in two days. The mirrors are very straightforward. Unplug the existing, unscrew and put in the new. No problem. The plug is down behind the side cover in the area where the signal should have been. This is where the new kit plugs into. No wiring needed.

As a necessary precaution this is a project for those with delicate fingers. If you lack the tactile response to know when fairing screws are tight – please don’t do this! There are lots of small soft fasteners in soft materials. Music choices should be more like Moby and less like Rage Against the Machine…
The signal conversion is a little more tricky, as the lens is trapped between the inner and outer fairing pieces. See below for a pic taken from the parts manual, p.30/31 available in downloads.

Items 13 & 14 are a rubber washer and a toothy stainless little one-time fastener, pressed onto the plastic posts. Luckily the posts are all hollow, and take a #6 screw perfectly.
Supplies needed –
• Euro signal kit
• (16) #6x3/8 stainless sheet metal screws
• (16) #6 washers

Directions
Remove the clear wing deflectors. Two screws.

Remove the side fairings. There are three attachment points, Shown above as Items 10, 15 & the screw not shown that connects to clip 12. They are shown here:

Item 15

Item 10

The screw into Item 12
Reach in and unplug the mirror cable if you haven’t done it already – the cover comes off and looks like this. All the little toothy washers need to come off in order to change the lens. I pointed to a couple of them.

I used a little diagonal cutter to snip the washers. They come off without destroying the posts that way. There is a rubber washer between the toothy washer and the plastic. Save this; it is perfect for re-assembly.
Once all the horrid little washers are removed take off the screen and separate the two halves of the fairing. Finally now you can get the little holding screw (Item 18) for the lens and swap it out.

The toothy washers leave a nice ring on the plastic posts showing where they were clamped down to. A quick pass with a small sander will bring the posts down to this level. It is helpful to go slightly below this so you can use the screw to compress the rubber washer, but go easy. If you dust them off slowly you will have less flash to clean up off the top of the posts.

Clean the flash out of the center of the posts with a small drill or an X-acto knife.

Re-assemble the two halves with the new signal lens in place. Add the rubber washers you saved, then a little stainless washer and secure GENTLY with the #6 screws. You just want enough compression to slightly squeeze the rubber washer. Here’s what it looks like back together again:

Put the bike back together and ride!

Attachments

• fairing halves.jpg
    fairing halves.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 957
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 956
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 959
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 955
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 962
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 957
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 960
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 955
  • 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 957
  • done1.JPG
    done1.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 956
Just a reminder to folks - this method is what needs to be done to replace the US with the Euro-signals on a 2012 bike ....

For the earlier bikes, it's a 10 minute job to do both, with no trimming, clipping, or fabrication needed.

Lannis

James,

I'm considering the conversion on my '13 Stella just because the mirrors with turn signals vibrate to distraction. Replacing the washers with screws seems like a good idea during the conversion but is it necessary?

I happen to have a pair of Aprilia mirrors (like you have there) I picked up from a friend, will probably mount them and take a ride to see if the vibration is reduced or goes away. If not, I'll stick with what came on the bike.

Thanks for the step-by-step with photos. Great job! She's the same color as mine.

Great info Mike!

I am having my dealer put on the turn signal conversion and mirrors along with the heated grips. He just set another bike up with the conversion so it should be sweet getting it already done. From what I understand the new mirrors (Aprilia) are vibration free.

I sold my Griso to get the Stelvio NTX, Griso 1100 was a great bike but I'm really looking forward to my new Lava Black Stelvio... :D

Vivo

vivo said:
Great info Mike!

I am having my dealer put on the turn signal conversion and mirrors along with the heated grips. He just set another bike up with the conversion so it should be sweet getting it already done. From what I understand the new mirrors (Aprilia) are vibration free.

I sold my Griso to get the Stelvio NTX, Griso 1100 was a great bike but I'm really looking forward to my new Lava Black Stelvio... :D

Vivo

I can confirm that the replacement mirrors are virtually vibration-free and clear as a bell at most speeds.

Bruce

Another confirmation that the mirrors without signals are vibration free. If you do the euro conversion you will have to secure the two plastic parts back together. Using screws is one approach. I bought the correct replacement one time clips from McMaster Carr. Minimum order was 100 so I have a few left over just in case anyone decides to go that route.

Peter Y.

Sounds like a resounding YES to do the conversion and get vibration-free mirrors at the same time.

Thanks guys and have a Merry Christmas. I'm hoping the weather in North Texas will cooperate and allow me to have a few pleasant riding days.

Mike R.

I went with the screws over more of the little push washers as buzzy plastic fairing bits make me crazy. (I've owned many full fairing sport bikes over the years). I get a little OCD about that stuff, and it seemed like a much more robust long term fix. Even the most careful disassembly will leave a groove in the plastic from the old washer, which is stealing some of the grip from new washers.

All in all it really isn't a big deal either way. If you have access to some of the washers go for it. I definitely spent less than $5 at the hardware store. Most of all enjoy your machine! These things are amazing.

Merry Christmas!

James

Don't know how Ferracci does the conversion, clips or screws but they have done at least one other bike so it should be fine. I know the bike is at least three weeks or more out but I wish I had it already.

Vivo

Are those little plastic posts hollow already, or do they need to be drilled? Getting ready to do one for a buddy with a late model Stelvio. My experience was with my own '09, so I guess I had a much easier job of it.

Never mind, just read the original post more carefully. YES, they are hollow!. DOH!!!!!

Last edited:
Back