• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heat, de-cat = effect

rudolf35

Just got it firing!
I have a 2007 Breva 1100 and after the first 1k, I did note the excessive heat off the pot below the transmission - it put my R1150 GS to shame as a heat generator. That being said, I found the Mistral crossover and now the question is what are the side effects of the "de-cating"? On the GS, Bonnie and other bikes it was a non-issue; this is my first "go" at a injected Goose all my other Geese have been carbed.

IMG 0005

Hi , i put one of Todds crossovers on my 2005 Breva, its very well designed. Heat to feet has reduced significantly - from barely tolerable to ok its still warm - I think it just blows back from the headers , I live in Australia so our climates are similar to texas ? I still have std muffler- no other changes required .
Dave

Aussiedave,

Good to know that the crossover does what I am aiming for. Our temps are about the same as most of Australia so if it works for you, it wil work for me.
After the crossover is mounted I will turn the O2 sensor off, ECU tweak, set the idle aim at 1100 and a tad riches - live should be good after that.

Does he make a crossover for a 2012 Norge? Can I just change out the cat with the crossover and be done? no remap ? thanks, Spike

I am a new to injected Geese; but I am willing to bet the 12 would react like my 07 should. Worst that can happen is a need for a re-map.

I have a 2012 Norge that while the mpg is not a deal breaker I prefer a bike to go farther than 200 miles on a tank of gas. I am currently getting 35mpg. I was wondering if anybody has noticed a fuel mileage change with the installation of the crossover pipe or muffler or both. The cat is in the crossover on the 2012. I have a reflash box on order from Todd as I did the roller lifter update and it runs rather poorly as is and that may be part of my problem. Feels like it is missing but I doubt it with new plugs and NGK plug caps. I just think it needs correct mapping.

Rudy, Disconnect the battery for a few minutes. That should cause the ECU to forget learned parameters and start to relearn with the new roller tappets and cams. May help until the equipment from Todd arrives. Not sure if removing the cat will improve mileage or not. It made no difference on my 1100 Breva, but I'm running a factory map.

I had it disconnected while cleaning the ground cable connection and doing some other work while I was also doing the tappets. I was hoping that would have helped but does not seem so. I may try disconnecting it again just to see. I could go to the dealer for a reflash but at about $100 I figured Todd's reflash would make more sense. As I await it's arrival I hesitate taking the bike because of how poorly it runs. If I was taking a longer trip the Norge woukd sit and the V-Strom would get the nod. That is how bad it fels. If the crossover can help then the reflash would really be great as Todd could set it all to match.

Removing the cat would get rid of much of the heat generated. A pipe and reflash from Todd would help. If you add the auto tune, then it should be really good.

Hi,
Just on the fuel consumption side , i didnt notice much difference after replacing cat with x over on 1100 Breva.
The dash reading in true Guzzi fashion is a vague liar. I mostly ride two up , often with the panniers on. On a run it usually indicates 37 mpg ( i have converted to US gall) but at the end of the day or a two day trip and near empty tank it will tell me I have averaged 43 mpg . When the orange low fuel light comes on , you really can do another 40 miles or so. But why push it?
I find the dash reads high initially , but there is always more left in the tank at the end of the day than you think. I have the Guzzi clear screen and the fuel consumption is significantly affected by head wind / tail wind .
Cheers
Dave

The fuel gauge on the Breva is for entertainment purposes only; like it was on my GS1150. Per odometer, I am getting, around town, 43mpg; on the highway around 46mpg. My Breva 1100 is bone stock with the crossover.

Thought I might chime in since I started this thread. :giggle:

You can correct for the consumption readings by changing some map parameters. Most likely, your speedo will be out and this will change what it calculates as your consumption. Easily fixed but you will have to put effort into it.

Back