• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How to make people aware of our online Store?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Can any one help me try to figure out a way of making people aware of all of the products I sell on the online Store (tabbed above)?. It seems really tough to get people to link to my products here and online travels.

Can any one help me try to figure out a way of making people aware of all of the products I sell on the online Store (tabbed above)?. It seems really tough to get people to link to my products here and online travels.
Sure. Put some "ads" on the right side of each main forum page. Maybe just a pic with a description ("GT Shocks"). The pic is a link to the store. You could set them up to rotate through various products. That'll be $1.

Sale of the month items can help.

Sometimes when you put an item on sale you reduce profit on that item but then they will end up buying something else at full price which can make it up. End up selling stuff you otherwise would not have sold.

I notice AF1 do price reductions with some items. That sort of sucks me into the site.

I look around for the reduced sale items and then buy something else anyway.

Here is my pick for the best ways to advertise:-
1/ TV.
2/ youtube. Do some youtube advertising with new products.
3/ Advertise in Motorcycle magazine. :)

Is there a way to search by model and year? I clicked on the tab and it looks like I have to dig rather than having a search option.

Is there a way to search by model and year? I clicked on the tab and it looks like I have to dig rather than having a search option.
Yes. Select your general category (like suspension). One the right side, you can "Filter by Model". Select V7 C-S in the drop down menu. You will have to figure out what you need based on year on your own, but there aren't too many differences.

Sure. Put some "ads" on the right side of each main forum page. Maybe just a pic with a description ("GT Shocks"). The pic is a link to the store. You could set them up to rotate through various products. That'll be $1.
Thanks John, think we should be able to do this. $1 it is.

Here is my pick for the best ways to advertise:-
1/ TV.
2/ youtube. Do some youtube advertising with new products.
3/ Advertise in Motorcycle magazine. :)
Thanks, but I'm not looking for bigger exposure (which I can't afford)... Just want to know how to get those that post here aware of my products in the online Store, tab linked above.

I do put items on sale. New products sit across the bottom of the main page. Thanks for the feedback on your usage.

If they're like me (which I suspect lots of people are) readers often start on a bookmark to "New Posts", I think I've seen the
Main Page once at best. Perhaps adding that products info, including sales items, to the bottom of the New Posts page would help.

New posts is my normal go to page. It may cause people, like myself, to see more items for their bike if you could select the bike then see all the products for it instead of first having to select a category then the model. As much as I hate ads putting stuff on some of the forum pages may raise awareness. Just keep the data size small as if a page takes too long to load I am gone. Especially if I am on my phone network. Burning up data for ads is not a preferred method,

I think PokeyJoe gets the buck. The only thing I could add to it would be if your web site has the ability to show "random products" that would display on each page. I had a web site that allowed me to choose products to be displayed as random items & the items changed with each new page that a visitor opened.

Ebay. I used to gripe about the fees but no more. That's where all the eyeballs are, at least for now. My website has rarely generated more than 25% of Ebay sales, despite everything being cheaper. Send me a PM if you care to discuss further, will send my ph number.

Joe

I agree on the sidebar, it's a must and the products listed should be relevant to the particular forum/thread. Also to make your store easier to navigate, I'd recommend having everything first categorized by model, then sub categorized by the type of part. That way if someone is looking for a part for a particular bike, they'll see everything else relevant to their interests and will be inclined to pick up more.

I don't know how you could make it any easier to be honest. Sure, maybe some search or product filter tweaks to improve the store, but your question is how to get folks there right? My guess is that a majority of folks are just using this as a forum and aren't looking for a retail experience. They don't want to be "sold" here. I can understand your frustration when folks are specifically asking for product advice, it must be some weird psychology thing where people insist on finding the product elsewhere. Maybe you break the two apart, one is pure forum (with GTech ads) and the retail site? The other thing is that I think you do a fair amount of overseas' members who are reluctant to deal with shipping costs. Just my take, could be totally wrong, won't be the first time.

I don't know how you could make it any easier to be honest. Sure, maybe some search or product filter tweaks to improve the store, but your question is how to get folks there right? My guess is that a majority of folks are just using this as a forum and aren't looking for a retail experience. They don't want to be "sold" here. I can understand your frustration when folks are specifically asking for product advice, it must be some weird psychology thing where people insist on finding the product elsewhere. Maybe you break the two apart, one is pure forum (with GTech ads) and the retail site? The other thing is that I think you do a fair amount of overseas' members who are reluctant to deal with shipping costs. Just my take, could be totally wrong, won't be the first time.
Thanks for the input, and while I agree with you, all too often people either ask here or email me for details on products, or worse yet link people off the site on things I sell here.

I'll be adding a single picture post of model related product in each section in the top right. I can't personally stand adds embedded in the post stream.

Thanks for the input, and while I agree with you, all too often people either ask here or email me for details on products, or worse yet link people off the site on things I sell here.

I am sure you have thought of dozens of ideas already including but not limited to advertising via Facebook, Twitter, etc. However, have you ever thought of getting some bloggers on board? I have seen several bloggers work with sellers in promoting their items whilst being given the opportunity to actually use a certain product for a period of time.

Another option is to invite several of the big motorcycle magazines to try out one of your modified V7's or similar. Particularly the big bore kit. For instance, lend the big bore V7 Racer to Kevin from Motorcycle.com for a week to gage his opinions and thoughts, including a comparison with a stock V7, etc. These motorcycle reviewers are always harping on how they wish the V7 had a few extra ponies, so I cannot imagine that they would pass up a chance to try one of yours. The article/video would surely generate loads of interest and business!? Food for thought.

In the meantime, I do run a motorcycle blog - click to view (for fun, not for profit). If you want, send me some information that you want out there (i.e. what your about or your product line or whatever you are interested in) and I will publish you as a guest blogger. So your pictures, write up, contact information is all there and I will post it on a variety of social media sites that I am a part of. I have done this in the past for companies (again, for fun/free) and its actually generated some interest in said companies and services on a modest scale. I also publish people's ride reports, pictures and whatever else that is related to motorcycles. I have recently hit 140, 610 views, from around the world. It would be much more if it wasn't for my pesky job getting in the way! ;) It's up to you! Let me know either way.

Another option is to invite several of the big motorcycle magazines to try out one of your modified V7's or similar. Particularly the big bore kit. For instance, lend the big bore V7 Racer to Kevin from Motorcycle.com for a week to gage his opinions and thoughts, including a comparison with a stock V7, etc. These motorcycle reviewers are always harping on how they wish the V7 had a few extra ponies, so I cannot imagine that they would pass up a chance to try one of yours. The article/video would surely generate loads of interest and business!? Food for thought.

This sounds like a capital idea. You already have the rental vehicle. Just loan it to them to abuse a few days or a week. Motorcyclist or Cycle World. Even BIKE in the UK. Just be sure to post on here which issue so we can buy it and see what they say. If that resulted in an increase in their circulation (probably not even a blip) they will be even happier. I have seen them rave about some true lash ups. Something done with performance gains as the goal they should like.

Hey Bug, just visited your Blog, looks like fun. I saw the "I've upped my Standards" logo, can we get that as a decal?

Back