• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How good is the 1400 Cali's headlight?

There has been some discussion about the aiming issues. Seems when the low beam is aimed properly, the high beam is way too high and vice versa. I tend to agree, I've aimed the low beam where it should be, but still feel it's too high. I have limited experience with this bike/light at night, but the times I have ridden it at night, I wasn't overly impressed with the light and the pattern.

There has been some discussion about the aiming issues. Seems when the low beam is aimed properly, the high beam is way too high and vice versa. I tend to agree, I've aimed the low beam where it should be, but still feel it's too high. I have limited experience with this bike/light at night, but the times I have ridden it at night, I wasn't overly impressed with the light and the pattern.

I agree with Bouts. Aiming is an issue. I aim my high beam so I can actually see on back roads at night and flip to low beam when the cagers get close in the on coming lane. NOT ideal but they are the coolest looking lights out there!

..."but they are the coolest looking lights out there!" That they are!! That they are!

The stock headlamp bulb sucks!!! I replaced mine with a brighter whiter version and it made a big difference. And the bike as delivered had the headlight aimed way too low. It was at the lowest possible setting. I raised it higher and now the brighness and level are okay. But I still find it less than optimal. I have no issue with the high beam being too high. I think I have the height exactly right.

I've experienced this with Breva and 1200 Sport headlights too.

Joe, what bulb did you use to replace the OEM? My headlight was adjusted the same way, too low, almost as low as it would go.

Joe, what bulb did you use to replace the OEM? My headlight was adjusted the same way, too low, almost as low as it would go.
I don't know off the top of my head. But I know I saved the package (put the old bulb in there). I can reply in a couple of days with the answer. It's a big improvement.

Thanks.

Looking at the GSX1400 I have, I think the Cali headlight may be too large (but damn that light is SO good looking) as the forks are narrower which would make the bike to smaller / it would be disproportionate.

Cheers anyway lads.

PIAA 70325 Xtreme White H3 Replacement Bulb
This is the one I purchased for $30.31 from Amazon.

NOTE - when using PIAA replacement bulbs, be careful not to exceed the wattage and heat limitations of the housing (for ANY bike). Some PIAA (and other) products draw a higher wattage than stock, overtaxing the wiring, and may create more heat, leading to damage to the reflector and housing. I have seen this on several bikes including the Norge (thankfully not mine).

Good watchout. This one that I used is same as stock 55W. I can't speak to the heat but I can say that I have used it for about 600 miles of driving without any problem.

Don't know about the headlight but the driving light is outstanding!..as told to me by several others.
Extremely noticeable!.

Back