• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

DB Killer - Zard?

89MilleGT

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have a Zard "race" slip-on exhaust on my Griso which came with the bike when i bought it. I removed the big snap ring to experiment without the DB killer and found the tip came out but no pipe after it.

P3066657_zpshbj7eicl.jpg

If looks like there is some fixed pipe inside the exhaust along the perforations and much larger diameter than the exhaust outlet without the tip. There is a flange that the exhaust tip seated to, but that would come out (tried a bit of force but gave up. There isn't any pipe length after it anyways.

P3066654_zpsjhxhyjdj.jpg

So is the only DB killer for the race Zard a fixed pipe? Is it possible to get a DB killer for this pipe (I'd probably experiment with the cat-ed pipe DB killer if I could find one)?.

The pipe was surprisingly louder with that tip removed. It had a bit of a growl to it that I have to admit sounded great getting on the gas. Just got the Griso rollered too. Wear was starting on the tappets at 12K miles. MG paid for the parts!

Either the db-killer was modified by the P.O., or it cracked off and fell down into the pipe. It looks like a clean cut to me. They can be ordered, but I'd have to check on the cost if you want one.

Todd, thanks for the reply. I see you sell Zard exhausts and are listed on Zard's corporate website. If you have a contact that could get a price and availability, I'd appreciate that. I wonder if it is possible that one could be welded up locally if the cost of one from Zard is prohibitively expensive.

Got a Zard on my 1200 8V and that is my friend the DB killer, that short length of pipe. Done the same on my bike but with the DB killer removed but it sounds like shit at idle, popping and sucking so replaced it. If ya reinstall it ya might have to put a bit of silicon on it as well as the snap ring to stop it spinning around and not aligning up with up with the main pipe tri angle, I had to.
Steve

Thanks Steve. I've also got similar confirmation from a local guy with the same pipe. Doesn't kill many dBs but does make a difference. Guess I don't need a new one after all. :cool:

On mine, the rust forming on the snap ring keeps it from rotating; never had that issue actually.

Back