• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Picked Up My New Racer Today! :-)

What a beauty my Quebecois friend. That bike almost too pretty to ride and get dirty, could be livingroom art. Nice! Enjoy it. Maybe I'll see you in the twisties in Vermont this summer.

Nice one. I picked mine up on Feb 4th this year, and have just finished running it in. Feels a lot sweeter now. Haven't messed with the engine or exhausts, but i removed the rear seat cowl, as you have and also fitted small bar end mirrors. Looks better like that. Just waiting for the fresh snowy weather to clear so I can get out on it again. She shares riding time with my other bikes, a Bonneville and BMW Roadster, but she gets a good share.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

Thanks everyone! I really struggled with whether to actually buy this version of the bike or not because its just so damn beautiful and I don't have the will power to not use it daily! That being said, however, I did remove the rear cowl and the seat. I replaced it with a Corbin seat but bought side plates from Barracuda. I figured that I can add a sticker to every place I visit on the side plates in future (hence why they are so bare at the moment).

Surprisingly I didn't get much riding done yesterday as I put all my goodies on her. However, that being said, my first impressions are really good! Things I had expected to be "rough around the edges", so to speak, were not at all as many have reviewed them to be. For instance, the gear box on mine is buttery smooth. I have to constantly remind myself which gear I am in. Everything is top notch on this bike! Couldn't be happier! :h:

Last edited:
It takes awhile for the transmission to loosen up. I would say for me maybe as many as 10,000 miles and now it's like butter.

Congrats and you sure look happy in that video.

So what is the source for those very nice head protectors? Have not ever noticed those before.

Like the idea about the rear side plates being used for places you visit, great idea and that will give the bike character.

Love that brown Corbin, tits up my man.

Rick

It takes awhile for the transmission to loosen up. I would say for me maybe as many as 10,000 miles and now it's like butter.

Congrats and you sure look happy in that video.

So what is the source for those very nice head protectors? Have not ever noticed those before.

Like the idea about the rear side plates being used for places you visit, great idea and that will give the bike character.

Love that brown Corbin, tits up my man.

Rick

Cheers! The engine protectors are from 70tre (click to view) and worth every penny imho. They also sell a pretty nifty tank rack too that I will likely pick up in future when I start planning long distance rides. Here is a list of goodies (click to view) that I have come across, some already purchased, some I am on the fence about... Off to ride (again)... :)

I won't hit Vermont until late June and even then, only for a week I think I'll be riding with my son and I plan on hitting the hidden swimming holes in the gorges, rivers and brooks that I know.

Congrats on your new bike. Like you I have spent more time deciding how to tweak her as the buying decision. You've done some nice looking things. I think you will be most pleased eventually when you upgrade your exhaust. There are several nice choices and really takes some of the heft-look out of the bike IMO.

731371E3-BA7F-47B9-82F5-DD6642AF4A96_zpsb2wlfxri.jpg

1751afce-e151-4bad-adae-229765bd6062_zpsrtowyi9c.jpg

Thanks very much Bob! Those are some really nice pipes! I like the Arrow pipes myself. However, in my neck of the woods cops make it a habit to randomly check motorcycle after market exhaust pipes to ensure that the decibel levels are below the legal limit.... it's putting me off buying a new set until 2017.

Here's a link to what I am talking about: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/saaq/documents/pilot-projects/sound-level-meter/

The pilot project ends in 2017. So maybe next summer?! I have friends who have been ticketed over $300 bucks... once a friend of mine was pulled over twice in the same week on the same bridge by the same cop and you guessed it, received two tickets... he removed his Vance & Hines that day!

Did you paint the side panels yourself did you buy them? I like the black...

The side panels were actually from a member here. Had put a lot of trinkets, like we are, to his bike. Was making it a street tracker and he added the oval side panels like you will see on the Scrambler kit. I prefer the black ones better and purchased his off him. Sad but I think he ended up selling the bike so not sure what happened. I believe they are black anodized but not 100% sure.

Upload 2016 4 19 6 5 41

The Arrows are nice. I think the Agostinos sound the best to me listening on-line but the other options were $1K so I opted for the Mistrals and for the money they are close. I am not sure about the noise standards you have but many of these other exhaust do not really sound louder to me. Others will weigh in that know more than I do but they just have a nice rumble to them and I like the minimalist look to them and was great holding each on and feeling how much lighter the new ones are.

I really like the head guards you purchased as well however I really dislike the aesthetics of the stock head covers so I went with a set Todd has put together (which incorporates an OEM Guzzi headguard and a custom plate) in another thread but they really look nice. I will be anxious to see pictures if you ever buy and install that tank rack too. I can see me doing that as well at some point.

Upload 2016 4 19 6 18 7

You are correct that you do not want to lose the character of the bike while still altering it enough to make it your own. I think the path you are going down is accomplishing that.

The next nugget I bought was a set of MAS Engineering fenders. I am actually okay with the front but the back is too bulky. I had a fender eliminator on my V11 Sport and I liked it but I believe the character of this bike calls for small steel/aluminum fenders. Had them in a box for a month. Unlike you the weather is too nice here so I have too many distractions and need to find 2-4 hours to knock that project off.

Finally, I would have opted for Todd's passenger pegs and despite them being easy on and off they would have needed to fold for me to purchase. I agree the set from the cafe that I installed on my bike is ugly, however, after the dealer installed them I will say they are fairly well hidden against other black parts/tires in the area.

Best of Luck!

Wish I could get back there for that event. I grew up on the South coast of Massachusetts. Miss those Laconia races in June each year.

You and Bugs should meet up for that run. It's sooooo freakin pretty back there that time of year. God I miss that area.

Elkgrichard,
I'm in Southeast Massachusetts, down by Taunton. Laconia is a favorite ride for me. Where did you grow up?
Joe

I grew up in Dartmouth, Mass. Great place to have grown up sailing and fishing, back when you could ride a Schwinn all over town and didn't head home until the street lights flicked on. Dartmouth still a great little town to raise kids. Last time I visited back there, noticed the housing cost about on par with the Sacramento area. My kids are all out here iin California, and the wife would never leave this area. My heart will always be back there. I still sail out here but it's not like crossing that open ocean over to the VIneyard. When I was 12 years old I once sailed a 12 foot cat over to the Vineyard and the Coast Guard was waiting for me when I got there. Got my rear end tanned over that episode. No life jacket and I packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the trip. I was trying to find England.

:)
I grew up in Dartmouth, Mass. Great place to have grown up sailing and fishing, back when you could ride a Schwinn all over town and didn't head home until the street lights flicked on. Dartmouth still a great little town to raise kids. Last time I visited back there, noticed the housing cost about on par with the Sacramento area. My kids are all out here iin California, and the wife would never leave this area. My heart will always be back there. I still sail out here but it's not like crossing that open ocean over to the VIneyard. When I was 12 years old I once sailed a 12 foot cat over to the Vineyard and the Coast Guard was waiting for me when I got there. Got my rear end tanned over that episode. No life jacket and I packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the trip. I was trying to find England.

Funny how people are different. Spent my entire life between Newburyport and we moved from Norwood a dozen years ago. I remember too many 4th of July's raining and in the 60's. We had a weekend getaway Jun 26th 20xx and it rained and in the 50's. We left screaming and never looked back. Now our weekends we run out of time and can't get all our fun in each weekend. I tell folks it is a great place to visit anytime between July 8th and the 20th. You are taking your chances other times than that. :)

The Arrows are nice. I think the Agostinos sound the best to me listening on-line but the other options were $1K so I opted for the Mistrals and for the money they are close. I am not sure about the noise standards you have but many of these other exhaust do not really sound louder to me. Others will weigh in that know more than I do but they just have a nice rumble to them and I like the minimalist look to them and was great holding each on and feeling how much lighter the new ones are.

I really like the head guards you purchased as well however I really dislike the aesthetics of the stock head covers so I went with a set Todd has put together (which incorporates an OEM Guzzi headguard and a custom plate) in another thread but they really look nice. I will be anxious to see pictures if you ever buy and install that tank rack too. I can see me doing that as well at some point.

You are correct that you do not want to lose the character of the bike while still altering it enough to make it your own. I think the path you are going down is accomplishing that.

The next nugget I bought was a set of MAS Engineering fenders. I am actually okay with the front but the back is too bulky. I had a fender eliminator on my V11 Sport and I liked it but I believe the character of this bike calls for small steel/aluminum fenders. Had them in a box for a month. Unlike you the weather is too nice here so I have too many distractions and need to find 2-4 hours to knock that project off.

Finally, I would have opted for Todd's passenger pegs and despite them being easy on and off they would have needed to fold for me to purchase. I agree the set from the cafe that I installed on my bike is ugly, however, after the dealer installed them I will say they are fairly well hidden against other black parts/tires in the area.

Thanks for that - Much appreciated! Once I know what is the what with aftermarket pipes and that the decibel levels are within acceptable norms here in Quebec, I'll pull the trigger in a year or two. I like your pipes as well and will look into the set when I am ready. I think what drew me to the arrows are the stainless steel finish that matches the side panels at the moment. It looks like it was made specifically for our bike. Also, if my memory recalls, at least in Europe, you can swap out your stock pipes for arrows without having to do a remap/flash/etc... which appeals to me.

The head guards I have on my bike will fit ANY moto guzzi V7 head! ;) They are super light and take minutes to install.

21-308g1hm06v1kiywkmxn7re.jpg

Here are a few pics of a V7 With The Tank Rack:

50.jpg

48.jpg

I really like it. They do sell a belt in black that basically attaches to it on the bottom. The top is attached to the screws on the gas tank. The centre of the rack is designed to expose the tank leather strap. They sell their own with the lower loop, but I want to keep my bealt brown and hence might just modify my existing tank strap and add the loop. Not sure though. It would cost less than the proposed 100 Euros for just the leather strap. I will let you know though when I buy it and how it works. I do like the classic look it gives the bike and its more my style than a giant rear rack to be certain. I travel light.

I like the idea of your new fenders. Where did you buy them? I ride in all weather conditions (bar snow) so a fender eliminator kit is definitely not on my list of to do. Had them in the past and I end up soaked, muddy, etc... which sucks if you are on your way to work! lol. As for Todd's rear pegs, honestly, I was worried at first too about their lack of ability to move upwards. However, at least with the stock pipes on the bike, it just stops short of actually going over them. Have a look (click to view) at the following pictures of the bike parked via my blog (don't know how to upload a picture without finding it via the internet - sorry). If the bike were ever to tip over the pegs themselves are protected by the exhaust. So because of that, it makes no difference if they can raise up or not. It may be different with a smaller exhaust system like yours?! That being said, I like the idea that they can also act as sliders when I eventually swap out my pipes in the distant future.

The ONLY accessory I purchased that ended up not working right out of the box is the bash plat from BAAK.

engine-protection-sump-guard-for-v7.jpg

There is nothing wrong with it. Apparently, in Europe, the Moto Guzzi V7 is missing a component on the bottom behind the sump:

engine-protection-sump-guard-for-v7.jpg

However, if you look at my bike, I have a round canister behind my sump (sorry the picture isn't great but you can make it out - there are more pics via my blog):

20150924_094045.jpg

I noticed not every V7 has this so I am assuming its some requirement for Canada regarding emissions. I haven't bother to look to much into it as I am just enjoying riding at the moment. I can fix the issue by making longer brackets (which I will likely do) as the plate fits perfectly fine on the front. But the side arms are too short now because of the canister. :oops:

The only other issue I have had was with my bar end mirros from Corsa Italiana. The right hand side vibrated the screws so loose that the mirror itself nearly flew off the other day! Unfortunately, the design of the mirrors looks like I have to break the mirror off in order to screw it back in properly (see pic below). I did email the company in the UK and am waiting to hear back from them. If anyone has ever had this issue and know how to fix the problem without ruining the mirror itself let me know please. Otherwise, I think they are great!

DSCF1711.jpg

Otherwise, life is good.

:)

Funny how people are different. Spent my entire life between Newburyport and we moved from Norwood a dozen years ago. I remember too many 4th of July's raining and in the 60's. We had a weekend getaway Jun 26th 20xx and it rained and in the 50's. We left screaming and never looked back. Now our weekends we run out of time and can't get all our fun in each weekend. I tell folks it is a great place to visit anytime between July 8th and the 20th. You are taking your chances other times than that. :)

Bob, my ex-wife grew up in Norwood. Yes, New England has about 1 month of true hot weather riding. Even then it can get chilly at night. But who am I to complain? In Maine or Canada they have real weather to deal with.

Elkgrichard, My son will be going to UMass Dartmouth. He's not excited, because he thinks Dartmouth is a cow-town. He's more a New York city guy.

And sorry for the thread hijack. I'll post something on the NE regional board to make up for it.

Don't be sorry, enjoy reading what you are all up to. I need to get my passport renewed before I can even think of heading down to the states! That being said, would be happy to meet up with folks when the time comes and if there is any interest. Ride safe!

Back