• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

All the best guys...

Steve uk

Tuned and Synch'ed
Well...To cut a long story short, my 8v has now been sold back to the store and to be honest I'm glad to see the back of it.

Given the grief I've had with this machine + the losses I've had to absorb, etc I shan't be buying another one, nor shall I be visiting that particular store again. What a sad debacle it had become.

Never mind, dust myself off and move onto other things and another bike, which I hope will prove a far better choice.

I just hope you all get the niggles fixed, have fun with your rides.

Ride safe

Cheers,

Steve

Good luck Steve. Let us know what bike you get.

I'd also be interested to hear the dealers name!

Steve, no one can blame you for throwing in the towel... sometimes happens with being the guinea pig for the first model run/type. Be forewarned though that this exists with nearly all manufacturers. Add to the fact that they now want to crack down on those who spread the word (see my "4V recall info - READ" thread I just posted in the main section), and you really do have to scratch your head.

If history repeats itself, one day you will find yourself back on a Guzzi. They have an addiction like no other drug. ;)

Happy trails.

Guys,

Thanks for your thoughts ;)

Geordie,

I guess if you hunt through my previous mails you'd find the dealers name, but I've PM'ed you the name anyway. There's a whole list of things I could have a moan about, but at this juncture...It's all just bad history, so need to let it all go.

Todd,

Yeah I might well buy another one in the future....It'll be quite a while though, having had my fingers burned badly. The irony is that if I'd not bought the 8v and still had the 1100...We'd not be having this conversation. BTW do you still have the article on the speedo sensors I wrote? If not, let me know and I email you another copy. I also got a spare re-potted sensor here, if anyone in the uk wants it, gimme a shout and I'll post it. Can't guarantee what condition it's in, but given how the standard sensors behave...It might last a bit longer ;)

Oh...Next bike has already been sourced, picking it up in a couple of weeks, which compared to the 5 week wait to the cams sorted is easy time, lol :lol:

Cheers,

S

Pah! That Brit bike will leak oil and all those horses will wreck the chain.... and ... and.. I want one ;-)

Enjoy!

Steve, Sorry to hear about your Guzzi. The Triumph is quite a nice ride. I had a 97' T-595 and it was great.
I converted it into an Speed triple and loved it. It's gone now.
I did demo a Sreet triple 675 last weekend and all I can say is WOW!!!! Light,powerful and comfortable.
If you get a chance ride one. Cheers.

Lol Geordie, I'll have to get used to having a chain again ;)

Guzziman,

I didn't really have time on the day. Next time I'm over there I'll try one out, though I thought they looked a bit small for my frame.

klaas123,

Is it in for the cam followers?

Todd,

I just read the bit you posted '4v READ', I'm as baffled as you. Is it a bad sign if you wake up in the morning, find the front end of a Griso in your bed? :laugh: :laugh:

im shocked the dealer as a good name but have not given you full support ,all the best

Steve uk wrote:
klaas123,

Is it in for the cam followers?
[/quote]

Yes Steve, it died in december with only 700km on the speedometer (a record?) :dry:
Parts will be in "soon" I think because yesterday I received a letter from the Dutch importer telling me to contact my dealer for the recall (bike is of course already a few months @ the dealer) :)

klaas123,

IIRC my first set went at about the same time...Not fun :(

So did they stick another set in? Please don't tell me your dealer has had your bike since december!? :blink:

johnno,

The dealer always gave good support, in that they were always happy to take the bike in and fix it. Despite this I was very much left with the impression that I was expected to have to live with a machine that kept going wrong, or performed poorly. I even tried to impress that the bike was not a summer toy, had been my main form transport and even tho they were happy to lend me a bike...I could never seem to convince that the bike should be in 'my' garage and not ending back up in theirs...At one point, early on the store had put more miles on it than I had.

The straw that finally broke the camels back was(Apart from the five week wait), even though I had complained on many occasions about the cold starting behaviour and had demonstrated it to a memeber of staff who'd come to collect it, I was told that I'd just have to stand there for a few minutes and hold it on the throttle, until it had warmed up enough for it to tick over on its own. Strange..I always thought the ECU was supposed raise the rpm enough to keep the bike running, when cold. BTW the 1100 never had this problem...

Cheers,

S

Steve uk wrote:
The straw that finally broke the camels back was(Apart from the five week wait), even though I had complained on many occasions about the cold starting behaviour and had demonstrated it to a memeber of staff who'd come to collect it, I was told that I'd just have to stand there for a few minutes and hold it on the throttle, until it had warmed up enough for it to tick over on its own. Strange..I always thought the ECU was supposed raise the rpm enough to keep the bike running, when cold. BTW the 1100 never had this problem...
Sond like a simple stepper motor problem, or blocked airway to it.
Seems your dealer did not have the knowledge to sort it out.

Back