• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fitting an NTX Handguard Kit onto California Touring

rslezak

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Greeting to all,

I'm a new Guzzi owner and I just finished a 4,000 plus mile trip from the west coast to the north east. I have to admit that there were a few times along the way when I wished I had either a batwing fairing or something to protect the hands. The patrol windscreen did a good job but offered no protection for the hands whatsoever.

Driving through AZ and NM temps dropped into the 40's after dark so the hands got kinda cold even with winter gloves...

Recently, I was at the MG dealer and from my initial observation the California handlebar controls looked very similar to the Stelvio controls. I asked the dealer and he said he didn't know if the Stelvio NTX handguards would fit on the 1400 or not, as he was a bit busy with customers I didn't pursue the question.

Does anyone here know if the NTX hand guards can be fitted to the California Touring without much difficulty? The kit comes with the bar ends and all hardware needed to mount. Just not sure if everything is exactly the same or not.

If worse comes to worse I might just buy them online and try and see if they'll mount cleanly, they'd be a good addition in wet and cold weather!

As a side note, today I saw a HD Road King with aftermarket barkbusters and they looked very similar to the NTX handguards and I have to say, they didn't look all that bad on the HD. So, I'm thinking they'd look even better on the Cal 1400.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 12.22.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 12.22.12 AM.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 32
For $120, get yourself the heated grip kit -- installs easily with the already integrated switch gear on the back of the left handgrip.

that'll keep your mitts warm and won't screw up the looks..........

Does anyone here know if the NTX hand guards can be fitted to the California Touring without much difficulty?
As long as the brake and clutch masters are the same, it should work. Keep us posted if you do.

Those are cheaper than I would have thought. I rode my 1400 Tour into the low 30's with no problem but I installed the heated grips and the National Cycle clear hand guards. There is a discussion on them somewhere on here. They cost almost as much as the NTX guards but are clear and don't stand out. I personally don't like the plastic screw mount and had a couple fall out so I changed mine to some large head shouldered bolts I had from some sort of Honda ATV plastic I had laying around with slightly thicker rubber washers.

Hi, Abbienormal,
I would like to know which National Cycle clear hand guards you ordered, because their "metric" line does not list Moto Guzzi, let alone the 1400 Cal Touring bike. Thanks!
P.S. Glad you are happy with them, as I often worry about non-OEM parts giving my bike a Young Frankenstein look. 😉

I found that as much as I love my heated grips , when you're over 100kph in near freezing temperatures they weren't enough. A few hours later with some sheet aluminum and the fabricated hand guards cured that . A note from the Great White North:) .

Last edited:
Back