• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Setting the clutch

Welcome to the club. I think it is really your bike now.
Did you set the adjuster at the clutch lever in so that you had more adjustment available once the adjuster down at the trans was adjusted?

Yes i adjusted the adjuster all in. And as you said , yes , now i feel that i m begining to know the bike better. The nice things about these bikes is that sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. So much character... :)

Yes i adjusted the adjuster all in. And as you said , yes , now i feel that i m begining to know the bike better. The nice things about these bikes is that sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. So much character... :)
clever tool solution dabrucru, in proper Guzzi style! Thanks all for covering the transmission side clutch cable adjustment.:happy:

When I got my bike new the play at the grip was already out to almost max from the factory. I had to go down and take the slack out behind the transmission with that other adjustment. It was a pain to access and adjust. Hope I never end up having to do that job again. I end up taking out all the slack I could get out and then adjusted a little up at the grip. I think if you do that once you probably would never need to do that again until you replace the clutch cable.

i m 'fabricating' a tool for this adjusting screw... i took a small kitchen knife and cut a slot with a grinder...i cut a slot at a random measurment, 2mm see how it goes...anothe cable adjuster would have solved all this hassle.....ok ok part of guzzi character ;)
I just used a small pair of needle nose pliers for that adjustment. Once you get that slack out down there, you will probably never need to do that adjustment again, unless you replace the clutch cable.

All this talk of adjusting the clutch at the transmission got me giddy to do it myself, so this afternoon I gave it a go.

I turned the adjuster on the clutch lever side all the way in for maximum slack, backed the lock nut on the transmission side adjuster out a couple turns,then used a very small adjustable/crescent wrench to turn the skinny rectangular adjuster. dabrucru's guess of 2mm width of the adjuster is pretty accurate, according to the engraved scale on my wrench:rock:

I turned it clockwise just a little less than half a full turn, which left about 6 or so mm free play on the clutch lever at the handle bars.

I tightened the lock nut, turned the adjuster barrel on the clutch lever side out a couple turns to get the free play down to approx 2mm, and went out for a test ride and enjoyed a job well done!

Tools used:
13mm combo wrench
small adjustable/crescent wrench

Too easy! ;)

All this talk of adjusting the clutch at the transmission got me giddy to do it myself, so this afternoon I gave it a go.

I turned the adjuster on the clutch lever side all the way in for maximum slack, backed the lock nut on the transmission side adjuster out a couple turns,then used a very small adjustable/crescent wrench to turn the skinny rectangular adjuster. dabrucru's guess of 2mm width of the adjuster is pretty accurate, according to the engraved scale on my wrench:rock:

I turned it clockwise just a little less than half a full turn, which left about 6 or so mm free play on the clutch lever at the handle bars.

I tightened the lock nut, turned the adjuster barrel on the clutch lever side out a couple turns to get the free play down to approx 2mm, and went out for a test ride and enjoyed a job well done!

Tools used:
13mm combo wrench
small adjustable/crescent wrench

Too easy! ;)
Admit it..you felt that little pride deep down...i feel that doing these small adjustments brings me 'closer' to the bike

Admit it..you felt that little pride deep down...i feel that doing these small adjustments brings me 'closer' to the bike
definitely, everything you do for your bike brings you closer to your bike. I learn more about how the different systems work with each other, a little bit more about what the designer and builders were thinking, and there is always the pride that comes from taking care of business:cool:

Back