• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need help with locating parts for a 1985 Le Mans IV

MedicAndy

Tuned and Synch'ed
I just purchased a 1985 Le Mans IV with 5100 original miles today. The bike is in great shape, but I will need to update / buy a couple of items. Can anyone tell me a good parts source / dealer for older Moto Guzzi models besides eBay? For now, I need to find me a tail-light lens (DGM 31182), and two new rubber intake carburetor mount sleeves. It would be great if anyone knows of a US source, or if need be, an international source / dealer that I could buy parts from.

Thanks,

Andy IMG 9075 IMG 9085

Beauty, congrats. Start with MGCycle.com - they'll give you some direction if they don't have it.

If MG Cycle doesn't have it, one of the dealers that has been around since the 70s is Harper's Moto Guzzi. Whenever I've needed a hard to find part, they have been able to come up with it. Their number is (816) 697-3411 They have been having some issues with their web site lately.

What a beautiful time capsule. Nice to find those gems and breathe new life back into them. They belong on the road, not in a storage bin.

Thanks for all of the reply's! I have already started to order some of the items that are in need of replacement. She is a good looking and driving bike, but she does need a couple of cosmetic detailing. (Only to satisfy my OCD!) I also was fortunate that I have a local shop here in Raleigh, NC, who's owner specializes in Italian bikes, so he will do a complete tune-up, fluid change, greasing, adjusting, and whatever else she will need in order for her to be ready this summer.

I will post some pictures of the before and after cosmetic details like: rusted bolts, aluminum pitting on drive shaft and foot mounting brackets, some dry-rott rubber bushings, the little things..... as I get them completed. I don't want to do to much to her, since she is an unmolested and original bike, so I'm going to learn to live with some of the small paint flaws (scratches) that she has.

I did start with cleaning her, and one of her other stable companions up a little today. She is going to be a looker when she is done!

Thanks again for all of the good advice and comments from all of you!

Andy

ps: The RS1100R is an all original 1996 with 6200 miles on here. I bought her 3 weeks ago out of NY for only $1,250.00 She was sitting for almost 17 years, so I had my local BMW dealer give her a good tuning, and she drives absolutely perfect.

IMG 9092 IMG 9110 IMG 9108

[QUOTE="MedicAndy, post: 117436, member: 16231

ps: The RS1100R is an all original 1996 with 6200 miles on here. I bought her 3 weeks ago out of NY for only $1,250.00 She was sitting for almost 17 years, so I had my local BMW dealer give her a good tuning, and she drives absolutely perfect.
[/QUOTE]

Pay particular attention for the fuel connectors by the fuel tank. One is pressure, one is return. If still plastic, these tended to fail early in the bikes life. Metal disconnects are available http://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon.html When I replace them I do it one at a time, and I switch the direction of one of the two units so they can't be cross connected in the future. If cross connected the pressure regulator may misbehave for awhile or become damaged.

Back