• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Modifications already...

I believe the connector is for a GPS, should you decide to hook one up.

If you really want to drill a hole, put masking tape on the bar and mark the spot. The tape will help keep a sharp bit from walking. Figuring out where to put the hole can be a challenge. I always put the old bars next to the new ones and guess. Seems to work pretty well.

The other option is to file the tabs off the controls. I guess the fear is that the controls could rotate on the bars, but I've never had that happen.

Of the two options, I prefer to drill a hole. Makes going back to the old bars easy.

Well, after about two hours of lining things up, measuring and carefully drilling the set holes...it's finally finished. I'll have the shop shorten the brake and clutch cable once I hit my 1000km service (which should be in the next couple of weeks).really liking the look overall.

Image Image

Yes, the green connector is for GPS. The connection is specific to TomTom or cut it off and replace with whatever you need.

It's on the list of things to switch out. That specific item will have to wait for the winter since it's pretty pricey.

Well, after about two hours of lining things up, measuring and carefully drilling the set holes...it's finally finished. I'll have the shop shorten the brake and clutch cable once I hit my 1000km service
The ones from the Racer should work well for you then.

It's on the list of things to switch out. That specific item will have to wait for the winter since it's pretty pricey.
I have a set of OEM versions off of a Racer (fits 2013-15 only) that are very lightly used that I can sell. I was going to put them up on the Auction page, which I still might. Otherwise, I can get both Sato HERE and I can also get the Agostini versions when ready.

I'm assuming they would fit the 2014 Special? What price were you thinking of letting them go for?

Cheers,

Chris

I'm assuming they would fit the 2014 Special? What price were you thinking of letting them go for?
They will. $425 + shipping to you. They are pretty much new looking.

So I ended up getting some clubman handlebars (prefer the look over standard clip on bars). I'm assuming I will have to drill a hole to have the left and right controls? Is there any magic to this or do I have to find bars with the holes pre drilled?

Also...I discovered a connector just hanging behind my light. I checked everywhere and cannot find where it would connect to? Any thoughts?

View attachment 9219

The connecteor is to allow you to plug in a satnav. I think elsehwere on the forum it is described as being to fit a TomTom unit.

Interesting. Honestly, I should have probably did a quick search before posting the question...but my mind was stuck in alteration mode to fit the controls properly without having to shave off the plastic tabs. I'm assuming this would give the navigation unit accurate information regarding speed and such?

Cheers all!

And once again, thanks for everyone's help!

Interesting. Honestly, I should have probably did a quick search before posting the question...but my mind was stuck in alteration mode to fit the controls properly without having to shave off the plastic tabs. I'm assuming this would give the navigation unit accurate information regarding speed and such?

Cheers all!

And once again, thanks for everyone's help!

No, it's just power.

BTW, that kink in your clutch cable is much more severe than mine. That can't be good.

No, it's just power.

BTW, that kink in your clutch cable is much more severe than mine. That can't be good.
If it's just power, is it possible to replace the connector with a USB pigtail or perhaps a connector for heating vest?

Ahh the clutch cable. It honestly looks worse than what it actually is. I spent a lot of time to ensure that the clutch had free movement and didn't bind or required more force to pull in the clutch. It honestly feels exactly the same (more or less) then when on the OEM bars. The stock elbow at the level definitely helps! That stated, I will have it reduced in length so it looks cleaner when I go in for my 1000km service (only 150km's to go). I'll also have the brake cable shorted for the same reason.

If it's just power, is it possible to replace the connector with a USB pigtail or perhaps a connector for heating vest?
I'm sure, although it would have to be 5v for USB (I don't know what it is - I'm guessing 12v). I don't think the wires are heavy enough for heated gear.

Ahh the clutch cable. It honestly looks worse than what it actually is. I spent a lot of time to ensure that the clutch had free movement and didn't bind or required more force to pull in the clutch. It honestly feels exactly the same (more or less) then when on the OEM bars. The stock elbow at the level definitely helps! That stated, I will have it reduced in length so it looks cleaner when I go in for my 1000km service (only 150km's to go). I'll also have the brake cable shorted for the same reason.

The easiest solution is probably to just get the Racer clutch cable and brake line. You might give your dealer a call so he can order them and have them when you go in for service.

The easiest solution is probably to just get the Racer clutch cable and brake line. You might give your dealer a call so he can order them and have them when you go in for service.
Good idea. I'll give the shop s call tomorrow and have them place an order.

Cheers.

Seriously...why didn't anyone warn me that modifying bikes is so addicting? Granted I've only done little things, but the plans I have for this winter...

Well I have another question. Just wondering if anyone knows the Pantone number (RGB, CYMK values) for the color scheme on the 2014 V7 Special. I was thinking of wrapping the wind screen to match the striping of the bike and breaking up the monotony of the midnight color.

I have a question about that Bonneville Thruxton seat cowl.....

What does it take to attach that puppy to a racer seat?

I've noticed those cowls on E bay for cheap.

The Triumph Thruxton cowling fits with the Racer seat and our Fender Kit, but the Racer seat protrudes down slightly below it as shown below. For the front turns, many use the Micro turns all the way around. They are SUPER bright. Also, the bar ends are cool too; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/motogadget-m-blaze-disc-turn-signals-copy/

View attachment 9209

View attachment 9210

So can you explain what must be done to attach that to a racer seat? I'm thinking about doing this. Funny this showed up because I was thinking about this a couple months ago. Didn't want to buy one and not be able to make it work on the back of my racer seat.

Back