• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Reset Codes for the Cali 1400 Custom?

mrvman

Tuned and Synch'ed
Greetings, all!

I've had a 2014 Cali 1400 Custom since April - needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), my only regret is not getting one sooner!

My question: I've been searching through the forums trying to locate information pertaining to the reset codes. I am doing my own oil changes, etc, and would like to be able to reset the spanner wrench maintenance icon.

I apologize if this information is already somewhere here - and I'd appreciate it if someone would point me to it.

Cheers and thanks!

AFAIK the icon can currently only be reset by a MG dealer.

Stephen

Well, that bites the big one! I suppose I'll have to try and bribe them to share this tidbit of wisdom with me, then.

You can't bribe them unless you plan to give them a few thousand dollars to buy a copy of the software needed to access the computer. There is some new aftermarket software coming out that Todd will have but no word yet if it will be able to do the reset. I just have them do the reset and check for map updates. Cost me $75 and a 3 hour round trip plus however long it was in the shop last time. I am sure on my next trip the icon will come on but the tune up is already done.

I do my own oil changes, and use Guzzidiag to re-zero the FBW. I have taken my bike to NV Motorcycles in Morrinsville for a map update, and to convert my speedo from miles to kM. I'm impressed with these guys and would recommend them to all Guzzista.

Last edited:
I do my own oil changes, and use Guzzidiag to re-zero the FBW. I have taken my bike to NV Motorcycles in Morrinsville for a map update, and to convert my speedo from miles to kM. I'm impressed with these guys and would recommend them to all Guzzista.
Thanks, I have meet Nic on a poker run and will definately be getting servicing done there from now on.

We waiting. My son bought the Guzzidiag (think that is what he got) to use on our Stelvio's to reset everything and sync the throttle bodies. But the California is different. I will be waiting.

We waiting. My son bought the Guzzidiag (think that is what he got) to use on our Stelvio's to reset everything and sync the throttle bodies. But the California is different. I will be waiting.

Guzzidiag cannot be used to balance the throttle bodies on the Stelvio. I use a Twinmax for this purpose, however there are other solutions and products that can be utilised.

Luckily, the Cali 1400 has a single throttle body.

Ya I know it does not balance the TB's. I had a Twinmax I use to use on a 2007 Ural I had but let it go when I sold the Ural. I forget what we bought to balance the TB's but it works better than the Twinmax. It is up a my sons house now he keeps it in his cabinet.

Guzzidiag is free. The developers don't have easy access to the 7SM ECU that our Cali1400's use, so it's not supported yet. Because of this, there is no date for 7SM support yet. There are cable sets available that *seem* to work, and Guzzidiag right now will start up and display some of the many parameters. BUT the developers will only say it's unsupported for now, and if you attempt to actually change anything (IOW, try to write back to the ECU) you could possibly brick it. Much more information available over on WildGuzzi or Griso Ghetto, the developers hang out there...

The only working system I've run across is about as pricey as the factory's system (several thousand dollars for all the bells and whistles). It's name is the Rexxer system. There are at least two dealers here in the US I know of that are actively exploring it. It does directly support the 7SM ECU. Don't ask me any questions about any of this, as the above is all I know, and there is much more available info on the other two sources noted above...

Jim

Any timeline on this ?
I've been told two weeks for most of this year. I have another inquiry in to them this morning. I'll post the minute I hear back.

Guys, please... easy on the Diag stuff and posts about off-site info on it. I have been working directly with Bernd (the creator) for the last 6 months to offer it here, and will be creating a Q&A/FAQ page for it, along with a link to buy the cables.

The $600 Rexxer Single User Box will reset the TPS and read errors, but the mapping is horrible, which is why I only recommend my full kit here on the site with the PC-V/AutoTune-300 for the 1400/7SM; It's the only proven thing that works right now.

Again, I have been working hard at this since '08 in offering a reliable solution for '07+ Guzzi fueling. I know no one likes to spend money on something they "think" they shouldn't have to, but emission regs forced on OEMs makes it a tricky game to play, and I always say the fact they run at all and come with a warranty in this day and age is miraculous on many levels.

Guzzidiag is free. The developers don't have easy access to the 7SM ECU that our Cali1400's use, so it's not supported yet. Because of this, there is no date for 7SM support yet. There are cable sets available that *seem* to work, and Guzzidiag right now will start up and display some of the many parameters. BUT the developers will only say it's unsupported for now, and if you attempt to actually change anything (IOW, try to write back to the ECU) you could possibly brick it.

Guzzidiag is fine for resetting the TPS (actually zero the throttle range) on the 7SM, and doing other things like resetting the trim or the learned parameters (also achieved by disconnecting the battery for a little while). It is not possible to use it to read or write maps to the ECU. Guzzidiag cannot do this for the 5AM or 15M ECUs either, but companion read and write programs can. These are yet to be developed for the 7SM.

The only working system I've run across is about as pricey as the factory's system (several thousand dollars for all the bells and whistles). It's name is the Rexxer system....Jim

And then you're stuck with their map, and will cost you more for them to provide an updated one that supposedly might be better.

The real solution. Go with the GT-RX ECU reflash with Power Commander and Autotune. Available now and it works a treat. How do I know? I purchased Todd's 1400 Custom.

If only the reflash also removed the need to reset the service light.
I just got home from my second trip to the dealer (3 hours round trip not including shop time) to get my service light reset for the 12,000 mile tune. First trip, as reported before, the dealer's system would not connect and talk to the bike. So I head home accomplishing nothing except a 160 mile ride on freeways. Tonight I head back down and wander about while the mechanic plays with my bike. I walk in the back and they are trying to shut off the Urgent Service message on my display while the mechanic tells somebody on the phone that he is trying to fix this F*#@ing Moto Guzzi. When I ask how that got there he says isn't that what I was in for? I explain I rode in a perfectly working motorcycle that only needed the service time reset (it wasn't even showing yet but would have in under 500 miles and I am hoping for a 1,500 mile trip next week). He has this disgusted look on his face, tells me it will take 3 hours to reprogram and they close in one so he starts to put the battery cover on so I can ride my now screwed up bike home. I ask if he can imagine how pleased I am and I go find a manager. A half hour later my motorcycle is magically fine again. They don't charge me and it ran fine on the way home. I think if the service light ever comes on it will stay on quite a while before I let the dealer reset it.
Kudos to the manager.

Back