• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

C1400 mod recommendations?

Smash Zilla

Just got it firing!
Hello
I'm new to the Guzzi world and have a few questions. I bought a 14 California Custom a few weeks ago and I love it. So what do you recommend to make this bike faster? Whats the overal cost going to be to do it correctly? Will it void my warranty? I like the look of my exhaust but would like it to be louder. If I had some custom work done to the existing exhaust, will it need to be reflashed? And finally has anyone ever come across a side mounted license plate mount for C14? Thank you again.

Yes it may void your warranty....It may depend on dealer...Check on it an also make sure dealer is reputable. My dealer
said no problem until I had a problem he could not fix. I did not have the mods on the bike..It had been removed for quite some time but MG said they would no longer honor the warranty...Just be careful!

If you want a fast bike, buy a fast bike..just my 2 cents.
The 1400 is fast for a big bike. You can make it smoother with a remap but I doubt it will make it much faster.

I have a ST1300 (700 lbs), I had a Valkyrie (760 lbs),I have a Diavel (500lbs) and a couple others.
The 1400 is a great bike. Air filter, pipes and remap will make it more enjoyable but "faster", won't make too big a difference, imo.
I am thoroughly enjoying my 1400.

Welcome to the Forum and Guzzi Famiglia. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry thread.
To answer your question on mods, yes it can make a substantial difference in power, throttle response and cooler running, see this thread; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gt-rx-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

As Mike says, warranty depends on your dealer. Some are good, some are not. Feel them out before you mod.
In general, the C14's are really reliable and outside of cosmetic issues. I've been running my fueling kit on Guzzis since '09 with zero issues, and Power Commanders as far back as '01 as I was part of their development.
Any questions, feel fee to write me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Thank you all for the advice. Since October 15th I've put 1100 miles on the bike. I have to say the more I ride the more I fall in love with it. I had a hayabusa and R1 and this still is more fun. I'm scraping th hell out of those for rests. I love it. I finally figured out how to switch through the modes. Manual didn't. Help. If I could change anything I would have smaller grips and maybe more resistance on the the throttle. I don't know if that can be changed since it fly by wire. All the years of engaging my core Ina sport bike it took me some time to relax and enjoy the ride. I am so happy with my purchase.

Hello
I'm new to the Guzzi world and have a few questions. I bought a 14 California Custom a few weeks ago and I love it. So what do you recommend to make this bike faster?

Buy a VMax instead. Oops, too late! But, then, you have owned some very powerful race replica type bikes already. If you want that kind of power and performance, nothing else will do.

Seriously, you bought a CRUISER. It is not intended to be the "giant killer". As MG designed it, it is plenty quick for it's intended purpose.

Thank you all for the advice. Since October 15th I've put 1100 miles on the bike. I have to say the more I ride the more I fall in love with it. I had a hayabusa and R1 and this still is more fun. I'm scraping th hell out of those for rests. I love it. I finally figured out how to switch through the modes. Manual didn't. Help. If I could change anything I would have smaller grips and maybe more resistance on the the throttle. I don't know if that can be changed since it fly by wire. All the years of engaging my core Ina sport bike it took me some time to relax and enjoy the ride. I am so happy with my purchase.

The additional resistance is a no go as far as I am aware. However, smaller grips are available compliments of the 2015 Aprilia Capanord. Sister company to MG and the Capanord uses the same right hand switch set as the California. The left grip is the same as a Griso. Order one of each and you have non heated grips that feel much more "sport bike".. Add a set of adjustable levers, available on this site, or Pazzo if you like. And the feel is much more sporty than the "cruiser" setup the bike came with.
Good Luck and welcome to the fun bunch.
Kirk

Buy a VMax instead. Oops, too late! But, then, you have owned some very powerful race replica type bikes already. If you want that kind of power and performance, nothing else will do.

Seriously, you bought a CRUISER. It is not intended to be the "giant killer". As MG designed it, it is plenty quick for it's intended purpose.
Yeah, it took me a few weeks to slow down and enjoy the ride. I'm so used to modifying and going as fast as I can I had to retrain my brain. Lol. I love the bike.

Hello
I'm new to the Guzzi world and have a few questions. I bought a 14 California Custom a few weeks ago and I love it. So what do you recommend to make this bike faster? Whats the overal cost going to be to do it correctly? Will it void my warranty? I like the look of my exhaust but would like it to be louder. If I had some custom work done to the existing exhaust, will it need to be reflashed? And finally has anyone ever come across a side mounted license plate mount for C14? Thank you again.

Welcome to the Cult!

The big Cali isn't fast by sport bike standards, but by 700lb cruiser standards it's a rocket. I've seen 120 mph indicated on my stock Custom.

The polished Agostinis look great on the Cali. I really like the looks of the stock pipes, but after seeing the Agostinis in person I may have to get them.

WRT 'going fast', get the Sport screen for your Custom - doesn't really change the looks a lot but makes a real difference at speed. It breaks enough wind to keep you from having to hang on for your life above 80 mph.

Make sure the dealer has the latest factory ECU flash installed. Makes a huge difference in low speed ride ability.

Welcome to the Cult!

The big Cali isn't fast by sport bike standards, but by 700lb cruiser standards it's a rocket. I've seen 120 mph indicated on my stock Custom.

The polished Agostinis look great on the Cali. I really like the looks of the stock pipes, but after seeing the Agostinis in person I may have to get them.

WRT 'going fast', get the Sport screen for your Custom - doesn't really change the looks a lot but makes a real difference at speed. It breaks enough wind to keep you from having to hang on for your life above 80 mph.

Make sure the dealer has the latest factory ECU flash installed. Makes a huge difference in low speed ride ability.
I was just looking at that Sport Screen on AF1, i actually like it. I hit 110 the other day and my chest felt like I was pushing a barndoor through a tornado. I like the Agostinos as well, I also saw that stepped up full system from GT-RX, looks clean, i would have like the muffler to be slashed cut. Thanks again for the info. Still thinking about a side mount plate.

Go the lafranconi exhaust. Keeps the same shape as stock. I put the sport screen on too and I think it improves the lines on the bike as well as the benefit of air flow at high speed.

Hi, I still had the extented handlebar bolts from a travelroad routeroller. The mounting plate in aluminum, i made myself. The standard wire from the zumo 590 is really long, so i connected direct to the battery. (with a fuse).
Grtz Rudy

Attachments

• P1010243.JPG
    P1010243.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 35
  • zumo 590 LM.jpg
    zumo 590 LM.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Is this your back yard (in the photo)? What is the location?
Not really Dave,
This is the Geiranger and the Sognefjord in Norway. I live in Belgium, we drove 6000 km. in 5 weeks.
Last year, the beast (thats the guzzi) carried us all the way to North Cape; more than 9000 km. in 6 weeks.
Grtz Rudy

Attachments

• 11035544_412496655623476_8205937900510157200_o.jpg
    11035544_412496655623476_8205937900510157200_o.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
This is the Geiranger and the Sognefjord in Norway. I live in Belgium, we drove 6000 km. in 5 weeks.

Rudy,

That looks like a beautiful area for riding. It reminds me a little of Ten Mile Pond in Newfoundland.

ten_mile_pond_2_600.jpg

I took a ride up there in 2014.

Back