• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7II Custom Rearsets

stuggin

Just got it firing!
Hey all,

Seems to be a pretty good community here for the V7 so I thought I'd post up a little project that I made. When I bought my V7II, no one was making rearsets at the time for it (and from what I can see, that's still the case), and I didn't want the extra flash and chrome on the Racer. So, I started collecting parts to build my own. I figured that I'd get a set of universal pegs & levers and linkages, and build the mounting plate myself. This is what I decided on:
I cut the mounting plates out of 1/4" steel using a plasma cutter. After some cleanup with the grinder and drilling the holes with the drill press, I had something. Slapped it on the bike, fits perfect. Did a little mucking around with the linkages, and then it was all done in about four or five hours. Tested it out and it looks & works great.

I've attached the PDF template of the mounting plates that I made on AutoCAD. If you print it out to scale (i.e. 100% scale, not "Fit to Page" or anything like that) on your printer everything should work out pretty well. FYI I drilled the holes a little bigger than what's shown on the template to make sure everything would fit well.

In case you were wondering, I don't have a template for the bit that attaches to the shift lever; that was kind of a guessing game as the linkage had a minimum length so I had to play with the angles a bit.

You'll need a little bit of hardware (i.e. nuts & bolts, etc), and a spring for the return on the rear brake.

I've still got to put in a stop for the rear brake so it doesn't go back too far and pop the piston out, and the plates need paint, but they're mostly done. I've attached photos of the (mostly) finished product FYI.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Attachments

• REARSETS.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 13
Nice work. I love to see this sort of craftmanship.

I'm wondering if a simple heel-plate would complete the set?

Thanks for posting.

Looking at this it appears the pegs do not fold. If they hit the ground first in a corner this could get ugly. I have been there at slower speeds on mini bikes. My Norge centerstand touched down first and the back end stepped out on me. I managed to save it and when I got home after I removed the seat cover from my posterior I then removed the center stand till I modified the stop and installed a new rear shock.

I'm thinking the same thing, is that spring pulling the brake on? Those fixed pegs could get ugly.

Nice work just need to get the pegs to fold up for safety reasons.

Seems to be a pretty good community here for the V7 so I thought I'd post up a little project that I made. When I bought my V7II, no one was making rearsets at the time for it (and from what I can see, that's still the case), ...

I'm in the process of working with AF1 to get the V7 rearsets to work on the V7 II. I think I'm there,but have yet to get it all assembled. Basically, the shifter shaft that goes through the frame, P/N GU32251610 in the kit, needs to be replaced with P/N 2B001009 from the V7 II Racer. You also need to omit the washers for that shaft that come with the kit. I'll let you know if there are any other changes.

Am I looking at it wrong, or is the return spring actually pulling the brake "on".
You're definitely looking at it right. Like I said, haven't put the stopper bolt on yet, so I just wanted to make sure that the piston didn't pop out. It's only temporary.

Agreed re: fixed vs. fold-up pegs. Really liked the looks of these sets so I'm trying to figure out a way to add a hinge on to them. Shouldn't be a big deal.

correct they do not fold but they do move your feet back 3" and raise them 5/8"

I have yet to scrape them. Only installed them last month though.

You guys be careful with those non folding pegs. I had an old Triumph and the pegs didn't fold on those bikes, never had an issue, but did touch them down a couple times. It will make the rear tire go light.

You guys be careful with those non folding pegs. I had an old Triumph and the pegs didn't fold on those bikes, never had an issue, but did touch them down a couple times. It will make the rear tire go light.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll slash cut them on the underside.

The only problem I see with the 45 degree cut is you will remove any rubber from the touch down point. At least the rubber will give a little first before lifting the rear giving a bit of warning. Maybe remove the rubber, cut the 45 on the metal stem, then reinstall the rubber? No real knowledge here, just thinking out loud.

The only problem I see with the 45 degree cut is you will remove any rubber from the touch down point. At least the rubber will give a little first before lifting the rear giving a bit of warning. Maybe remove the rubber, cut the 45 on the metal stem, then reinstall the rubber? No real knowledge here, just thinking out loud.

I think he was referring to my post about my LSL aluminum rearsets. But he could have been referring to both I guess.

If you have some rubber on the bottom that would give a warning as would happen on my old Triumph.... but on those metal ones I would do the 45 degree cut. It's amazing how much a cut like that will give you as far as touch down point. Often you can't touch them down again.

Quick question (new rider since October '15), how easy is it to touch the peg down with regular riding? I could imagine that one would touch the peg down easily when riding aggressively, but how often would that happened under normal conditions? Is it one of those "better safe than sorry" things?

Back