• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Exhaust - Ebay - Anyone purchase these? Looking for feedback

They actually look like generic slip ons. there is a company called Emgo that makes some very similar & way less money.

may want to go back to ebay & see if you can find niche cycle supply. They used to have a good choice of slip on universal fit mufflers.

I really liked the replica Dunstall's on the old 850's.

Wow - thanks! Just looked and seem very similar and far less expense. Thanks for the quick reply

I checked there - love a few of them, but these were at such a low price point, I wanted to inquire. Thanks for all the help.

If they are EMGO, leave them there. There are better choices available - see store here.

If they are EMGO, leave them there. There are better choices available - see store here.

Thanks for the feeback. I really liked the style (size and polished chrome). Do you specifics on the concerns? Quality etc.. Is there a better option in that price range? $300 shipped

Thanks

quality (that I have seen) is ordinary at best, and do nothing for performance. I had to take out the internal baffle before my engine would rev (too restrictive), chrome is the poorest quality, and sound like shit. I went down this road before I finally settled on the GT product

Appreciate the feedback. I was doing some digging after your response and found these exact mufflers on amazon listed as EMGO Short Mufflers for $136 a set shipped.

I will have to weight the cost vs performance/quality, but might give them a shoot. If I do, I'll post a review so others have more info. Also feel better about purchasing from Amazon.

Thank you for all your responses!

quality (that I have seen) is ordinary at best, and do nothing for performance. I had to take out the internal baffle before my engine would rev (too restrictive), chrome is the poorest quality, and sound like shit. I went down this road before I finally settled on the GT product

Let me get this right, You never owned a set of these mufflers, but you inherently know all about the quality, chrome, sound, restrictions, etc? Did you see a set of these mufflers, or just comparing to some other product you have had a bad experience with?

I think it's about time some sanity with pricing occurred with mufflers. Look to me almost to the point of price fixing between some of these companies providing headers and mufflers to the folk. I've seen this before with the Triumph Bonneville's, then all of a sudden it became real competitive, YUP... all the prices dropped to about half in some cases. Along with supplier mark ups moved down because they had to compete with others less inclined to Quadrate multiply the profits.

Nothing wrong with making money, so long as we don't reach that point of evil.

Last edited:
I think it's about time some sanity with pricing occurred with mufflers. Look to me almost to the point of price fixing between some of these companies providing headers and mufflers to the folk. I've seen this before with the Triumph Bonneville's...
All about supply and demand, and in my case Made in China vs. 100% hand-built/Made in the USA. Some people can only afford cheap mufflers, and you get what you pay for... to each their own. I started building exhaust when I tired of buying things over and over that fell apart in far too short of time.

I appreciate what minuscule product support I get here for my GT/GT-Rx® products, and I can promise you in my case it's not about fixing or gouging, it's about trying to make a buck on a teeny-tiny niche market. Stainless steel and labor here in SoCal is top $.
I can always throw my hands up and walk away, which I've been close to doing many times now.

Best money I spent on my bike was the 2 into 1 system and reflash. I even bought the short stubby muffler so I can switch it up once in awhile. All the welds look perfect the stainless is perfect and the sound and look is outstanding. Also buying from GuzziTech you know it's designed and going to perform and stand the test of time on our bikes. I'm not rich or anything but I'll spend what it takes for quality products.

All about supply and demand, and in my case Made in China vs. 100% hand-built/Made in the USA. Some people can only afford cheap mufflers, and you get what you pay for... to each their own. I started building exhaust when I tired of buying things over and over that fell apart in far too short of time.

I appreciate what minuscule product support I get here for my GT/GT-Rx® products, and I can promise you in my case it's not about fixing or gouging, it's about trying to make a buck on a teeny-tiny niche market. Stainless steel and labor here in SoCal is top $.
I can always throw my hands up and walk away, which I've been close to doing many times now.

Throw your hands up, them people in China need jobs. We have welfare over here, you don't need a job. Obama's got you covered brother. Trump's all about keeping you working until you drop, Just think about all the new jobs picking tomatoes and walking around with a leaf blower on your back. I think welfare is more attractive myself.

Last edited:
They're cheap because they're garbage so you'll end up replacing those exhausts sooner than later. With some things, paying less is paying more, so better to save up and purchase quality products that you'll want to keep. I got these, can't recommend them enough: https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-v7-reverse-cone-megs-low/ Engineered and designed specifically for the V7, they sound amazing and look just right. The fit and finish is top notch.

I would agree the cheap Emgo stuff sound bad, It's the thin steel they use.

Nothing sounds better then a thicker walled stainless system, you get that deep rich sound and you will pay more.

Purchased an old Triumph one time with a set of Emgo mufflers. That thing sounded like a rat trap, made people cringe. When I removed them, noticed they had cracks all over the place. Pure junk.

Back