• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

engine idle issue

When I lived there, it was dreary and damp from about November to March every year, plenty of time for atmospheric water vapor to diffuse into the tank.

Damp air is heavy and it sinks, would think it would not make it all the way up that vent tube into the tank. If it did it would be a very small amount. Riding the bike would take care of any condensation in that tank. Speaking of condensation, I would be more concern with that then anything else. Vent system tied into a charcoal canister will not prevent condensation into the tank. All tanks get a certain amount of that anyway.

Disconnecting those Evap systems very common in my area because they have caused so many fuel tank pressurization issues.

I think it will just take time for the rest of the 49 state folks to figure it out. Most other manufacturers avoid it like the plague if they can for good reason. Moto Guzzi one of the few that just builds all the bikes the same for all applications other then the kick stand being different for the states.

The check valves plug up and that is the first issue. After that the canisters plug up, etc etc. It turns into a pain in the arse.

Live and learn my mother always said.

I'm having some issues as well. Took the bike in for a 10k service right before winter . Haven't road it in 3 months . Finally got warm this past weekend . Started fine, let it run for 20 min then took it for a spin. Felt great, no issues. This morning it was about 50 degrees. Did my normal routine on starting it and letting it warm up for about 12 minutes . Got to stop light, then when to accelerate but I was getting no power, then once it got to 3k rpms then it finnaly took.Keeps doing it in 1,2,3,4 gear , highway gave me no problems 50-100miles per hour ,felt fine , took the off ramp , stopped at light , then it losses power again . Got back to house and let it run to see how it Idols and it sounds like it's trying to run right but it's off. I need some advice ! I'm going to take it to the shop but I don't want to get screwed. There is also a 3 week wait at the shop. Warranty just ended 2' months ago.My first bike, bought it new . All service has been done at same place to the "T" . Never had problems before how ever the kick stand starts to fall down at low speeds.any advice guys ?

When you took it out and it was running well, did you buy gas? Bad gas, maybe?
No, didn't by any gas between this morning and the day before when I took it out. It just started doing this this morning. I also only by premium . I put gas in it today thinking that it might be low and light good be on the fritz but after I filled it up it was still doing the same thing .

No need to let the bike warm up, just start it, get on it and ride, you will be surprised how hot the engine gets just sitting ticking over with no air over the cylinders. I think there is a story on here of a guy who started his bike and forgot about it, I believe it melted various plastic bits and stuffed his engine.

...snip...All service has been done at same place to the "T" . Never had problems before how ever the kick stand starts to fall down at low speeds.any advice guys ?
Check the kickstand bolt/nut for tightness. They tend to loosen and cause the stand to drop.

Started my bike and one of the dogs ran down the street. I had to chase the dog down and almost forgot about the bike idling.

My 2016 V7 II had the half plastic/half metal fuel filter, so at least for the States, Guzzi is still doing that wrong...

Hi!

Joining the thread a bit late, I see, but I just had a similar issue with my 2016 V7ii Stone. All I've done so far was add a bit of fuel stabilizer from AutoZone for like $7 and it has not given me any problems as of yet *fingers crossed*. It's good to see folks have some additional troubleshooting tips to go on if that doesn't work out.

Part of my issue is that I bought the bike from a private seller who basically never rode it, so the gas sat for a long time and I'm wondering if the fuel system is just finicky now that she's actually getting some miles every week.

For what it's worth, that might be a much easier work around in case the fuel system got a bad tank of gas.

Part of my issue is that I bought the bike from a private seller who basically never rode it, so the gas sat for a long time and I'm wondering if the fuel system is just finicky now that she's actually getting some miles every week.
Yes. Parts of the fuel system cannot be "fixed" by fuel additives. You have to remove the injectors and have them cleaned, see; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...ne-light-and-running-rough.14753/#post-106227 -- you also may want to search on the fuel filter as well per above.

Back