• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ECU Error Code 054 Griso 8V SE 2010

Cousin Pete

Just got it firing!
Can anyone help ? Bike kinda misses once then a short time after cuts out. Coast to a stop, then it won't restart. Service message on dash. After 15 mins it starts again. ECU Error 054 also DSB 07 & 08 not active but in memo column. This is a real botherment, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error codes listed here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/error-codes-for-5am-ecus.7966/

54 is a dashboard error. My guess is a RFID communication issue to the key. Search Carmo electronics and send them an email. You are using one of the factory keys, correct?

DSB07/08 are oil pressure flags when the bike doesn't start. Non issue, so clear them if you can, or do so using a diagnostic tool or the dealer.

Thanks for your prompt replies, Yes definitely using key supplied with bike, I will try the other unused one and see if that makes any difference. Also will check connectors tight and clean. Nothing worse than conking out and watching others wave past. Does anyone from Moto Guzzi input into this forum?

Happy to, and no they don't participate.

Howdy Again, Does anyone know where exactly the fall sensor on Griso is located. Still trying to find out why i' m conking out all the frustrating time.
This machine just cuts out, maybe one hiccup shortly before then cuts out. Wait ten minutes then whallah action agin for a short while or maybe longer. I'm thinking it might be on of the safety sensors (fall?) Although not actually sure. I have taken apart most connectors and sprayed with CRC -226 Electrical / Electronic Lubricant Dispersant spray.Including the dash/speedo & ECU. I am not that happy.

The bank angle sensor should be under the seat where all the relays are located. It is on a pigtail and is a rectangular brick. According to the service manual, it is a normally open switch so disconnecting it should eliminate it from shutting the bike down. Shouldn't be the problem, but might.

Thanks John I will try that tommorow. I am nearly over this problem, I asked my M G dealer to plug Axone in , but apparently nothing showed up. Any other suggestions. Would the speedo normally tell you if fall sensor activates? Kind Regards Cousin Pete 0427824009

This type of issue is prevalent on V7's with a failing cam sensor. You should get the bike to a service center that can read the ECU and help diagnose. If the issue is consistent and runs for a short time each time, I'd look into the internal fuel pump hose/filter as well.

Thanks John I will try that tommorow. I am nearly over this problem, I asked my M G dealer to plug Axone in , but apparently nothing showed up. Any other suggestions. Would the speedo normally tell you if fall sensor activates? Kind Regards Cousin Pete 0427824009

I would be surprised if Axone is up to date. The latest dealer tool to my knowledge is PADS. I believe it is a bit more user friendly than Axone. I've used an Axone unit and it is pretty primitive. All you should get when a sensor fails is an error code in the diagnostic menu, and possibly a service icon would be active. You stated this to be the case in your first post. It is beginning to sound like a failing dash unit. I hope it isn't, but it is becoming a real possibility. You really wont know for sure until it fails and will not restart. Intermittent problems are the worst as you can only find the fault once the item has failed permanently, or you get lucky and find it during a failure.

On my Griso 1100 the Fall (Bank Angle or Tip Over) Sensor is attached to the frame behind the head.

The bike would run with it disconnected.

Brian

Thanks Brian, You are absolutely right, I just rode 265 km's from Port Lincoln to Whyalla South Aust.Including one fuel stop, No issues at all, went to return 2 hrs later, little red triangle, Service Warning and no start. Pulled tail section apart, checked all connections and tested and swapped around relays. Looked for fall sensor ,finally found it where you suggested. Ignition on,split fall sensor connectors and reconnected, then the stupid thing started, only to conk out 5 km's later.Bike still rolling let clutch out, it restarted and I rode 265 km's home no issue. Next step, i need to pull fall sensor out for a look/test !!!!!
Green Goozie givin me the shits , but I will be an expert by the time I'm done. Not enough info out there on how to check which ECU and Dash inputs required and what / how the errors are related. Smoke and Mirrors for the peasants. Again many thanks for forum inputs. Sincerely Cousin Pete 0427824009

Back