• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Just got the call from MG North America

BigRed

Tuned and Synch'ed
Received a personal call from Moto Guzzi North America and was informed that the Camshafts and Tappats (spelling) just cleared customs today. They are shipping replacements to my dealer tomorrow and would like me to get to the dealer asap. Apparently, they feel the current ones will effect the life of my bike and want to replace them immediatly.

Although it is a pain in the arse to address this right now, I appreciate Moto Guzzi's priority, focus, and customer service regarding this. According to the person that called me, they have 70 calls to make and are trying to do the right thing for their customers and the brand.

BigRed wrote:
Received a personal call from Moto Guzzi North America and was informed that the Camshafts and Tappats (spelling) just cleared customs today. They are shipping replacements to my dealer tomorrow and would like me to get to the dealer asap. Apparently, they feel the current ones will effect the life of my bike and want to replace them immediatly.

Although it is a pain in the arse to address this right now, I appreciate Moto Guzzi's priority, focus, and customer service regarding this. According to the person that called me, they have 70 calls to make and are trying to do the right thing for their customers and the brand.

My dealer emailed me last night to tell me the same thing. I bought and paid for the bike on the 3/3, it has been sitting in his shop since then, I really don't want the top end going south and all those little bits of metal traveling through the oiling system. He said he hopes to have the parts this Friday or next Monday. Maybe, just maybe I will have the bike on 4/4 :lol: , hell I go down and visit and droll on the thing every weekend. I have even been adding farkles as funds allow.

I couldn't resist and picked mine up a few weeks ago. Now has a few miles and back to the shop she goes!! Oh, well!!!!

Got the call today.

Parts are headed to the dealer.

Zero mile bikes get fixed AFTER the 'with miles' kits go out.

Got my call today as well. If only I wasn't 1500 miles away from my bike...

This really is top notch customer service.

lucky you im waiting 6 weeks and counting since i got the letter..anybody else in Europe waiting for parts?

Exuse my ignorence but for those of you that have had this problem with the cam followers on the Stelvio's, what is the actual problem. How would I know if my cam followers are bad?

Thanks.

Put half a dozen 8mm nuts in a coke can and shake vigoursly. If your engine sounds like this you got a cam follower problem.
Two choises then.....1) take it to the dealer and get the harder followers and new cam
2) ride it with good quality ear plugs, as long as a couple of valves are working you get no noticable drop in performance.

Hey kids, do not try this at home eh?

Gary wrote:
Put half a dozen 8mm nuts in a coke can and shake vigoursly. If your engine sounds like this you got a cam follower problem.
Two choises then.....1) take it to the dealer and get the harder followers and new cam
2) ride it with good quality ear plugs, as long as a couple of valves are working you get no noticable drop in performance.

Hey kids, do not try this at home eh?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's funny, I don't care who you are :blink:

Gigio wrote:
Exuse my ignorence but for those of you that have had this problem with the cam followers on the Stelvio's, what is the actual problem. How would I know if my cam followers are bad?

Thanks.

You can assume if you have an 8Valve motor you have the problem. Cam or cam followers were not hardened correctly and apparently MG doesn't know what bikes are affected and are recalling them all. If it were me I would not even start the bike up until the recall was done. But that's just me.

It's gets even more convienent. My dealer is 60 miles north of my house in New Hampshire, USA. I called to schedule an appointment to get the recall services and mentioned I was leaving for a golf vacation in Florida tomorrow morning. They offered to drive down, pick up and service the bike and then return it back to me at the end of the week when I return. Now, that's service.

They came out this afternoon, and took her away. I felt so good about this experience, and so appreciated, that I have asked them to install the Guzzi engine guards/crash bars while I'm away.....

Now, that's what I call service!!!

BigRed wrote:
I felt so good about this experience, and so appreciated, that I have asked them to install the Guzzi engine guards/crash bars while I'm away.....

Why would you torture them so?

:eek:hmy:

Those things are a pain to install if they don't line up. And mine didn't.

That's why I let them do the install......figured it would be easier and def...more convient since I just got back tonight.

My dealer is Seacoast Sport Cycle in derry, Nh. ......... The dealer's website is Seacoastsport.com.

I'm hoping they call me tomorrow and tell me there delivering the bike back in time to play this weekend.

Got my "official" call today. Parts are on their way to MPH. I was going to yank the covers this weekend and have a look as things have been sounding a bit loose but I will not bother now as the experts will be inside soon.

In the mean time I will be having the seat cut down a bit and figuring out where to put a proper set of turn signal indicators.

tc

Wayne Orwig wrote:
Got the call today.

Parts are headed to the dealer.

Zero mile bikes get fixed AFTER the 'with miles' kits go out.

My parts are still 'in the mail'. :(

They said to set up an appointment at the dealer after 5 days to have it done. Like the part are really going to take 5 days.

I had hoped that Piaggio/Aprillia would have help the parts delivery times, but that is not to be.

I finally took delivery of my used Stelvio yesterday. Paid for the bike over a month ago and after a lot of screaming to NY the parts arrived last Sat. Dealer installed the parts Sat. and installed the accessories Tuesday. I lost the coin toss and the wife drove my bike home. She claims I will really like it :blush:

When she lets you ride her? :p :silly:

The good part is of course that you have a wife who rides...!

Stella is finally in the shop here in Denver today to get the recall done, along with replacing the instrument panel they scratched during the fist service and to do something about the clutch. It is almost unusable when hot at this point, definitely getting worse.

Full report to follow.

My parts came in a couple of days back. (a little more then the 5 days they expected) :laugh: I plan to go to the shop and have it done Saturday. There will be photos.

Back