• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

I would not buy this on principle that it has a Hardley Ableson style teardrop tank.

Looks like a half-arsed attempt. Hopefully the production version will look like a Guzzi.

I would not buy this on principle that it has a Hardley Ableson style teardrop tank. Looks like a half-arsed attempt. Hopefully the production version will look like a Guzzi.
The pictures and video will be what it looks like. There's many elements I don't like, the tank being highest on the list. I don't know how you take a top seller and do this with it, but I'm now well beyond the "new demographic" they are likely trying to attract with this bike. I had high hopes for a retro-cool H2o V13 LeMans, but that seems to have fizzled for now. I'm not a 1400 rider either, so for now, Guzzi has very little I'm personally interested in, though I do love my Stelvio still.
My 1380 Cal11/Griso merger build wearing V7 clothes should be quite fun.
So frustrating they never brought the Bellagio in based in the ease of retro-fitting the V7 tank, but oh well, I'll build and offer my own... Along with the V7/9 for those so interested.

The pictures and video will be what it looks like. There's many elements I don't like, the tank being highest on the list. I don't know how you take a top seller and do this with it, but I'm now well beyond the "new demographic" they are likely trying to attract with this bike. I had high hopes for a retro-cool H2o V13 LeMans, but that seems to have fizzled for now. I'm not a 1400 rider either, so for now, Guzzi has very little I'm personally interested in, though I do love my Stelvio still.
So frustrating they never brought the Bellagio in based in the ease of retro-fitting the V7 tank, but oh well, I'll build and offer my own... Along with the V7/9 for those so interested.

I think I hear what you're saying mate. For me (as a general Ducati/Guzzi fan) I fell in love with the V11 sport (the only machine in existence i'd buy in lime yellow/green with red frame) and of course the similar style of the V7's.

I lost interest in Ducati's since they moved to the Testastretta motor although the recent-ish aircooled Monsters (1100/796) are still wonderful machines in my humble view as they retain the Desmodromic engine.

Maybe in another 30 years we will scoff at the latest light-cycles whilst polishing our Guzzi's in the living room ;)

Oh, and Happy New Year folks !

Is that head going to clear that big tank? Looks close on that photo shop picture. Hard to tell. I guess the tank can always be lifted somehow or the motor lowered one.

I'm with you on this one. I'm not liking some of this new stuff. I think the V7 is such a good looking bike and don't teally understand what they are doing or going after with these other bikes. The Yamaha Bolt and Sportster maybe. I don't see why they feel they need to go after those bikes. I don't think the people buying those things would be interested in a Guzzi. Guzzi is very much a nitch bike, don't think it could ever get broad appeal, and if it did, they can't produce the numbers with that 50's assembly process they still use.

Not sure what all the dogging on the V9 is about. They're growing on me a lot. Guzzi is still making the best looking bikes out there. Put new lower profile mirrors and GT-Rx it up with new exhaust, fueling, suspension, etc., and 4 valve heads if you want and you have a sweet looking lil cruiser/commuter that has plenty of power. I'm realizing more and more that this horsepower chase is just stupid. 99% of daily riding for most people does not require the horsepower people think they need. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of those thoughts too from time to time. It's like the truck argument: mall crawlers with 6.7 liter diesels. Plus it's more fun to push a smaller bike to the limits and ring it out through the gears. Shit, off topic...

Not sure what all the dogging on the V9 is about. They're growing on me a lot.
My original comment was just on how they can take their best seller to date, and change it. It's not a power thing, it's a styling thing, hence why I'll be offering a turn key V7/9, which is the look of the V7, with the V9 motor (a V9 fitted with V7 bodywork)... along with an order sheet of options for everything I offer. ;)

My original comment was just on how they can take their best seller to date, and change it. It's not a power thing, it's a styling thing, hence why I'll be offering a turn key V7/9, which is the look of the V7, with the V9 motor (a V9 fitted with V7 bodywork)... along with an order sheet of options for everything I offer. ;)

Oh I hear ya Todd...I got off topic and starting addressing other crowds that have nothing to do with this forum..haha. I'm still not even completely sold on the V9 to be honest, but it has potential and can be modded to look pretty slick I think. Don't like the fat front tire on the Bobber though, not for me.

I don't know...there's something I like about the roamer, more so than the bobber...pretty classy, no?

V9 roamer V9 roamer2

I personally don't care for the styling of either bike. I really tried, thought they would grow on me. I think the only way I can explain it, is that both versions of the V9 have strange proportions. At least that is what I see. I would at first glance think they are ok, but then it occurs to me that Guzzi could have done much more. Some thing like this maybe:

I know a lot of people will really like the V9, I hope Guzzi sells a bunch of them. Just not my cup of tea...

I personally don't care for the styling of either bike. I really tried, thought they would grow on me. I think the only way I can explain it, is that both versions of the V9 have strange proportions. At least that is what I see. I would at first glance think they are ok, but then it occurs to me that Guzzi could have done much more. Some thing like this maybe:
View attachment 9585

I know a lot of people will really like the V9, I hope Guzzi sells a bunch of them. Just not my cup of tea...

Ok. I am a bit old and slow to buy one of these but that is gorgeous.

P1020285_zpsjqkh1ekl.jpg

a1_zps9gymmhrf.jpg

Some enterprising guy in the USA might think of buying up a few Bellagios in the UK or Europe, importing them to the States and doing what I've done with mine. (or not. The cruiser style suits a lot of Yanks.) Good business idea?

Screw the Bobber and the Roamer. Wouldn't touch them with condom on.

MCN said about the Bellagio:
Ride Quality & Brakes 4 out of 5
The Moto Guzzi Bellagio is far better than your average custom. The Bellagio has decent suspension, brakes and tyres, steers sweetly yet is comfortable and smooth and is a pleasure to hustle around. It’ll run rings around a Harley Sportster, for example.

Engine 4 out of 5
Outwardly nothing new, but the Moto Guzii Bellagio's 940 displacement gives the lie. Based on the smaller (and now modernised with Guzzi’s CARC anti-reaction shaft drive plus glitchless fuel injection) the big bore V-twin manges that rare feat of being both flexible and zesty. A peach, albeit a heavy one.

Build Quality & Reliability 4 out of 5
Just a few years ago Guzzi’s quality was rightly damned and their reliability wasn’t much to shout about either – that’s all changed under, firstly Aprilia and no Piaggio ownership. Quality of the Moto Guzzi Bellagio is up there with (almost) the best from Italy and recent bikes have had no reliability woes worth mentioning.
  • 935cc - 74 bhp
  • 45 mpg - 155 miles range
  • Low seat height (780mm)
Who would want a V9?

Last edited:
Press Launch in Mandello is happening now. I was shunned yet again.
Quick blip posting I caught online just now HERE.

A single Brembo front disc is employed which stops well but, upon hard or stabbing lever action, causes a slight pull to the right.
Amateur.

Waiting for words from my good friends at either Cycle World or Motorcycle.com to post.

Press Launch in Mandello is happening now. I was shunned yet again.
Quick blip posting I caught online just now HERE.

Hopefully there will be a more in-depth review coming with some video. Have you ever seen any of Revzilla's video bike reviews? Their production value is top notch. Other companies could learn from them.

Back