• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

My new 2014 California Touring with 50L MG tourpack, heat shields, Corbin seat with rider's backrest, lower wind deflectors, and Garmin gps. Took it to the Blue Ridge mountains for the weekend. I love it. My other bike is a 2014 Indian Chieftain which I pretty much converted to a Roadmaster.
Your bike is the way I'm heading with mine. The top box and rack are coming in any day now, the Corbin seat over the winter, depending on how the buffeting with the windscreen is after the last adjustment, maybe lowers. Looking good!

6'1" or 6'3" you guys should compare inseams. At 5'4" and a 28" inseam I am not sure heat from that area even reaches me. :)
32" inseam and with a corbin seat and backrest my knees hit the heat shields all the time. Didn't happen with the stock seat. I'm trying to find highway pegs that fit the engine guards but no luck so far.

6'1" or 6'3" you guys should compare inseams. At 5'4" and a 28" inseam I am not sure heat from that area even reaches me. :)
I'm not much taller than you and believe me, the heat is KILLING ME! Can anyone tell me those heat shields justify their cost and are well worth it?

'm not much taller than you and believe me, the heat is KILLING ME! Can anyone tell me those heat shields justify their cost and are well worth it?
The shields aren't going to help with the heat... especially in NYC. I have repetitively posted on how to solve the problem. It's not free or easy, but it works and gives you a tremendous boost in power.

How are the heat shields working? Do you feel a difference after you installed them? Are they worth the pricing?

The heat shields are difficult to qualify as working or not working. It's still hot, maybe a little less is the best description I can give.

Heres the mods so far...From the dealer: 2014 CALI 1400 TOURING in black.
60 liter top case
MG Black touring bars
MG Pillion adjustable foot boards
MG Highway bars
MG Windshield lowers
Black Wheels off the Custom to replace the stock silver
Black Mirrors off the Custom to replace the stock chrome

Mods I've added:
Heel shifter removed
Smaller diameter, non heated grips off a 2015 Aprilia Capanord
Pazzo shorty levers in black with red adjuster
DP HH+ Stintered brake pads, front and rear
Agostini Carbon Fiber fuel injector shields
Corbin seat with backrest and heaters...all black, all leather
Powerlet bar mounted port up front
Gerbing heated vest plug-ins for rider and pillion
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs
GuzziTech Rx-fueling kit with PC-V, AS-300 and flashed ECU
GuzziTech supplied BMC filter and opened air-box lid
Moaning whale killed, associated air leak plugged
Extensive use of Titanium and Stainless Steel bolts to replace
the fuggly zinc coated stock bolts from Pro Bolt

Still to come:
Matris rear shocks and front spring kit
Mistral carbon slip ons
Any other farkles that strike my fancy[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Finally got some pics of my bike with the mods.

MG saddlebags
MG top box in black and I had it painted Merc. Gray
MG heat shields
MG luggage rack
MG GPS mount
MG engine guards
? ram mount for phone

In the coming months I will be replacing stock cans for Agostini's and hopefully anodizing or powder coating all the external nuts and bolts and the valve covers. View attachment 8887View attachment 8888 View attachment 8889View attachment 8890

Mike, I read somewhere here that the added heat shield doesn't protect from the cylinder head heat. What's the purpose other than you just like them?

Here's the latest state of my Cali Custom:

MG Sportscreen - breaks the wind just enough to make the bike comfortable at freeway speeds.
Carbon fiber intake shields - still hot, but no first degree burns like the metal ones can inflict, and they look good.
Hepco Becker luggage rack
Hepco Becker C Bows with Strayker bags - like the C Bows but will probably replace the Straykers with a different bag sometime
Corbin seat - keeper.

In regards to the heat, I've been playing with the gas grades around here and definitely notice more heat with the 94 grade stuff that's loaded with ethanol to up the octane. After a few tanks of Esso 93 I decided to try the Sunoco 94 again and noticed it riding out. Also have a pretty good indication that the mileage is worse too as I've been tracking it on a mileage app - this latest tank will confirm but I'll be sticking with the Esso 93 here onwards.

I read somewhere that ethanol burns hotter than pure gasoline (or is it runs leaner meaning hotter) but try finding a grade of gas with no ethanol at all and see if you notice a diff in the temps. I did.

In regards to the heat, I've been playing with the gas grades around here and definitely notice more heat with the 94 grade stuff that's loaded with ethanol to up the octane. After a few tanks of Esso 93 I decided to try the Sunoco 94 again and noticed it riding out. Also have a pretty good indication that the mileage is worse too as I've been tracking it on a mileage app - this latest tank will confirm but I'll be sticking with the Esso 93 here onwards.

I read somewhere that ethanol burns hotter than pure gasoline (or is it runs leaner meaning hotter) but try finding a grade of gas with no ethanol at all and see if you notice a diff in the temps. I did.

I did notice the bike ran cooler on 89 the other day.( I have been using premium,91-92 since I bought her) I filled up with Sunoco high grade, 94 the other day and noticed she was running warmer again! Good find and tip.

Here's what I have going so far.

2014 Custom, bought 2 months ago in Austin. !500 miles on it. Hoping to add 2 or 3,000 more the first two weeks of October as I have some vacation time coming.

Windshield bag (mounted on handlebars)
Garage door opener (mounted with velcro)
USB accessory (using the running lights wiring)
Side bags with guards
Side bag organizer bags
Sissybar bag and rear bag latched together and rok strapped to the rear of the bike. Four quick releases and I can remove the bags and carry them with one handle.
Funky highway heel rests (1/4 inch beam clamps)
Scala Rider Qz bluetooth phone interface (not part of the bike but it's neat)

Really enjoying all the posts and threads here.

Mgmods1   1
Mgmods2   1 Mgmods3   1
Mgmods4   1 Mgmods5   1 Mgmods6   1

Cool looking pipes...Where did you get them?
Mufflers are locally made for a LMIV , I shortened them by removing bend from cross over end and expanded pipe slightly to fit over C1400 flexi end, they were second hand, had them ceramic coated after welding new bracket hangers to suit. I will be trying to get local guy who made originals to copy and make some for the Guzzi shop I work at( Thunderbikes in Perth WA AUS. )

Back