• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Which saddlebag for the C1400? OEM Leather or...?

Msullivan

Just got it firing!
I have a C1400 Custom Gray and im looking for saddlebags. I wanted to do OEM hard Gray(matching), but it looks like they are discontinued for now since supplier is no longer making them. So my options are the OEM leather bags(1700.oo ..gulp) or I guess the cbow from HB. I was wondering what you all think of both saddlebags and which you prefer. Also has anyone seen the Agostini Leather Bags?

Thanks

Mike

I have a C1400 Custom Gray and im looking for saddlebags. I wanted to do OEM hard Gray(matching), but it looks like they are discontinued for now since supplier is no longer making them.

logo.jpg

OEM Moto Guzzi Side Bags, Gray - CM228703 (CM228703)

CM228703_t.jpg

OEM Moto Guzzi Side Bags, Gray - CM228703

For California 1400 Custom

Standard on the touring version, this 35L (70L total) fiberglass sidebag kit can be installed on the Custom model to considerably increase the cargo capacity. This kit comes with chromed hardware, mounting brackets and complete compatibility with all other OEM California 1400 accessories

Please note: Side Case Support Kit B064286 is INCLUDED with these bags.

logo.jpg

CM228703_t.jpg

Standard on the touring version, this 35L (70L total) fiberglass sidebag kit can be installed on the Custom model to considerably increase the cargo capacity. This kit comes with chromed hardware, mounting brackets and complete compatibility with all other OEM California 1400 accessories

logo.jpg

CM228703_t.jpg

I have seen this and they are not available from MG. And MG has no clue when there going to be available since the supplier is gone.

If the supplier is gone does that mean they are no longer making the California Tour? Same bags so they kind of need a supplier.

This is a quote from another forum about the bags
"
As mentioned in another thread by one of our dealers, the vendor who supplied the bags closed up shop. Availability of the bags is limited, and is affecting deliveries of 2016s.
I would look to Agostinis, etc. in Europe, if I really wanted those bags. You may find some in stock. Shipping will be expensive, but that's life."

This is a quote from another forum about the bags
"
As mentioned in another thread by one of our dealers, the vendor who supplied the bags closed up shop. Availability of the bags is limited, and is affecting deliveries of 2016s.
I would look to Agostinis, etc. in Europe, if I really wanted those bags. You may find some in stock. Shipping will be expensive, but that's life."

Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe the new vendor will be able to make watertight hard bags.

I have asked them to check, and there computer just says backordered. They say thats usually 6-8 weeks. They really wouldnt know the time frame until they actually orde the bagsr.(I guess then MG gets back to them on a date,)

I just went ahead an ordered the leather MG bags the dealer gave me a good deal on them.

I wonder why AF1 has them listed for sale. Have you asked them this question?
FYI Just got my bags instlled they are nice. Ill try to post a pic soon. They do come with Rain Covers. I did not try them on , but there are rain covers that come with the bags.

I have the Agostino bags on my custom 1400. they are almost 40 litres a side and solidly mounted, easily removed and lockable both to the bike and for the contents. have tested the over 2000klm trips camping and they work a treat. Will try to upload a couple of photos.

Attachments

• P1120973compress.JPG
    P1120973compress.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 84
I have the Agostino bags on my custom 1400. they are almost 40 litres a side and solidly mounted, easily removed and lockable both to the bike and for the contents. have tested the over 2000klm trips camping and they work a treat. Will try to upload a couple of photos.

Please do. I've been looking for another, better, solution than the factory items for over a year now....

Jim

Hi Jim. Purchased direct from italy and landed cost Australia similar to buying in italy and posting home (Europe tax not applicable and value below import here). Please with them. Old style look

I went with the OEM Moto Guzzi Bags and went full in with the OEM bag inserts as well. The latter really help with keeping tools, clothing etc. organized. Making Mechanics Out of Riders

I went with the OEM Moto Guzzi Bags and went full in with the OEM bag inserts as well. The latter really help with keeping tools, clothing etc. organized. View attachment 11933

Have you sealed your MG hard saddlebags yet? If you have not, they WILL LEAK when wet. I used SeamGrip with great success applied along the clamshell seam inside the bags.

I also have the MG liner bags. At first they seemed overly complicated (three piece design) but they really work well and I am glad I spent the $$ for them.

The few times I was caught out, I have not had any leaks with the bags, but to be fair, I try like hell never to ride it in the rain.

I've kept the Agostino leather bags waterproofed. Have ridden Adelaide to Phillip Island in pouring rain. No water got in. But everything inside is in waterproof thin bags anyway. Best part of the soft bag is that it flexes to get camp chairs etc into the bottom of the bag.

Back