• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2016 V7 II Racer "America"

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
An American based (only) paint scheme and limited production (1000 units they say) for the new Racer II. Very nicely done IMO.
I'll be landing one as soon as they arrive in September for the RentAGuzzi Fleet, and it will be fitted with the 820cc Big Bore and 4V heads. Should be thoroughly enjoyable then.

2016V7II Racer

If Guzzi used spoked rims that don't use tubes they would sell more bikes.
Why oh why do we still have tubed tyres in 2015?
Anyhow it will be interesting how the 820 kit goes.:D

So what do you think the HP gains are with those heads and bore? I'm sure the new clutch and transmission can deal with it.

So what do you think the HP gains are with those heads and bore?
Mike got 50 rwhp on stock bore and OEM-spec 4V heads. I'm shooting for upper 50's (targeting 60, ~40%+ increase in power) with the big bore, larger valves and head-flow work done, using the stock V7 cam. We're already looking into other cam options... stressing a reliable street build, not race, motor. Keeping in mind the stock big block Cal 1100 motor made ~60 rwhp as delivered, and weighed 550 lbs ready to ride.

Makes you wonder how far you can go with one of these motors considering this thing evolved from a 350cc bike from what I've read.

The drive shaft differential look plenty strong enough to me or as good as the old airhead beemers at least.

The light weight on this bike is surprising to me for a modern bike. Not many light bikes left these days.

A few questions:
Is the V7 America a Guzzi sanctioned model?

If so, same warranty as standard V7 II?

If not, What (if any) warranty?

Will Official Guzzi Dealers have parts & training to deal with bigger jugs and 4 valve heads?

'Geezer

A few questions:
Is the V7 America a Guzzi sanctioned model? If so, same warranty as standard V7 II? not, What (if any) warranty? Will Official Guzzi Dealers have parts & training to deal with bigger jugs and 4 valve heads?
Yes, it's an official model being sold by US dealers. Same warranty as all the others. Mine and one other so far will wear the 820cc pistons and 4V heads. They are not factory, nor warranty backed. Something about the paper the warranty is written on. ;)

Todd,
I haven't checked in lately. What's the latest on the 4V conversion kit?
Are you close to plug n play?

I haven't checked in lately. What's the latest on the 4V conversion kit?
Are you close to plug n play?
Very. Bikes running (video on the other thread). Just need to finalize the mapping.

Saw this in the 'metal' the day I picked up my 2014 last week. I have to confess I was underwhelmed by it, especially when you have the original next to it. It looks like a stone with a better paint job. I know that the 2016 comes with better everything, so to speak, I am just saying its a shame that they took away the chrome tank and chrome number 7's. It loses what made it special imho. In any case, its still a nice bike and honestly, if I had never seen the Racer as it "was", I'd be all over this.

Saw this in the 'metal' the day I picked up my 2014 last week. I have to confess I was underwhelmed by it, especially when you have the original next to it. It looks like a stone with a better paint job. I know that the 2016 comes with better everything, so to speak, I am just saying its a shame that they took away the chrome tank and chrome number 7's. It loses what made it special imho. In any case, its still a nice bike and honestly, if I had never seen the Racer as it "was", I'd be all over this.

Funny how 2 different people see the same thing so differently.

I CAN'T STAND the chrome tank or number plates. So this America version is SOOOOOO much nicer to me.

<shrugs>

An American based (only) paint scheme and limited production (1000 units they say) for the new Racer II. Very nicely done IMO.
I'll be landing one as soon as they arrive in September for the RentAGuzzi Fleet, and it will be fitted with the 820cc Big Bore and 4V heads. Should be thoroughly enjoyable then.

View attachment 8824
Same colours scheme available in Australia

If Guzzi used spoked rims that don't use tubes they would sell more bikes.
Why oh why do we still have tubed tyres in 2015?
Anyhow it will be interesting how the 820 kit goes.:D
I'm with you on the tube tyre spoked rims. They look nice but are a real pain if you get a puncture and they run hotter and wear faster

I personally prefer this design over the original V7R. I like the chrome tank and all, but the upkeep would be ridiculous. As for the number plates, I wish they would just do away with these altogether. A simple rear seat cowl and front wind screen (similar to the Dart fly screen) would look much cleaner.

I personally prefer this design over the original V7R. I like the chrome tank and all, but the upkeep would be ridiculous. As for the number plates, I wish they would just do away with these altogether. A simple rear seat cowl and front wind screen (similar to the Dart fly screen) would look much cleaner.

Why do you think the upkeep is difficult on the chrome? Had mine a year. Cleaner an wax and do not see it really any different from my old painted tanks.

What up-keep are you referring to? The chrome tank is the only bit that requires attention on regular basis. Its nothing that autosol wouldn't fix!

81RU6PXEl%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

As for the rest of the bike, it is no different maintenance wise to the new model. I am just curious, maybe I am missing something?

Back