• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

So it begins...

Task completed. Although it looks like I will have to have the TPS reset.
Have an Alaris on order from Todd so will do that when it arrives.

Stupid question.

What lights come up on your auto tune.

I have the red light flash then go solid and that's it.
What's the other light because I can't find any info on the Dynojet website what the indicator lights are or do.

I can't find any info on the Dynojet website what the indicator lights are or do.

If you do a search for Dynojet AT-300, you should find a pdf file AT-300.01 or similar. Not much info on it, but it does mention counting the flashes on the LED to determine the autotune is working correctly. It's at the bottom of page 2.

Although it looks like I will have to have the TPS reset.

The Cali 1400 doesn't have a TPS in the true sense of the word. It has a potentiometer that is cabled to the throttle, and a "throttle self-learning" is performed when the key is first switched on.

I don't have Alaris but can offer Guzzidiag to force a throttle self-learning (and also a "handle self-learning" to clear the service triangle if it has appeared). Give me a call on 021 947-280 if you want to talk more.

If you do a search for Dynojet AT-300, you should find a pdf file AT-300.01 or similar. Not much info on it, but it does mention counting the flashes on the LED to determine the autotune is working correctly. It's at the bottom of page 2.

The Cali 1400 doesn't have a TPS in the true sense of the word. It has a potentiometer that is cabled to the throttle, and a "throttle self-learning" is performed when the key is first switched on.

I don't have Alaris but can offer Guzzidiag to force a throttle self-learning (and also a "handle self-learning" to clear the service triangle if it has appeared). Give me a call on 021 947-280 if you want to talk more.

Thanks Dave

All appears to be working when I use the laptop.

Just wondering why you would have non functioning indicator lights.
Why the couldn't label them I don't know.

I have an Altaris on order from Todd.
I thought it would have turned up with the auto tune.
So will have the facility to do it myself. That and reset the service light with an upcoming software update for the Alatris.

have an Alaris on order from Todd.
I thought it would have turned up with the auto tune.
So will have the facility to do it myself. That and reset the service light with an upcoming software update for the Alatris.
Yes, TR was slow to ship, so they just arrived today. I'll rush it out to you on Monday. We will be testing the service reset the minute I have a 1400 in for service.

Well, I got it done. Everything worked as well, if not better than expected. Todd was tolerant of me and I would recommend this set up to anyone with a Cali.

Here's another configuration. In the interest of cleanliness, I coiled/routed the bulk of the PC-V/AT-300 wires beside the battery on the left side, mounted the AT-300 per the instructions, but mounted the PC-V on the battery. Worked out nicely, and the PC-V is very accessible for map updates.
At300installed PcvAt300installed PcvInstalled

Tore the bike apart last night in anticipation for Todd's fuel mods. I have already removed the charcoal canister and am in the process of rerouting the pvc hose away from the airbox. While I have the tank off I guess I will remove the wire from the alt even though mine is not listed on the recall. Sure wish I could have afforded new exhaust but maybe some day. View attachment 9261 View attachment 9262

Curious, what's the second pic of?

Charcoal canister and the check valve for the fuel tank.
Safe to assume the charcoal canister on the 1400 is like on my Beemer? Just introduced a lot of black junk into the gas? Why are 1400 owners better off without it?

Ever park your bike and hear those moaning sounds? See the thread "Stop the moaning whale". I removed mine on the 1400 fairly early so I don't know what the detrimental effects are. On my 2007 Norge I had a problem with it not wanting to start and idling terrible when first started if it sat in the sun. Removing the canister solved that problem plus gave me some nice storage area under the seat.

Ever park your bike and hear those moaning sounds? See the thread "Stop the moaning whale". I removed mine on the 1400 fairly early so I don't know what the detrimental effects are. On my 2007 Norge I had a problem with it not wanting to start and idling terrible when first started if it sat in the sun. Removing the canister solved that problem plus gave me some nice storage area under the seat.

I have heard those whale sounds and i vaguely remember a fix for it, I just wasn't aware it meant removing the canister. This is good to know, thanks guys.

You don't have to remove the canister to stop the moaning, just the check valve. The canister is removed to eliminate any future idle issues that may pop up due to its existence.

Tore the bike apart last night in anticipation for Todd's fuel mods. I have already removed the charcoal canister and am in the process of rerouting the pvc hose away from the airbox. While I have the tank off I guess I will remove the wire from the alt even though mine is not listed on the recall. Sure wish I could have afforded new exhaust but maybe some day. View attachment 9261 View attachment 9262
Clayton
Is there detailed instructions on how to remove the check valve? What stays and goes and gets capped off?

Next spring I will remove the canister filter on my california. Any pictures or video how to do it would be nice to have thanks.

Back