• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How to secure helmet ?

Emir

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi,
For a long time i was riding bikes with topcase so it was not a problem to put helmet, gloves and even jacket to to topcase when i go somewhere which i dont want to carry these stuff.
but now i upgraded to v7racer and there is obviously no room for storage on the bike.
at least i want to lock helmet on bike when i go to gym or cinema with bike.
is there any option on bike to lock the helmet on ?
should i buy a special helmet lock or what ?
any help will be good.
thanks.

My 1200 Sport came with a helmet lock cable under the seat along with the tool kit. Perhaps the V7 comes with something similar and you are not aware of what it is for?

Sato Racing has a lock made for the V7. Kind of close to the exhaust. Not sure if that is a solution. My method below but with inexpensive helmet. :>

921AFE10-7ABA-4B56-9E28-871CFE61920B_zpsayxjh4xw.jpg

I am pretty sure there is a built in helmet lock on your V7. I would check the owners manual.
There are nice aftermarket helmet locks available, like bar end helmet locks. Our you can carry a cable lock like you would with a bicycle and use that. It has the advantage of allowing you to lock up other gear, like jackets.

I just unlock the seat, put the helmet buckle under the seat and its done...

Get this - https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=61945

I'm expect they are available from many vendors.

Mounts on left side, where the passenger foot-peg / left muffler hanger mount to the frame. Ten minute install, even for a klutz like me.

Works well enough to keep a helmet secure and is practically invisible when you don't have a helmet hanging off of it. However, it will not carry a helmet when you are riding and I've never tried to secure two helmets at the same time.

Yes, Sato Racing....that is the one I was referring too and the Chinese make a knock off for a little less on eBay if you want to give them your $$ for ripping off a design. :>

thanks for the info.
sato racing product looks good and efficient. i think i need it badly.
i dont want to lose my helmet. the price tag worths it.

Got that AF1 style helmet lock tonight from the Taiwan connection (10 bucks cheaper) and put it on the bike. I'll need to be careful mounting the helmet when the pipe is hot or it will melt the helmet. I've found that by using the foot peg in the down position I can use that to somewhat hold the helmet away from the hot muffler. They give you some hardware with the kit, but the bolts are no longer then what already on the bike. I end up having to dig up a longer bolt for the muffler mount, the two for the bracket hanger end up being long enough. All and all it's a very clean looking application. Good thing I've got extra hardware laying around.

As mentioned by Bisbonian is there a cable that comes with the bike? A small black cable with 2 metal ends with holes at each end. There is a hook mount under the seal. My 1400 and my Norge has it. My first Norge had it also but I had not a clue what it was for. You loop that through the D-ring on the helmet and then around the wire hook. It is welded to the frame. On mine it is on the left side. On the Norge it is sort of holding the clutch bleeder line in place. Now I would not trust it in a high crime area as the cable looks like you could cut it with a good pair of scissors but better than nothing in a pinch.

I'm a Sato dealer, and was planning on putting the helmet lock on the Store in a few weeks when the new one for the V7 II arrives. The one shown supposedly doesn't.

I'm a Sato dealer, and was planning on putting the helmet lock on the Store in a few weeks when the new one for the V7 II arrives. The one shown supposedly doesn't.

It states on the site at af1 that it works for the v7II. It's the same one I bought for my bike and it works.

It states on the site at af1 that it works for the v7II. It's the same one I bought for my bike and it works.
OK, good to know, but Sato told me otherwise yesterday. I'll put them both online soon.

Back