• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

No quality control at the Moto Guzzi:

my 13 V7 Special needed some personalization to. It wasn't terrible but I did need to adjust the clutch and throttle cables .
today I replaced the yellowed and swollen half plastic fuel filter and will replace my 15.5 volt regulator next week.
I replaced the rear struts (shock absorbers) at Christmastime
so add $500 to the selling price and you have a decent bike. Probably not "acceptable" to many of today's consumers but my first bike was an Indian and I went to college on a BSA so I'm used to fiddling

I've still got my 68 BSA Victor 441 that I bought new, so I know about fiddling. I don't mind working on bikes, in fact I enjoy it; it's the repairing things I shouldn't have to that bothers me.

Ahh bummer. I almost bought my V7-2 from Elk Grove!! (I'll put up some pics soon). I finally bought my bike from Munroe Motors and so far (still only ~ 200miles) the bike seems to have been setup well and riding well. The people there too seemed very nice and helpful.

Ahh bummer. I almost bought my V7-2 from Elk Grove!! (I'll put up some pics soon). I finally bought my bike from Munroe Motors and so far (still only ~ 200miles) the bike seems to have been setup well and riding well. The people there too seemed very nice and helpful.
The folks at Munroe have always been great to deal with, enjoy your new V7

I emailed Customer Care – but got no reply.

I called Customer Care (answering machine) – but got no reply.

I send a copy of my demand letter to Piaggio – but have gotten no reply.

I spoke with the salesman – but he didn’t want to hear anything.

I spoke with the service department – but they didn’t want to hear anything.

I sent a demand letter to the dealership – I did get a reply, but it was not satisfactory to me.

I emailed the Superior Court of California – I got a reply, court date March 29, 2016.

Looks like you covered all the bases. Let us know how it goes.

I was tempted to purchase my V7 with Monroe motors, but it's over a 100 miles away plus Elk Grove beat their prices. Problem with the Elk Grove shop is that they carry many brands and it turns the shop into a one size fit all multi brand motorcycle situation, which cause the tech folks to not get proficient with each brand. I noticed the other day they have one guy tasked with Guzzi only, maybe that will help out with better service and set up for the bikes. They also sell a large number of bikes out of that shop which in itself alone creates issues. They have a couple kids that only set bikes up over there, high school after school jobs. So mechanical skill probably lacking.

Great thread guys.

I know I can buy a Japanese or British bike with arguably less "issues" but that feeling when you are on the bike and have this ... connection... it's hard to describe.

That's why I love Guzzis and Dukes. Period.

I'd still like to have a word with the useless b..stard that let a bike out of the factory missing a seal though. This is a known issue with the V7's and just shouldn't happen with even half decent QC. :angel:

I emailed Customer Care – but got no reply.

I called Customer Care (answering machine) – but got no reply.

I send a copy of my demand letter to Piaggio – but have gotten no reply.

I spoke with the salesman – but he didn’t want to hear anything.

I spoke with the service department – but they didn’t want to hear anything.

I sent a demand letter to the dealership – I did get a reply, but it was not satisfactory to me.

I emailed the Superior Court of California – I got a reply, court date March 29, 2016.

I am curious about the nature of your complaint and cause of action.

Good luck.

Bill

Well, at least this thread has gotten to two pages on this board. Over at AF1 the same thread the OP started has not filled up one page yet. And at least one respected Guzzi mechanic has questioned the possibility of operating the bike with no rear seal on the bevel box without getting "a fuquetonne" of gear oil all over the rear wheel. I tend to stick with the basic motto that there are three sides to every story; your side, their side, and the truth.
While I also have my doubts about some of the details of this story, I also am aware of Guzzi's place in the motorcycling world. I don't buy a Guzzi expecting a Honda. Although I did buy a Honda and am very disappointed in it. So, it could have been worse for the OP, he could have bought a Honda....

Final Drive leak update:

Got all the OEM Service Manuals, Parts Manuals, gaskets, O-rings, etc. from those great folks in Austin; really fast service. (The dealer took over two and a half weeks to let me know they “had-the-parts”) Reassembled everything to factory specs; have been on a few rides, and absolutely no leaks anywhere.

I have inserted a screen-grab image from the dealer’s web-site that clearly shows that oil leak stain on the side and tread of the rear tire. (Wish I had known what that oil was before I bought this bike)

I have also included an image of the O-ring that I installed, and where it was supposed to be.

Next stop is Small Claims Court to recover the fee I paid for the “Set-up” that the defendant failed to properly perform. Win, lose or draw it will be a fun ride to court on my V7.

Upload 2016 3 1 19 2 23

Upload 2016 3 1 19 2 55

Glad you're getting all of that sorted out. Did you try getting your money back from the dealer before filing?

I've still got my 68 BSA Victor 441 that I bought new, so I know about fiddling. I don't mind working on bikes, in fact I enjoy it; it's the repairing things I shouldn't have to that bothers me.
i sold my victor special powered triumph tr25 on a friday and bought my Stone on saturday. still tinkering and its not going to the dealer or any shop except for tires mounted on rims i removed from the bike

Back