• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bent rear brake pedal ?

Brooksie

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi Gurus,

I have managed to bend my rear brake pedal, whilst manoeuvring the bike into my shed (a week old now and there was much swearing indeeeeeeed )..........It is not twisted out of alignment, just knocked in about 20 mm. I have already brought it back about 10 mm, however, this required a fair amount of leverage..........so I thought I would seek advice from anyone who has done similar.........Before bending it back the rest of the way.

Anyway, perhaps I am 'over cautious,'..........but I do love it dearly and she has only 650 km on the clock.

Trapped in the 'Honeymoon Stage'

Brooksie

Last edited:
Yep, did the same! Definitely interested in any responses here. I was trying like heck to bend it back but it wouldn't budge! I quit before I snapped something!

Hi brooksie .
The same happened to me some time ago.
I ordered a replacement from " AF1 racing "in the US.
faster & cheaper than my local MG dealer.
after I fitted the new one ,I placed the bend one in the vice and was able to straighten it.
Being made of 'unobtainium ' it could have snapped ,so I got the replacement pedal before I messed with the damaged one.
Have a great Chrissie
J. B.

OK, Thanks for your advice guys..........I might it leave then. Perhaps I should task the mechanics with the challenge of correcting it at 1st service.........I did it on the second day of owning the bike, and it is not far off where it should be.......and not really an issue. Probably more so my 'OCD,' is........Cheers and thanks again.

Oh, All the best for Christmas too

Brooksie

Last edited:
Put the pivot end in a vice, remove the rubber-covered Toe-Piece.
Get a bar of ordinary household Soap, rub some onto the lever where you need to bend/straighten it.
Heat the area evenly with a Gas Torch, when the Soap deposits turn Dark Brown/Black, it's at the right temp to carefully bend/straighten without cracking/breaking.
Try not to put the Flame directly onto the Soap, at least not for too long.

Put the pivot end in a vice, remove the rubber-covered Toe-Piece.
Get a bar of ordinary household Soap, rub some onto the lever where you need to bend/straighten it.
Heat the area evenly with a Gas Torch, when the Soap deposits turn Dark Brown/Black, it's at the right temp to carefully bend/straighten without cracking/breaking.
Try not to put the Flame directly onto the Soap, at least not for too long.
OK, thanks for the tip !..............Seeing the bike is brand new, and still under warranty..........I might just leave it at present, just to be cautious. Cheers and much appreciated.

No worries.
Plenty of guides/tutorials on YT of course.
My Pedal has a slight inwards bend to it, I suspect it's a common thing given the weight of the Bike!

I dropped mine on the left side a couple of Days after I got it, not moving, but when 'paddling' it back into the Bike Sheds at work.
It caught me off-guard as I got off to put the Centre-Stand down (I always put the Side Stand down first now).
I caught it at about 45°, and could hold it there, but could neither get off, nor lift it back up. :whew:
Had to admit defeat and lower it gently onto the left Engine Bar and Bar-End.

No worries.
Plenty of guides/tutorials on YT of course.
My Pedal has a slight inwards bend to it, I suspect it's a common thing given the weight of the Bike!

I dropped mine on the left side a couple of Days after I got it, not moving, but when 'paddling' it back into the Bike Sheds at work.
It caught me off-guard as I got off to put the Centre-Stand down (I always put the Side Stand down first now).
I caught it at about 45°, and could hold it there, but could neither get off, nor lift it back up. :whew:
Had to admit defeat and lower it gently onto the left Engine Bar and Bar-End.

Indeed !...........I know exactly what you mean, I think several veins have been ejected from my forehead, bringing it back to the upright position whilst 'shuffling,' her around the yard/shed !........I too, have quickly learnt that the side stand MUST GO DOWN FIRST !......Cheers and thanks again

Brookise

It's all down to practice.
Getting it into my Garage/Workshop was a real pain for the first 10-11 weeks.
It's a sharp (full-lock) reverse-in manoeuvre off a grass/dirt track (nice and slippy when wet), with a slight dip down, then a small 3" step-up over the threshold (I'v since put a small ramp in).
About a week ago I did it in one continuous movement, you should have seen the grin on my face! :D
Beforehand, it was back-and-forth, left-and-right, struggling like a Bi*ch!

It's all down to practice.
Getting it into my Garage/Workshop was a real pain for the first 10-11 weeks.
It's a sharp (full-lock) reverse-in manoeuvre off a grass/dirt track (nice and slippy when wet), with a slight dip down, then a small 3" step-up over the threshold (I'v since put a small ramp in).
About a week ago I did it in one continuous movement, you should have seen the grin on my face! :D
Beforehand, it was back-and-forth, left-and-right, struggling like a Bi*ch!
I think you may have 'Bike Shed Cam,' on my joint !.............Very similar circumstances here. The Enfield I can cruise in with my eyes shut, however, the Stelvio seems like a 'Monster Truck,' ............but, I must admit , it is getting easier. Compounding my scenario, is the shed door is just an oversized door, 980mm in width !!......Anyhow, you just have to love a challenge ????......Perhaps ?

Cheers

My Garage Door opening is around 4" wider than the Mirrors on my Stelvio.
I actually have double Doors, but there's a load of stuff stashed behind the other one!

Back