• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Neutral/Stand relay

Jean Philippe Chabassier

Just got it firing!
Does anybody serious know why a 2002 Le Mans would only start with the clutch pulled ?

Please don't give me the relay thing or wiggle the handlebar  V11 sport  circuit ...

I checked everything .
Neutral switch good.
Side stand switch good.
Of course the famous "bullets " connectors are good since it starts with clutch pulled...!
All contacts continuity of relay bases (Starter/side stand ,etc.. ) are good with ECU relay .

There is something that I don't understand in the electric diagram .
Would someone be able to explain to me how the starter circuit can close with the start but without the
clutch loop closed ?
Something is wrong in the diagram.
There must be an other route for the current.
And that is where my problem is.

2002 Le Mans with 3700 miles.

Thank you.

Ive been loving and working on Italian bikes for 35 years, their lack of primitive thinking impresses me.
Like wiring the V11 voltage regulator sense into the light circuit and the resulting voltage drop with the lights on over charges the battery.
Or the Guzzi 4 valve engines that destroy their lifters and cams. All of them!!!
Daytona engine valve guides and oil pumps.
Or Ducati crankcases that crack and rockers that shed their chrome.
Do I need to go on?
The Italians build them and the owners then engineer them.
Ciao

I know about all of these defects having Ducatis as well.
Do you want to start talking about Ferraris ? Or Lamborghinis ?
Or do you want to talk about Us engineers sending a satellite on Mars with some metric measurements and others...non metric resulting in the 200 million dollars satellite from 20 years ago crashing on Mars !
We could talk about english cars also I have a french car with a Healey BJ 8 engine ( Facel Vega ) .and Lucas positive ground electrics !
It does not change what I said nor why the diagram is false to me.
The Guzzi should start with the neutral and no clutch .

as I recall my 2004 Coppa Italia only started with the clutch pulled in too.
If only I had known it was defective...

I checked the owner' s manual and it says that it needs the clutch lever to be pulled to start !
So my apologies.
And that is what I was reading in the circuit diagram but I could not believe it.Or I did not think it was right .
The older Guzzis I had ,850 T3 and Le Mans , could start without the clutch pulled and in Neutral only and apparently the newer ones like Breva can also. See the diagram I uploaded with a page with the sequences in which you can start .
But not the V11 .
And I also come from BMWs which can all be started in neutral without the clutch pulled.
So I guess my worries are ended and I will have to pull the clutch thinking it is normal.
But it does not change what I think about americans and european things .

I checked the owner' s manual and it says that it needs the clutch lever to be pulled to start !
So my apologies.
And that is what I was reading in the circuit diagram but I could not believe it.Or I did not think it was right .
The older Guzzis I had ,850 T3 and Le Mans , could start without the clutch pulled and in Neutral only and apparently the newer ones like Breva can also. See the diagram I uploaded with a page with the sequences in which you can start .
But not the V11 .
And I also come from BMWs which can all be started in neutral without the clutch pulled.
So I guess my worries are ended and I will have to pull the clutch thinking it is normal.
But it does not change what I think about americans and european things .

So reading the manual solved your issue. Brilliant. You Europeans really are clever:)
Ciao

Last edited:
Back