• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT-RX Exhaust Questions on Sound, Setups, etc.

Poppe

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I was hoping the forum could help me with some questions/thoughts I'm having on an exhaust setup since I'm new to having a nice bike / modifying a bike.

I think I've circled down to two different exhaust setups:

NUMBER 1 Choice Setup
  • GT-Rx SS V7 Stubby Mufflers +
  • GT-Rx V7 SS Headers & H-Pipe +
  • GT-Rx Fueling Modification / Tune
NUMBER 2 Choice Setup (Almost equal to 1)
  • GT-Rx V7 2:1 Full Stainless Underbody/Stubby +
  • GT-Rx Fueling Modification / Tune
So here are a few questions that I would like answered:
  1. Does any body in the SoCal area (yes I'll ride/drive to you) have either of these setups? And if so, can I come stop by and take a listen
  2. I'm having trouble listening to hearing the difference on YouTube videos. These are the two I've found online that have these setups. Could someone please help with describing the sound differences if possible? Loudness, deepness, "tingyness" etc?
  3. I'm going to get the Fuel Modification Tune no matter what exhaust I get. With taking that into account, what are the main differences between the two setups (not counting looks). Advantages over one? Disadvantages?
  4. What are the installation processes like for both setups?
  5. I was going to get a guard plate on the bottom, but will that not be possible anymore if I go with one of these setups?
I'm sure I have more questions, but I can't think of them right now.

Thanks!

Exhaust sounds in question:

Stubby Mufflers -

AND the Underbody 2:1 -

I have a 2013 v7 racer with the GuzziTech 2 into1 setup with reflash. I purchased the stubby muffler and also the megaphone muffler. Both sound great and I do use both. Right now I have the megaphone muffler on and I like how it sounds and looks. Installation is very easy. If you have any questions let me know. Hope this helps

I have a 2013 v7 racer with the GuzziTech 2 into1 setup with reflash. I purchased the stubby muffler and also the megaphone muffler. Both sound great and I do use both. Right now I have the megaphone muffler on and I like how it sounds and looks. Installation is very easy. If you have any questions let me know. Hope this helps

Thanks! My big question for the 2 into 1 setup is how does it sound in the top end RPM rang. It's hard to tell from the GuzziTech video, but it almost seems like it falls flat as the RPMs run up. How is it in the deep tones as well? And finally, what is it like on a highway at a constant speed?

I really like the way this sounds at revving when it gets up in the higher rpm range. Maybe the 2:1 sounds pretty similar?

It has a nice sound at highway speeds. It's a little louder with the stubby muffler but not annoying loud. Both mufflers produce a nice deep rich sound I think I like the sound of the megaphone muffler better. It sounds much better then the video you posted of the 2 pipes into the stubby mufflers. I know it's a hard decision but I don't regret the setup I have and if I had to choose one muffler I would go with the 2 into 1 with the megaphone. Looks great and has a very nice overall sound around town and at highway speeds.

Don't know how much this helps but I have a 2013 Griso with the GT 2 into1 under carriage set up & I couldn't be happier with the looks & sound.

Of course we are talking two way different machines but on acceleration especially getting into the power zone the sound is crisp & clear & anyone listening knows this is a well tuned machine. It quiets down nicely at cruise speed but still has enuf throat to be pleasing & have people standing on the road side give a look to see whats coming.

Personally on the V7 bikes I would prefer the old school dual muffler look but that's just because that is how I remember them.

I never cared for the single sided exhaust of the stock Griso it always seemed "out of balance" to me so I was really glad to see this bike had Todds under carriage system.

Does any body in the SoCal area (yes I'll ride/drive to you) have either of these setups? And if so, can I come stop by and take a listen
I've sold a couple here in L.A. - contact me direct email (Todd at GuzziTech.com) and I'll try to to connect you to one so you can go have a listen. I always say online videos are worthless, yet everyone always wants them. The stubby mufflers are basically no muffler at all, more of a look. The reverse cone meg is an actual muffler.

Don't know how much this helps but I have a 2013 Griso with the GT 2 into1 under carriage set up & I couldn't be happier with the looks & sound.

Of course we are talking two way different machines but on acceleration especially getting into the power zone the sound is crisp & clear & anyone listening knows this is a well tuned machine. It quiets down nicely at cruise speed but still has enuf throat to be pleasing & have people standing on the road side give a look to see whats coming.

Personally on the V7 bikes I would prefer the old school dual muffler look but that's just because that is how I remember them.

I never cared for the single sided exhaust of the stock Griso it always seemed "out of balance" to me so I was really glad to see this bike had Todds under carriage system.

That's actually exactly why I like the dual stubby muffle setup and why it's my number one choice at the moment - I just like the balance of a dual muffler / exhaust look on a V7. I think it really balances out the lines of the bikes.

It has a nice sound at highway speeds. It's a little louder with the stubby muffler but not annoying loud. Both mufflers produce a nice deep rich sound I think I like the sound of the megaphone muffler better. It sounds much better then the video you posted of the 2 pipes into the stubby mufflers. I know it's a hard decision but I don't regret the setup I have and if I had to choose one muffler I would go with the 2 into 1 with the megaphone. Looks great and has a very nice overall sound around town and at highway speeds.

Thanks! Really appreciate the thoughts.

I've sold a couple here in L.A. - contact me direct email (Todd at GuzziTech.com) and I'll try to to connect you to one so you can go have a listen. I always say online videos are worthless, yet everyone always wants them. The stubby mufflers are basically no muffler at all, more of a look. The reverse cone meg is an actual muffler.

I completely agree with the video! But also, with so many great options it's such a hard decision. I'll email you as I think that would help me out a lot. I personally like the look of the dual stubby muffler setup the best - 2:1 has never been my thing, but if the sound is much better then I'll go with that.

Thanks!

I completely agree with the video! But also, with so many great options it's such a hard decision. I'll email you as I think that would help me out a lot. I personally like the look of the dual stubby muffler setup the best - 2:1 has never been my thing, but if the sound is much better then I'll go with that.

Thanks!
I think you would be happier with the sound of the megaphone muffler instead of the stubby and you can still have dual pipes you don't have to have the 2 into 1.

Thanks!

I am in LA and have the GT-Rx 2-2 Setup <https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v7-full-ss-2-2/> if you want to give it a listen just let me know and we can figure something out.

Previous to my current setup I had stock headers with Mistral Reverse Cones (a gift received for my first Guzzi , a 2010 Classic). A Prius took me out / bike was "totaled" (right side Mistral and Headers beyond repair) so on went the full GT-Rx system.

If the crash didn't happen I most likely would have stuck with the Mistrals and upgraded to the SS Headers.

If I didn't already have the MIstrals I would have gone with what I have now.

Previous to my current setup I had stock headers with Mistral Reverse Cones (a gift received for my first Guzzi , a 2010 Classic). A Prius took me out / bike was "totaled" (right side Mistral and Headers beyond repair) so on went the full GT-Rx system.

If the crash didn't happen I most likely would have stuck with the Mistrals and upgraded to the SS Headers.

If I didn't already have the MIstrals I would have gone with what I have now.

Oh copy that. I rode with a guy that had mistrals with the DB removed and they sounded pretty damn good, but I wish they were just a hair louder. I can't remember if your full system is louder than the full system from the mistral, but I think it was? I definitely like the way yours looks a lot better.

Last edited:
I think both are fairly similar on the "loud" front. The Mistrals maybe a bit more low end and Todd's have an angrier sound / snarl to them.

That's a good way of describing the difference.
I agree that the Guzzi-Tech 2>1 set-up on my bike has a snarl to it!

Sound and personal preferences are in line with feel when it comes to talking about power. I care about not having too loud of exhaust systems, but I care most about power, which nearly none of the other companies that sell exhaust systems talk about or will post power graphs. Yes my systems are much louder than stock. The power backs the sound. They are in no way as loud as most Harleys I experience daily, unless we're talking about the stubby mufflers on my system (as I've repetitively stated are basically no mufflers at all). The exhaust velocities on the Quattrovalvole motor are stupendous, and as such have a much louder sound volume at the end of the exhaust.

As to power "feel"... below is a graph of a stock older 1100 motor, and post mods by me. Almost always people would say, "so why does it seem my motor lost the upper RPM pull? It seems slower now." Well, because the torque curve is now MUCH higher, and there are no dips in the power curves like stock. Feel is deceptive. Much the same as with the V7 motor as shown on the other graphs in this section.

I also put my systems up against all others for longevity with a lifetime warranty against cracking and workmanship.

Dyno-TE-Max.jpg

Back