• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Wiring connectors

The green gps plus, is a tyco part. It is used in bmw /audi mercedes cars for things as wiper heating.
Micro-Quadlock-System (MQS) series

male housing:
p1000468-4418270699221093866.JPG

I just chopped mine off, and grafted on a SAE connector, my choice for motorcycle ancillary connection. I did leave enough cable to graft it on to another SAE connector should I ever have the need to use the original connection.

I just chopped mine off, and grafted on a SAE connector, my choice for motorcycle ancillary connection. I did leave enough cable to graft it on to another SAE connector should I ever have the need to use the original connection.

That's what I did Dave, I bought a Tom Tom but it came with just two bare wires, couldn't find one with the Guzzi connector already fitted.

So got the Tom Tom set up no problems except for one detail. Under Trip Statistics it permanently records maximum speed every time I go for a ride with apparently no way to delete it apart from doing a complete reset. Why would I want a device that records my maximum speed every time I go for a ride in a state where I can be fined for being 3kph over the limit. if this can't be fixed I have a brand new Tom Tom Rider 400 for sale. Does any one know if Garmins have this stupid feature? or know of a way to disable it?

You only have to reset the trip statistics. I never tried to turn it off so not sure if you can. My other GPS units are Garmin and they also record max speed. I have never found a police officer who would look at it. A Norge has this feature built right into the instrument unit. I can see if this can be turned off for you but as of now it is not a worry for me.

You only have to reset the trip statistics. I never tried to turn it off so not sure if you can. My other GPS units are Garmin and they also record max speed. I have never found a police officer who would look at it. A Norge has this feature built right into the instrument unit. I can see if this can be turned off for you but as of now it is not a worry for me.

John & Rudy,

I have a Garmin (550 Zumo) and it does record max speed, but can be easily reset. Regarding the police officer issue, I am pretty sure that in the U.S. they would need a court order to look at any information on your GPS without your permission.

Back