• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dapper Kit partially installed. Here you are the photos.

Emir

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi folks,
My Racer II is approximately 2 months old :) and I ran the bike for nearly 4000 km.
Since I bought the bike I really loved it but hated the mirrors and grips.
Maybe sof you remember that I replaced those low quality material with OEM bar end mirrors and rizoma grips.

After that I realised that, the bumpy rear fender and taillight group seems very bad to me.
I searched about fender eliminator kits.
But then decided that no rear fender look is not the one I was searching for.

And I decided to give a try to OEM modification options.
I found that dapper kit which is served by Moto Guzzi is suitable for me.

aliminium short fenders and racing licence plate bracket and rear idicator brackets.

Luckly my local dealer has the parts I need and I could buy them without waiting shipping time.

Immediately I took the bike and the parts to shop.
IT's so rainy nowadays so the bike is in dirt and mud.

Here is the first photo of the process:

We start with front fender.
When we loose the black plastic fender it's obvius that the new one is shorter :

Looks more combined with the bike overall and it's more sporty:

After that, started to rear. Rear fender is really huge and heavy. And looks real old to me:

New shiny and sporty rear fender:

Now It's time for the tail light and rear indicators. I prefered the stock tail light and signals because the universal ones dont look really quality to me. Maybe rizoma turn signals are good but they dont look retro like to stock ones. So we seperated the signals from tail light.

And mounted the taillight to new racing plate bracket.

The rear part looks smooth and clean now.

After that we mounted the turn signal brackets and wired the signals. But unfortunately my phones battery died and couldnt have those process photos.

And today after a cleaning of the bike. Here is the result.
Please give your opinion :

And there is a photo of bike with all stock version. When I bought it on March 2016.
what do you think ? Does she look good ?

What else can be done ?
I will add cafe fairing and custom seat cowl. And after that I will try to buy exhaust silencers but not sure about which one.Wanna hear your thoughts.

Have fun, ride safe.

Hi Emir - Thanks so much for posting this. I was going to try and install my set tomorrow. May I ask you how long this took? Is it easy enough? I am hoping in 2-3 hours but not sure?

I went with Mistrals as in the US they were the best for the money. Maybe not the best but almost 50% less than Arrow, etc.

Hi Bob,
I think it took nearly 3 hours for my mechanic to install and wire all the stuff. You will need to wire turn signals to the main electic wire so it may take some time. On the other hand, fenders are easy to install.
Infact I'm planning to buy mistral exhaust too but It's not sold in my country. I think i will have to buy it overseas and it concerns me a little. Shippinf from US is meaninglessly expensive. I must buy it from europe.
By the way which mistral you suggest ? I prefer short pipes but not sure about the sound.

Hi Bob,
I think it took nearly 3 hours for my mechanic to install and wire all the stuff. You will need to wire turn signals to the main electic wire so it may take some time. On the other hand, fenders are easy to install.
Infact I'm planning to buy mistral exhaust too but It's not sold in my country. I think i will have to buy it overseas and it concerns me a little. Shippinf from US is meaninglessly expensive. I must buy it from europe.
By the way which mistral you suggest ? I prefer short pipes but not sure about the sound.

I bought these.....not sure they are the short ones. These are more "rumble" than stock. My wife says louder but due to rumble rather than noise if that makes any sense.

Why would wiring be different on the signals as they are wired currently? Why would it be different?

I bought these.....not sure they are the short ones. These are more "rumble" than stock. My wife says louder but due to rumble rather than noise if that makes any sense.

Why would wiring be different on the signals as they are wired currently? Why would it be different?

ıf you wont change the position of rear turn signals there is no need of wiring. You take off the tail light and integrated signals and install it with new licence plate holder. plug the wire and ready to go.
But like i did, if you want to re-position the turn signals back to the seat you will have to apart them from taillight and integrated wire. The main wire will carry the power to taillight and you have to take paralel lines to the new position of turn signals.
thats the diffrence.

Ah, I missed that part. Your tail-light is on the bracket but you relocated the turn-signals. That makes sense. Hopefully I will have success tomorrow. You had to remove the 2 clamps on the front fork to remove the old fender? Did you re-use or replace?

Ah, I missed that part. Your tail-light is on the bracket but you relocated the turn-signals. That makes sense. Hopefully I will have success tomorrow. You had to remove the 2 clamps on the front fork to remove the old fender? Did you re-use or replace?

My mechanic re-used them. for now they seems ok :)

I thank you for the link.
mistral looks real good on your bike and be sure that with dapper kit you will have a complete different bike.

Upload 2016 5 12 7 34 55 actually that was from the site. My bike a bit different like this.......one more question........did you cover the opening where the turn-signals originally plugged into the tail-light?

This is mine currently with the ugly black fenders.

your bikes black seat looks real good. by the way do you think to replace the tank belt with a black one ? That will look more suitable with the seat.
and your question:
I havent covered the holes yet. In fact I dıd'nt think about it till i ripped the signals :) Now there is holes on the taillight. It looks bad and can take water inside . So i must figure out somehow to fix this issue. but i dont know how ? What can i do except applying black isolation tape to the holes ?
I dont want to change tail light because of this.

I Like your idea about a black strap.......may need to consider that.

I am not sure on a cap solution. Why I was thinking if I relocated the turn-signals (which look better) I may need to go with a different taillight. Maybe some other folks will have some clever ideas?

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-12_7-48-1.png
    upload_2016-5-12_7-48-1.png
    540.7 KB · Views: 8
a different tail light will be difficult to locate on new licence plate bracket. because the plastic part which is mounted on the bracket is curved to to the taillight. If you change the tail light you will have to do some custom job to fix it.
I dont say that it cant be done but maybe difficult for me.

So I will add that to my "some-day" list to do and will add exactly as it sits today till I see what maybe some other folks do as well.

Great job on the bike it looks much better. I will say I would have gone with the Rizoma Club S line turn signals and the Class Retro, Spy Arm or Reverse Retro bar end mirrors. Far superior products... I'm not biased though... haha :D

Great job on the bike it looks much better. I will say I would have gone with the Rizoma Club S line turn signals and the Class Retro, Spy Arm or Reverse Retro bar end mirrors. Far superior products... I'm not biased though... haha :D

Rizoma Club S turn signals look real good. I can think about them if they are not so tiny.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Here is mine....finally got time.
IMG_5775_zpshsz7eumo.jpg

IMG_5774_zpsjc4nnzzk.jpg

66D67E81-4034-4FF8-92A0-3BF1B9401C4C_zpsdiliy6ta.jpg

Last edited:
Back