• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Failing Dealers

Another to ad to the list is Fast By Feracci in Willow Grove Pa. Fortunately no problems with my Griso, but purchased it from them having past experience with Ducati's purchased and serviced by them. The ride to them was about an hour and now the nearest dealer to me is Eurosports which is about 45 minutes further. I do have the Motorcycle Mall in Belleville but no way I would trust them.

Another to ad to the list is Fast By Feracci in Willow Grove Pa. Fortunately no problems with my Griso, but purchased it from them having past experience with Ducati's purchased and serviced by them. The ride to them was about an hour and now the nearest dealer to me is Eurosports which is about 45 minutes further. I do have the Motorcycle Mall in Belleville but no way I would trust them.

Did they just give up on Guzzi or are they closing the door?

It's no better here in the UK. On the other hand, the nearest Guzzi dealer is an hour and a half away, and abrupt to the point of rude. Once warranty is out of the way, I'll do it myself, like all of my other bikes.

Streffords Jenko? If so that only leaves - Corsa for new and Baldricks for servicing - left with any sort of a reputation. Or have I missed someone? Perhaps another problem MG have is that those who buy them are the sort who don't like other people messing about with their bikes.
I'm not sure but providing the service schedule is followed correctly does it have to be an actual MG dealer who services the bike to protect the warrantee in the UK. I know it doesn't have to be on cars.
I would certainly never but another new MG as long as Piaggio are in charge, but then again a loved MG should last a mighty long time.

I just had my bike brought to AJ cycle in Gill Mass yesterday with a giant laundry list. He used to be BMW/Moto Guzzi dealer and he dropped BMW and went strictly Guzzi. Very nice on the phone, the owner spoke with me at length and was willing to give me all the time in the world. While I have never been there in the flesh, I got a strong feeling my bike was in good hands. We shall know soon enough. One thing I have always practiced, don't nickel and dime your dealer, especially the small guys. It is my sport and hobby, they exist to serve my addiction, not the other way around. I hope they make a good fair profit. I don't want any of them going under. If they are going to do work for me, I let them sell me the parts at their normal markup and I don't kick the crap out of them over labor. Their overhead and existence isn't easy, and cheap parts on Ebay hurt them. Dealers used to barely make a profit on the bike, and got much of their profits from add-ons off the shelf as well as clothing and accoutrements. The internet has sucked many of those profits off of their sales floor and they need those little sales to keep the lights on and a wrench on duty when your sled decides to cough up a ring. I like to do my own work and will always do so, but I will do my best to support the dealer at the same time. It is a symbiotic relationship the internet can't compete with.

I agree with Jenko,a definite lack of dealers in the UK. I have an hour's journey to get to a trustworthy mechanic, in a dedicated Guzzi garage for mot's etc. A similar experience as Jenko,I bought my first brand new Guzzi from the only dealer in Scotland,I had a major issue with it still in warranty lots of feet dragging and untruths told.........self service after warranty was out.

Has anybody ever spoken to a Guzzi dealer who did not bad mouth Piaggio's responses to their problems? From what I heard their warranty payments are terrible and response is slow. Give a dealer enough hassle and they will sell another product other than yours. While I have horror stories of some of Honda's treatment of the dealer in the 20 years I worked at a dealer I can also tell of times when they stepped up. Calling tech normally got a fast response with an answer.

I just had my bike brought to AJ cycle in Gill Mass yesterday with a giant laundry list. He used to be BMW/Moto Guzzi dealer and he dropped BMW and went strictly Guzzi. Very nice on the phone, the owner spoke with me at length and was willing to give me all the time in the world. While I have never been there in the flesh, I got a strong feeling my bike was in good hands. We shall know soon enough. One thing I have always practiced, don't nickel and dime your dealer, especially the small guys. It is my sport and hobby, they exist to serve my addiction, not the other way around. I hope they make a good fair profit. I don't want any of them going under. If they are going to do work for me, I let them sell me the parts at their normal markup and I don't kick the crap out of them over labor. Their overhead and existence isn't easy, and cheap parts on Ebay hurt them. Dealers used to barely make a profit on the bike, and got much of their profits from add-ons off the shelf as well as clothing and accoutrements. The internet has sucked many of those profits off of their sales floor and they need those little sales to keep the lights on and a wrench on duty when your sled decides to cough up a ring. I like to do my own work and will always do so, but I will do my best to support the dealer at the same time. It is a symbiotic relationship the internet can't compete with.

Nicely stated.

Wonderful people there. They run a no-frills place but with excellent customer service. The owners are brothers, both very easy to deal with, honest and fair. I have dealt with them for a little more than ten years now.

When I decided to purchase a leftover bike, they actually encouraged me to buy it elsewhere as they would not be able to match the price. They received a large order for accessories that I am sure is a better profit than if they sold the bike, and that is their reward for being honest and up front with me. They have told me that Piaggio has been decent to deal with and that they have no problem getting parts that they need from them in a reasonable amount of time. Being a small shop, they do not stock everything imaginable but they will go out of their way to get it for you.

They also love visitors, stop off, especially on a Saturday morning. You will experience what a motorcycle shop used to be. Bench racing and bragging, talking about bikes and rides, and just a good all around bull session.

Wonderful people there. They run a no-frills place but with excellent customer service. The owners are brothers, both very easy to deal with, honest and fair. I have dealt with them for a little more than ten years now.

When I decided to purchase a leftover bike, they actually encouraged me to buy it elsewhere as they would not be able to match the price. They received a large order for accessories that I am sure is a better profit than if they sold the bike, and that is their reward for being honest and up front with me. They have told me that Piaggio has been decent to deal with and that they have no problem getting parts that they need from them in a reasonable amount of time. Being a small shop, they do not stock everything imaginable but they will go out of their way to get it for you.

They also love visitors, stop off, especially on a Saturday morning. You will experience what a motorcycle shop used to be. Bench racing and bragging, talking about bikes and rides, and just a good all around bull session.

Thanks for adding to my dealer comfort level. If you want to have fun and rub some road dirt in my face, you could go visit my bike there and post a picture of it. I haven't seen it yet. Torturing me visually is allowed. My son is going to be the custodian of this bike and he plans on riding it often. He is brand new to biking so this will be a pleasant introduction to the 2 wheel addiction. As I only get to America once every blue moon, I hope he rides it often. He will be more gentle with it than I would be.

An acquaintance is a multi-brand dealer (Japanese). Bike sales were down 60% last year and this year looks about the same. They more than make up for it with 4 wheeler and side-by-side sales (and the very good accessories-related sales for them). They sell many more trailers for those toys than they do bikes. Seasonal goods sales are tenuous (jet skis, snowmobiles, etc) anyway and if a dealer isn't diverse, it seems a ticket for instability. A bike trade-in becomes dusty capital sheltering any new bike profits. The typical consumer these days is drawn to the apparent stability of the bigger dealerships and it seems the passionate smaller bike shops with a Guzzi interest are a diminishing breed. I do most of my own wrenching anyway so the fact that the nearest dealer is 2½ hours away and booked out 3-4 weeks because of staff shortages only worries me because of warranty requirements. How many dinosaurs like me are still out there, I wonder?

An acquaintance is a multi-brand dealer (Japanese). Bike sales were down 60% last year and this year looks about the same. They more than make up for it with 4 wheeler and side-by-side sales (and the very good accessories-related sales for them). They sell many more trailers for those toys than they do bikes. Seasonal goods sales are tenuous (jet skis, snowmobiles, etc) anyway and if a dealer isn't diverse, it seems a ticket for instability. A bike trade-in becomes dusty capital sheltering any new bike profits. The typical consumer these days is drawn to the apparent stability of the bigger dealerships and it seems the passionate smaller bike shops with a Guzzi interest are a diminishing breed. I do most of my own wrenching anyway so the fact that the nearest dealer is 2½ hours away and booked out 3-4 weeks because of staff shortages only worries me because of warranty requirements. How many dinosaurs like me are still out there, I wonder?

Well, there are more dinosaurs out there than you think. When I bought my Guzzi, one of the key factors for me was that I can do the servicing myself, however in Britain, the law is that to use the warranty, the servicing has to be done by a dealer, so I've no choice at the moment. If it was a Jap bike, I might think about ignoring the need for warranty, but personally, Guzzi have yet to prove themselves in the reliability stakes. I'm sure that will prompt a few heated replies, but it's only my personal opinion. After the warranty period expires, I doubt that it'll ever see a dealership while I own it.

Guzzi have yet to prove themselves in the reliability stakes. I'm sure that will prompt a few heated replies, but it's only my personal opinion. After the warranty period expires, I doubt that it'll ever see a dealership while I own it.

Haven't they though? They are Europe's oldest bike manufacturer in continuous production and why the police and military use them.

Last edited:
Haven't they though? They are Europe's oldest bike manufacturer in continuous production and why the police and military use them.

You're absolutely right and I concede that point! I only meant that I have yet to realise Guzzi's reliability on a personal level. If I had a poor opinion of the marque I wouldn't have bought one. It's just that I haven't had the most promising start with the dealer network yet, and once I've put another couple thousand miles on the clock I'm sure I'll change my mind.

Back