• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

Interesting....I like custom..How about the fueling? I wonder if this would lean bike out to much..
Running sweet throughout rev range, runs to 215 at 6K with plenty more to go and happy to run at 60-70 kms/hr in fourth with no issues with fuelling, only pops off on over run with closed throttle occasionally something I can live with. Will most likely add Rexxer map in near future but don't really need more performance

The list so far

Todds fuel kit just installed.
Carbon fibre front mudguard
Fork shrouds removed ( done before Audace was first shown.)
Carbon speedo surround.
Sports fairing
Carbon fibre injector covers
Audace seat
Agostini exhaust
Agostini oil cooler cover
Piaa dual tone horns
Alarm
Heated grips
Black head covers
Aftermarket levers
Bar end mirrors

Future projects
Carbon fibre side panels, tank panels and rear mudguard.
Todds stainless headers
Improved suspension
Foot pegs

Looking good Rickhinnz ... you've got 2 mods I'm considering over the off-season, the sport shield and the heated grips (I just bought the handlebar bag). Can you tell me more about your opinion of them pls? Especially as pertains to wind deflection on the shield and is the heat from the grips truly effective?

Thanks.

Btw, post another pic from the other side if you don't mind.

I ride all year round and the heated grips are perfect. In Auckland we get a LOT of rain and temperature has dropped down to below 30f during the winter mornings I've been riding into work.

I rarely need to use them at greater than the number two setting. Especially now that I fit the mirror mounted hand deflectors during winter.

The little sports fairing is brilliant. It does stop buffering on my helmet and make it much easier to ride at speed.

Personally wouldn't do without both. Must be getting soft.

Will post more photos when I can move the bike. Stuck with knee braces after an accident at present. No not motorcycle related.

The list so far

Todds fuel kit just installed.
Carbon fibre front mudguard
Fork shrouds removed ( done before Audace was first shown.)

View attachment 9386

Removing the fork shrouds is something I was investigating after removing my top yoke to tighten the steering head bearings and noticing how better it looked. You encourage me to proceed further.

Did you fit dust covers over the fork bottoms and if so, what do you use? I thought I might be able to fit the Audace ones, but the part numbers for the Audace fork bottoms are different to my Cali 1400.

I endorse your comments about the screen and heated grips.

You are correct. I was misinformed.
Just measured them myself. Just goes to prove you can't trust everything your told.

Thanks, saves me whipping off the covers again.

What are the aftermarket seal protectors that you purchased? I'm about to go hunting for something suitable myself.

Got them from a friend based in holland. Have no idea of the brand. Just said I wanted some so he sourced them for me. Will email to find out.

John's custom rock guard/ air deflector for directing air into oil cooler (idea from pictures of later model), & so I can wear shorts if I want on hot days, John's intake runner heat shields of leather, (idea from harley heat shield seen on Internet.

20151210 124620

20151210 124725

I got some spares heat shield laying around. Might as well gives this a shot.

Attachments

• 20160213_222456.jpg
    20160213_222456.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 18
Looking good Rickhinnz ... you've got 2 mods I'm considering over the off-season, the sport shield and the heated grips (I just bought the handlebar bag). Can you tell me more about your opinion of them pls? Especially as pertains to wind deflection on the shield and is the heat from the grips truly effective?

Thanks.

Btw, post another pic from the other side if you don't mind.

I've got the heated grips and they are fine putting around town on a chilly day. I've gone for a couple of rides with a few guys recently and the temp on one ride was 33F and the other 35F (with a wet fog). I couldn't feel the heated grips and found that my new boots aren't insulated--couldn't feel my toes for the rest of the day. One guy here found some, non-Guzzi, clear plastic hand guards that looked great. They would be a good investment along with the heated grips.

Image Been a while since I was on here, short update, bikes done 9000kms trouble free, replaced both tyres at 8500, both were knackered. Never use traction control or take it out of Veloce mode, runs sweet with 98 octane unleaded with K & N and conti's. Rocker covers changed three months ago

Last edited:
Cali as currently configured:

MG Sportscreen - breaks the wind just enough to make the bike comfortable at freeway speeds.
Carbon fiber intake shields - still hot, but no first degree burns like the metal ones can inflict, and they look good.
Hepco Becker luggage rack with backrest - for the Mrs.
Hepco Becker C Bows with Strayker bags - like the C Bows but will probably replace the Straykers with a different bag sometime
Corbin seat - keeper.
Agostini exhausts.

Back