• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

HOW FAST

117mph was everything my touring could do last summer coming across southwest Kansas for a short stint. This summer I will see if Todd's fueling mods increased it any.

120mph - As I recall it's getting close to the redline at that speed.

I looked up it's top speed and it is listed as 125mph..so i stand corrected in that it certainly is incapable of 130-135.
Over 100 you don't look down much.

The Michigan State Police tests lists the Cali 1400 top speed as 117 MPH. I guess probably another 5 MPH for the models sans windshield.

( The Norge reached 127 MPH and the BMW R1200RT-P 141 ! )

These are actual speeds as confirmed with radar. Not the indicated speed of the speedometers.

The Michigan State Police tests lists the Cali 1400 top speed as 117 MPH. I guess probably another 5 MPH for the models sans windshield.

( The Norge reached 127 MPH and the BMW R1200RT-P 141 ! )

These are actual speeds as confirmed with radar. Not the indicated speed of the speedometers.

They must have been stuck in fifth gear with only 188kms/hr

More likely is your speedo reads "generously".
You must be bloody joking, I've been riding bikes fast for thirty years, I've been working with Guzzis for a job, had 6 of them and run this Audace against many bikes and thru radar traps. A few kms out maybe, thirty+, you've got your facts wrong.

I don't know if they did something different to the Audaces or its you guy's better fuel down there but I know mine will only do 117. By far the slowest bike I own.

You must be bloody joking, I've been riding bikes fast for thirty years, I've been working with Guzzis for a job, had 6 of them and run this Audace against many bikes and thru radar traps. A few kms out maybe, thirty+, you've got your facts wrong.

The only radar trap that counts is if you rode thru one at the 135 MPH that you claim. Most motorcycle speedometers read 5-10% high. If yours was 10% off, then you did 122 which is more in line with my previously stated unscientific guess that the Audace will do 5 MPH faster than the Cali Touring's 117 with that large windshield.

If it doesn't RAIN tomorrow I will be taking my C14 to Coast Riders Street Drags, just north of Opunake. Should be interesting, but has rained last 2 years and looking dodgey .

I've backed off at 110 in 5th, no doubt will do 120+ if I remember to hit 6th

You really need to be on some deserted straight road to be trying out these sort of speeds to be safe & avoid the law.
In the States you probably have more chance, but any sort of speed aproaching the ton on public roads here leaves you open to risk both.
In saying that, I have glanced down at the speedo of my 1100 sport after using open road passing lanes to quickly get past some traffic, to see the speedo needle coming back down from the wrong side of the "ton".
Which is why I am going to trial a radar jammer since these speeds are expensive & not to mention licence loss if caught by the law.
As heard from someone in the law enforcement in Australia, a spark plug spark emits just about every frequency known to man, so they were wise to speed offenders that had spotlights fitted with a spark plug instead of a bulb!
Where theres a will, there's a way.

As heard from someone in the law enforcement in Australia, a spark plug spark emits just about every frequency known to man, so they were wise to speed offenders that had spotlights fitted with a spark plug instead of a bulb!
Where theres a will, there's a way.

Are you saying that a spark plug (active, I assume) in a spotlight acts as a speed radar jammer? Sounds like desperation to me. If the amount of emf was enough to jam the radar system, imaging what it would be doing to the ECU on the bike.

Back