• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What's the deal, are the original people gone?

Sanders63

Tuned and Synch'ed
8 days ago I posted a question about racing a V65, then 1 day later(I think) I posted it on small block & then I replied to someone that had rebuilt their V65 front forks with a question, then I posted questions about front suspension & wheels ?
Maybe being 67 has something to do with it or being a Redneck, but donating to this site so I can get some kind of feed back or info & getting Zip, kind of chaps a old man's butt!
Ya'll have a nice life

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I guess I am not old enough..... ;-)
I do have an 87 Lario, that is my oldest Guzzi. But I am by no means an expert on old small blocks.

I also have no clue on an old small block even though tho V50 was the Guzzi that made me say I want a Guzzi it wasn't till the 2007 Norge that I got one.

Maybe being 67 has something to do with it or being a Redneck, but donating to this site so I can get some kind of feed back or info & getting Zip, kind of chaps a old man's butt!
Ya'll have a nice life

WOW!!! How would anyone here know your age, IQ or life style & how does all that figure in to your disappointment?

On a different forum I once asked about valve adjustment on a Cali 1400 I owned & also mentioned that the Guzzi Service Manual stated that it had hydraulic lifters & you would have thought I dis-respected their mothers!!!!

I would much rather be ignored.

My questions are usually answered by John Zibell, thanks to him I managed to fix a few things without having to go the machanic :)

I think there are a few people like john who know their stuff about guzzi's (smallblock), and more people like me who want to know more... But wait a year or two and hopefully I will be able to contribute to this forum more :)

WOW!!! How would anyone here know your age, IQ or life style & how does all that figure in to your disappointment?

On a different forum I once asked about valve adjustment on a Cali 1400 I owned & also mentioned that the Guzzi Service Manual stated that it had hydraulic lifters & you would have thought I dis-respected their mothers!!!!

I would much rather be ignored.
His point was that his age and being a Redneck (LOL) influences HIS perspective to the site and it looks like he thinks payment is required to get any real help.

I must admit, being near his age, I have little patience with forum responses to my questions that are from people that have not read the question, have no experience with the question, know someone who thinks they heard from someone that might know something kinda the same, pull some bullshit answer out of their ass or derail the question to something totally unrealated.
It's frustrating and I too would rather be ignored than have to dig through a pile of shitty responses to find anything of value.
If you don't have anything to add to the question DON"T RESPOND!
NOT saying it's this site necessarily but it happens a lot!

There...I feel better now :)

Heck Keith
You made me feel better:happy:
Thanks to all for the replies,
Still would like to know about the air adjust forks on a v65 rebuild, jetting dellorto's for pod filters & if there is any problem putting a Lario front wheel on a v65c, there shouldn't be, but its Italian;)
I was on this site 4 years ago (Hence Sanders63) building on a 1996 V1100 Cal. changed rear gearing, fuel tank & such, & got some info on timing & tuning the V65c
If any of you run across anyone with info send them my way.
On the oil question:
if your bike calls for 10-60w ? & you switch to 15-50W by using the 15 bottom weight your putting more pressure on your oiling system & rpm response of the engine even if only a minute amount. Living in Massachusetts the 50 top weight should make no difference unless you are running near red line a lot or racing.
Ya'll have a great day

Not owning a small block I have little info but there is a thread on here where changing the 16" wheel to a larger one but since I don't know where it was I stayed quiet. I though somebody would bring it up.
If there are no threads on the forks I would check the archives. I am on the road right now so I don't have time to look.

I have more questions than answers, and usually respond to discussion out of comraderie and humor, as much to entertain myself as I like to write and converse. I don't reply direct technical questions unless I think I can help or add to an answer. I am good with a wrench and can knuckle along pretty well on most old school 4 wheel mechanical issues, questions and answers. 15+50=65, 10+60=70. You come up short 5Ws with 15w-50 so you might want to use one quart of 5W to pick up the slack (depends on oil pan size). Simple math.

If I was positive on the answers to your questions I would have responded. As such, I don't respond with possibly incorrect questions. The air forks on these bikes didn't hang around long and neither did the bikes they were on so I don't have any experience with them. Jetting is always a trial and error procedure reading plugs along the way. The air intake you use and the condition of the exhaust make jetting nearly an individual setting for each bike. Sometime you just have to come up with the factory manual and just give it a go.

Back