• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Radial tyred Tonti,s

It gets a little depressing reading these u beaut tyre threads.

What about us 16"ers.

Will these tyres shrink to fit our rims if you stick them in the oven?

The centrestand is very useful on my Lemon 1000 too John,coz gravity can win sometimes while balancing on that scalpel.
I am removing the Cali centre stand for the same reason as Todd.
So it doesnt plant me on my butt before i wear through foot tang.

How can you get depressed DD with all that sunshine and beach babes in Brizzie.
Have you considered an 18" swap for your Lemans 1000,i presume?
Depression is treatable.

The centrestand is very useful on my Lemon 1000 too John,coz gravity can win sometimes while balancing on that scalpel.
I am removing the Cali centre stand for the same reason as Todd.
So it doesnt plant me on my butt before i wear through foot tang.

Try a center stand for an 03. They don't stick out so much. I've put several 03 center stands on older EVs and Jackals for folks.

Thanks John.
I enjoy modifying and making things myself without spending money.
I already raised the centre stand and bent the tang so it wraps tightly around the mufflers.But still scarapes easily.
I just dont use it unless in the shed so off it goes.Less weight to cart around and something i dont have to worry about in left hand corners anymore.

How can you get depressed DD with all that sunshine and beach babes in Brizzie.
Have you considered an 18" swap for your Lemans 1000,i presume?
Depression is treatable.

18" matching rims and hens teeth can be mentioned in the same sentence. After 30 years I wouldn't bother with the swap so I'll just put up with the limited tyre choice. just having a dig.

Yeah i got the"will these tyres shrink down to 16" humour.
They still pop up on Fleabay quite often but this one isnt cheap.
Some dealer still had a brand new 18" conversion kit for sale a couple of days ago.
If you ride often,18" radials are a big improvement or hopefully they continue to make 16,s

I've been looking into available radial tyres for my 1980 Le Mans 2 after reading this thread.
I read such good things about the Pirelli Sport Demons, but find them wooden and lacking in feedback.
Conti appear to be the only manufacturer to make front and rear radials in the original sizes.
Conti RoadAttack 2 CR, 100/90 R18 front fit and a ClassicAttack 110/90 R18 rear.
The RoadAttack is advertised as "Race Performance for the Road and Track", adding
"Developed on international race tracks and used world wide in classic endurance racing. As used by Phase One and Team Force, champions of the 2013 and 2014 European Classic Bike Series."
http://www.conti-bike.co.uk/contiroadattack-2-cr/

Hi Stevex
I agree with your opinion of Demons and rate all crossply,s poorly now that i have seen the light.
It was Conti,s release of their Classic attack Radial in skinny 18" sizes that got me interested.
A friend of mine is using the CR,s on his race Lemans and loves them.
I fitted a 120 Classic AR to the rear of my Lemans 1000 with a crossply on the front and was very impressed with improvements.
With no 100 available and Conti being unable to supply a 90 90 18 in Aus.After months of waiting I fitted a 110 80 18 Metzler Z8 which is as equally impressive and only measures 103mm wide fitted to my rim.
I have a 2.5" front rim and 3" rear.
My Lemans has been transformed into a sweet handleing gem.
For the first time in 23 years i am totally happy with it and dont want to change a thing.

Have you considered a 90/90/18 front Classic Attack R with the 110/90/18 rear.
I would have thought they would be the perfect size for your bike.
I am guessing you have a 2.25" front and 2.5" rear rim.
If so these sizes are perfect.
Tonti,s love skinny tyres

I havnt used the Cr,s but generally race compound tyres should be used with caution on the road.
I have a Race compound tyre on the front of my Daytona and itvworks very well on the road when the weather is warm and dry and i am able to keep the temeperature up in the twisties.However when it rains,i tuck my tail between my legs and crawl home carefully.Race tyres need to be hot to work properly which you may wish to consider living in New Yorkshire?

The Conti Classic Attack is a brilliant tyre that i can highly recommend,even when cold and or wet.
They are in another league compared to any crossplys i have used.

Hi Shrek,
unfortunately my Demons are quite new and I only do a couple of thousand miles a year on the LM during each spring / summer, so it'll be a while before I need new rubber. If the RoadAttack were a pure race tyre I wouldn't use it but as the name implies, it's made for road use and I'd rather stick to recommended sizes. Also, this bike never sees the rain :)
Thanks for raising the issue, it never occurred to me before and It'll be interesting to see how the radials perform when the x-plys wear out.

Back