• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Shropshire UK dealer advice wanted

Jenko

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Just bought my second Guzzi. my first was a 750T back when they weren't so hip! Just got a new V7ii Racer. I live in Shropshire and wonder if any of you have any advice re dealers.
I've always serviced my own bikes, but as this is new, I'll have to use a dealer til warranty expires. There is a dealer near Dudley but I'm not impressed with their phone manner so far when I've spoken to them. I just asked for an itemised break-down of what's in the first 600 mile service, as they're charging over £200 for it! Didn't think that was an unreasonable request!
All I'm after is someone who can stamp the book, keep the warranty ticking over, and also do any ECU updates that might be needed, at least for the first 10,ooo miles or so. After that I'll do it myself, it's pretty simple.
Doesn't have to be a Guzzi official dealer, just someone who can do the updates really.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Jenko.

We are not exactly flush with Guzzi dealers in the UK, but compared with other countries, you don't have to travel hundreds of miles to find one.
I guess that dealer was Quarry Bank.
Your nearest alternative, depending on where in Shropshire you live, would be Streffords of Worcester.

Thanks for the advice. I'd got Streffords on my list, but I was hoping someone would give me some idea of what they're like to deal with. It's about an hour and 40 minutes to get the bike there as I'll have to trailer it to keep the engine cold for the valve clearance checks. Didn't want to get all the way there only to find that they're as bad as certain other places I've bypassed to get there!
It may well be that I end up going to the nearest one in the end anyway, but that's only 15 minutes closer.
It's a real shame that Guzzi don't invest some more time in getting dealers in place here in UK. It does influence a lot of people when they buy a new bike. I know that most of us don't buy new bikes most of the time, but it's how bike manufacturers stay in business.

Can you get the people you bought it off to stamp the book as and when if you buy the service bits from them?
At least you know it's done properly. If not I've never heard anything bad about Streffords. As for the ecu, if it's anything like my stelvio send it to Todd and get it reflashed. I wished I'd done mine sooner, hell of an improvement.

I doubt very much if the original dealer will stamp the book, I've never known one do that. I'll probably try Streffords.
Regarding the ecu reflashing, I'm not really sure what that is all about. If it's anything like my Bonneville, I bought a download program from Triumph Twin Power, installed it on my laptop, and plugged my laptop into my bike after changing the exhaust, airbox and filter, and removing the AIS and O2 sensors. It eventually made a big difference, but the techno hassle was a pain in the butt. I hate computers at the best of times. My bikes are my de-stressing tools, and messing around with laptops and computer programs is the exact opposite of that for me! I sort of decided that with the Guzzi, I'll leave the engine alone, and just service it, thus hopefully trying to remove the need for complicated procedures with computers! Surely the servicing with the dealers for the warranty period will sort put any ecu updates? Or am I being a bit naive there?

I doubt very much if the original dealer will stamp the book, I've never known one do that. I'll probably try Streffords.
Regarding the ecu reflashing, I'm not really sure what that is all about. If it's anything like my Bonneville, I bought a download program from Triumph Twin Power, installed it on my laptop, and plugged my laptop into my bike after changing the exhaust, airbox and filter, and removing the AIS and O2 sensors. It eventually made a big difference, but the techno hassle was a pain in the butt. I hate computers at the best of times. My bikes are my de-stressing tools, and messing around with laptops and computer programs is the exact opposite of that for me! I sort of decided that with the Guzzi, I'll leave the engine alone, and just service it, thus hopefully trying to remove the need for complicated procedures with computers! Surely the servicing with the dealers for the warranty period will sort put any ecu updates? Or am I being a bit naive there?

Jenko, I had Todd reflash the ECU on my new Stelvio last fall. He already did my Norge that peceeded the Stelvio. Both of those bikes seemed pretty good to me factory stock. But both had little issues related to fueling. Minor hesitations, reluctance to run through certain rpm ranges, uneven idles. All of the issues seemed minor until the Guzzitech reflash. Once the issues were gone, I appreciated how annoying they really were. This machine now performs like a blast from the past when motor vehicles ran properly. I would like to tell you it is much more powerful and fast. It certainly feels that way. But it just may be that it isn't so balky and uneven. Anyway, it was money WELL spent and, if you decide to go that route, I can't imagine you being anything but happy. Garwood.

Streffords are not only fairly local to you but are one of the best Guzzi dealers in the UK there are so you have no worries on that score.

Thanks Litch, it's reassuring to hear good feedback about a dealer. I've always done my own servicing so I've never had to deal with a dealer. Have you had much to do with Streffords?
Jenko

Unfortunately I didn't buy my Stelvio from them but that was my own fault.

2-years ago I was looking at replacing my BMW GS and the Stelvio was top of the list but no-one around here had a demo bike available so I made the 100-mile trip across to Streffords in the freezing cold rain (just after new year 2014). They were the nicest people you could meet and I loved the bike but felt that it was a little too far to go for servicing etc so I thanked them very much and chose to purchase from dealer more local to me. Unfortunately that turned out to be a major mistake as they had no customer care skills and problems with the bike were ignored so in the end I ended up at Twiggers in Loughborough (who have been fantastic), Loughborough is still a trek from me but located on a railway mainline so I can leave the bike with them and get the train home so it can be serviced at leisure.

My experience with Streffords is from meeting them and since then from chatting to and meeting other satisfied customers (some of whom travel a lot further than the 100-miles I was going to do).
If I were to replace the Stelvio with another or was going to buy a V7 for my wife I would now have the choice of two dealers that I felt I could trust (Streffords or Twiggers) and would be happy to entrust the bikes to either of them.

Ok, thanks for that.
If anyone on here has anything positive to say about QB bikes in Dudley, it would be good to hear. It's a bit nearer than Streffords, but at least now I know of at least one dealer I can trust my bike to, until the warranty expires.
Thanks.
Jenko.

Just to update anyone interested in dealer info . . . I took the Racer to QB in Dudley on a trailer so they could get straight on with the valve clearances and 600 miles service without waiting for it to cool. No ECU updates needed, and it cost £199. Make sure you get that in writing before you go!
The mechanic was a decent lad, very helpful, willing to describe exactly what had been done, and helped me to put it back on the trailer afterwards, even though it was his lunch break.
Can't really report anything negative about QB, and they have been in business for a long time, so that must count for something.
Only problem for me was the nightmare 2 hour bike on the trailer journey to get there through the snarled up gridlock that is known as Dudley, but I can hardly blame QB for that!
It's a real pity that Guzzi don't have more dealers dotted about. I know a couple of people who have chosen other bike brands purely because they like to get their bikes dealer serviced, and there are no local ones.
I did originally book the bike in with Streffords, but as I drive past QB to get there, and it's another half hour on the journey each way, I changed my mind.
For the next services, until the warranty expires, I'll take it to Staffordshire Triumph as they're local to me. I've used them for stuff on my Bonneville and they're really friendly and their prices are reasonable. I have to say though, this is purely a logistical decision, and not because I had a bad experience with QB.
Dunno if this is of any use to anyone, but thought I'd share my dealership experience with you.
Jenkins.

Back