• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another Handlebar Post

I just bit the bullet and ordered the Ferracci risers last night ... pricy and more so for me with a 1.31 exchange hit but I figured by back is worth it.

Mike, be aware that if you replace the brake line you will need to have a dealer do it because you will allow air into the ABS system and they need they need to electronically activate the ABS in order to bleed the air out of it.

Hey Mike. I just did the handlebar change myself last week following tips from Longrider (Thanks Longrider!). It worked out fine. Brake and clutch lines are tight and just barely long enough but they work. Sounds like your problem is you are trying to lower your bars into an unusually low position. Even if you had the proper touring lines and cables installed, I'm not sure you could drop them that low. Incidentally, when you attach the custom lines back to the touring handlebars you are only able to use one set of the black plastic clips (the top ones). There's no way to attach the lower clips as the lines are too short for that.

Thanks everyone. I'm waiting for a set of stock handlebar grips and then I'm going to try it again. Any suggestions on how to remove the left grip without destroying it?

I just bit the bullet and ordered the Ferracci risers last night ... pricy and more so for me with a 1.31 exchange hit but I figured by back is worth it.
So after playing with the angle of the handle bars, I've got them set up perfect for me. I just came back from a 2 hr ride and not once did I feel the need to put the cruise on to rest my right wrist. I only did it once and it was to air out the palm of that gloved hand.

Furthermore, no more slight pain on my right deltoid. Lower back was an improvement too but not as much as the wrist and shoulder.

One thing I will point out is that the 2-sides don't mate flush with each other around the bar. There's about a 1/16th" space but it's on tight and the bar is knurled on that area too.

Well worth it IMHO ... this is the longest ride I've ever taken on the bike and the comfort is the #1 reason.

So after playing with the angle of the handle bars, I've got them set up perfect for me. I just came back from a 2 hr ride and not once did I feel the need to put the cruise on to rest my right wrist. I only did it once and it was to air out the palm of that gloved hand.

Furthermore, no more slight pain on my right deltoid. Lower back was an improvement too but not as much as the wrist and shoulder.

One thing I will point out is that the 2-sides don't mate flush with each other around the bar. There's about a 1/16th" space but it's on tight and the bar is knurled on that area too.

Well worth it IMHO ... this is the longest ride I've ever taken on the bike and the comfort is the #1 reason.

Can you elaborate on: "One thing I will point out is that the 2-sides don't mate flush with each other around the bar. There's about a 1/16th" space but it's on tight and the bar is knurled on that area too".

A picture is worth a thousand words:

FerracciRisersGap_zpsdj7er8j1.jpg

If the pieces did touch, the handlebar wouldn't be tight and could move.
I know exactly what you mean where you'd be unable to tighten any further if the pieces touched but a smaller gap would've been nice. I know these risers are also used on the Griso so maybe that's a smaller diameter handle bar?

Regardless, I have absolutely no concerns at all with the gap as it is and glad I bought them!

A picture is worth a thousand words...
There's a gap on the stock parts, as John says it wouldn't get tight, however it could be closer, but that's a component of the stock parts. I'll be offering these at less money then the FBF offerings here soon.

If I ever get my bike back I will be ordering a set.......Long story will relay it when the saga has reached completion

If the pieces did touch, the handlebar wouldn't be tight and could move.

Gotcha! I totalled my top riser clamp left side. I had the MG GPS mount for TomTom. It came with a new set of allen bolts and a spacer to mount the mount. The allens (both sides r and l) stripped during uninstallation. I was able to get the right one off by drilling the allen out and using a chisel. The left side isn't cooperating at all.

Does anyone know where I can get a new set of top riser clamps only? I don't want to have to buy the entire riser.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Gotcha! I totalled my top riser clamp left side. I had the MG GPS mount for TomTom. It came with a new set of allen bolts and a spacer to mount the mount. The allens (both sides r and l) stripped during uninstallation. I was able to get the right one off by drilling the allen out and using a chisel. The left side isn't cooperating at all.

Does anyone know where I can get a new set of top riser clamps only? I don't want to have to buy the entire riser.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Mike,

I also ran into some problems with the "soft-as-butter" fasteners used by MG. I was able to remove a hex socket head screw by driving in the next larger size hex bit with a hammer and then attaching a pneumatic impact driver (in reverse). It destroyed the hex bit (the screw was already a loss) but, the impact driver managed to get the screw out.

Mike,

I also ran into some problems with the "soft-as-butter" fasteners used by MG. I was able to remove a hex socket head screw by driving in the next larger size hex bit with a hammer and then attaching a pneumatic impact driver (in reverse). It destroyed the hex bit (the screw was already a loss) but, the impact driver managed to get the screw out.

Well, I got the bars on, and it appears everything is fine. I just need the left side top riser clamp.

Todd are these what you'll be offering soon, or the whole riser assembly?

Todd are these what you'll be offering soon, or the whole riser assembly?
No, I'm building what Guzzi_Lou posted above, just a bar spacer. You'll have to look at the parts PDF to see if the clamp tops are available separately.

Back